Fate Reforged Promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:41 pm

oh, ok !

you're right, the only basics you get in Fate Reforged boosters are foil, this is the case for all the languages I believe.

This is a strange thing, since the source for a foil card is different than for a regular one...

this makes me think a bit about the zendikar basic lands, where you could find only full art lands in the boosters, and the normal ones only in intro packs and fat packs.
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:40 am

mystical_tutor wrote:I just had one friend in Korea tell me that the UF boosters given out were in English. I probably won't know for sure until Feb if there were any at all printed in Korean.
Gary
Well, I saw two Korean Ugrn foils yesterday so I must conclude that the Ugin's Fate boosters were in Korean. I am going to try and get a set of the lands but because the Fat Packs sold here in Korea are in English that may be hard to do. I am not sure about the clash placks as I have not found a store that has any.

PS. Everything has changed here in the Seoul Magic shops. Two are under new ownership and have new names, one is closed down and will not re-open until after I leave. The shop I used to go to on Wed where there would be a dozen or so playing Commander had no casual players last night. There is a rumor of a new one. Casual Magic is being played again on the military base (at the USO) but only on Saturdays.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:I just had one friend in Korea tell me that the UF boosters given out were in English. I probably won't know for sure until Feb if there were any at all printed in Korean.
Gary
Well, I saw two Korean Ugrn foils yesterday so I must conclude that the Ugin's Fate boosters were in Korean. I am going to try and get a set of the lands but because the Fat Packs sold here in Korea are in English that may be hard to do. I am not sure about the clash placks as I have not found a store that has any.
Ugin's Fate are the promo boosters aren't they? I had a Korean dealer tell me that he couldn't get me any because they weren't made in Korean. If they are that will be a headache.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 am

I thought the alternate art Ugin from the Ugin's Fate promo boosters were all nonfoil? If it was Korean foil Ugin, it must be from regular booster.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 am

Aggggggg!!!

Your absolutely right Mark. I had a Magic Senior moment and forgot all about that. They were foil and the regular art. Now, because that was the only thing I saw that I thought was from an Ugin's Fate booster I'll have to go back and see what I can find--or not find as the case may be.
I saw one of the AA mountains but didn't double check to see if it was Koran or English.

Hope they are only in English. Will check tonight and be more careful.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.