New Judge Foils

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

New Judge Foils

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 am

Hi Members

New Judge Foils 2015

Rishadan Port
Image

New Judge Foils 2016

Mana Drain
Image

Command Beacon
Image
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:56 am
Location: PA
Contact:

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by l0qii » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:38 pm

so they finally did mana drain huh?

User avatar
chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:47 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by chaosdjinn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 am

Unfortunately only Level 3's and above are getting these.
DRAIN should never fall below 1k....possibly 1.2k.

That really sucks for us collectors who aren't judges.

Great Job WoTC!!
#@$$/-\0\_€5

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am
Location: Europe

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by Neuron » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Wouldn't Rishadan Port be a misprint if they release it as it looks on the picture?

User avatar
l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:56 am
Location: PA
Contact:

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by l0qii » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Neuron wrote:Wouldn't Rishadan Port be a misprint if they release it as it looks on the picture?
why?

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:27 am

l0qii wrote:
Neuron wrote:Wouldn't Rishadan Port be a misprint if they release it as it looks on the picture?
why?
Maybe because it's missing "colorless mana" ?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by effai » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 am

these are good cards, but way too expensive....

I had to stop my judge promo collection with Force of will and Elesh Norn...

Too bad :(
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

User avatar
berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:46 pm

l0qii wrote:
Neuron wrote:Wouldn't Rishadan Port be a misprint if they release it as it looks on the picture?
why?
I think because all things that used to produce colorless mana have had errata to change it to wastes mana, so that those cards could be used to cast such spells. The port should produce wastes mana, not colorless.

Image

Perhaps this is an indication as to when the Port was designed/printed, versus the Mana Drain and Command Beacon.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:02 am

berkumps wrote: Perhaps this is an indication as to when the Port was designed/printed, versus the Mana Drain and Command Beacon.
Rishadan Port was printed last year but was released in the newest Exemplar Wave this month that explains why it doesn't have the new colorless symbol.The 2 others were printed in 2016.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Hamburg (Germany)

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by Knutsen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 pm

effai wrote:these are good cards, but way too expensive....

I had to stop my judge promo collection with Force of will and Elesh Norn...

Too bad :(
Same here ... Really too bad. :-k

User avatar
Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: Chamonix, FRANCE

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by Alifromcairo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Ah Mana Drain... Here is what could happens when a card is not on the reserved list : it could be reprinted as a L3 judge promo with an affordable value for all :-D
Visit the Shores of Imagination

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am
Location: Europe

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by Neuron » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:Ah Mana Drain... Here is what could happens when a card is not on the reserved list : it could be reprinted as a L3 judge promo with an affordable value for all :-D
Indeed, for all of those judges :-D. I think Wizards does this to keep them in line.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Members

According to my sources, the last 2 Judge Foils for 2015 should be:
1/8 Temporal Manipulation
2/8 Shardless Agent

But I wait for them to be out before adding them in the Judge Gift Cards subsection.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:47 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by chaosdjinn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:23 am

Knutsen wrote:
effai wrote:these are good cards, but way too expensive....

I had to stop my judge promo collection with Force of will and Elesh Norn...

Too bad :(
Same here ... Really too bad. :-k
Me three.

I'll pick up the reasonably priced cards, but the newly printed $600-$800 bills are just ridiculous.

I hope Squt is listening to us. Since he went to work for WoTC, the opportunity for those of us who have been diligently collecting has really been narrowed.

Must be nice to be him though if he gets first crack at all the artificially rare, artificially high priced cards as one of his fringe benefits.

User avatar
mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am
Location: Germany

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by mmgun » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:37 am

chaosdjinn wrote:
Knutsen wrote:
effai wrote:these are good cards, but way too expensive....

I had to stop my judge promo collection with Force of will and Elesh Norn...

Too bad :(
Same here ... Really too bad. :-k
Me three.

I'll pick up the reasonably priced cards, but the newly printed $600-$800 bills are just ridiculous.

I hope Squt is listening to us. Since he went to work for WoTC, the opportunity for those of us who have been diligently collecting has really been narrowed.

Must be nice to be him though if he gets first crack at all the artificially rare, artificially high priced cards as one of his fringe benefits.

Squt is working for WotC ? That might be the reason, why most new errors only come on foil foreign Mythics......

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests