New Judge Foils

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Re: New Judge Foils

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 pm

mmgun wrote:
chaosdjinn wrote:
Knutsen wrote:
effai wrote:these are good cards, but way too expensive....

I had to stop my judge promo collection with Force of will and Elesh Norn...

Too bad :(
Same here ... Really too bad. :-k
Me three.

I'll pick up the reasonably priced cards, but the newly printed $600-$800 bills are just ridiculous.

I hope Squt is listening to us. Since he went to work for WoTC, the opportunity for those of us who have been diligently collecting has really been narrowed.

Must be nice to be him though if he gets first crack at all the artificially rare, artificially high priced cards as one of his fringe benefits.

Squt is working for WotC ? That might be the reason, why most new errors only come on foil foreign Mythics......
Here he is on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/wotcpurvis
I'm going to tweet to him a link to this thread because I don't think he comes here anymore.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:47 am

The more I think about it, the addition of Squt to the tribe has really blown up the collector's market in a way that really puts many products out of reach and/or not worth collecting.

1. Prerelease cards- from 1, to 5, to 40. No thanks.

2. Judge promos- from accessible but limited, to nigh unattainable. (Force, Elesh Norn and now Drain).

3. Commander/FTV/duel decks/clash packs/gift boxes/event decks and defunct products such as premium decks are released on an all-too regular basis.

4. Comic Con Planeswalker box set: near impossible to acquire at a reasonable price.

5. Expeditions at a rarity that makes collecting them almost impossible.

6. Country-specific cards (MPS promos from Japan)

You add it all up and the reprints right after a set is released (event decks) crush the secondary market value of in-print chase cards(hangarback walker/courser of kruphix/etc), plus more devaluation through the saturation of the market with alternate art playable foils (pia an kiran nalaar/ siege rhino/etc.), and issue extremely limited/nearly unattainable sets or cards (foil helvault angels/comic con PW sets/regional ptq liliana and wmcq thalia cards) and you come up with a collectible that really isn't realistically collectible anymore.

It's all gimmick now...with some cards' artificial rarity the only driver of price. Sad...but that is where WoTC and their Hasbro Overlords evolved the collectible niche of this 'collectible card game;' into a farce.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:27 pm

chaosdjinn wrote:The more I think about it, the addition of Squt to the tribe has really blown up the collector's market in a way that really puts many products out of reach and/or not worth collecting.

1. Prerelease cards- from 1, to 5, to 40. No thanks.
For Oath of the Gatewatch it's 54 Prerelease cards, as since Battle for Zendikar it's any rare or mythic rare card
chaosdjinn wrote:2. Judge promos- from accessible but limited, to nigh unattainable. (Force, Elesh Norn and now Drain).
The major problem is the prices that they are sold for.
chaosdjinn wrote:3. Commander/FTV/duel decks/clash packs/gift boxes/event decks and defunct products such as premium decks are released on an all-too regular basis.
At least Clash Packs and Event Decks are officially discontinued since February 2016
chaosdjinn wrote:4. Comic Con Planeswalker box set: near impossible to acquire at a reasonable price.
Yes, but 150/250$ depends of the year,
chaosdjinn wrote:5. Expeditions at a rarity that makes collecting them almost impossible.
That's indeed a tough challenge and a costly one.
chaosdjinn wrote:6. Country-specific cards (MPS promos from Japan)
Discontinued since Innistrad. You can get most of the cycles for a reasonable price.
chaosdjinn wrote:You add it all up and the reprints right after a set is released (event decks) crush the secondary market value of in-print chase cards(hangarback walker/courser of kruphix/etc), plus more devaluation through the saturation of the market with alternate art playable foils (pia an kiran nalaar/ siege rhino/etc.), and issue extremely limited/nearly unattainable sets or cards (foil helvault angels/comic con PW sets/regional ptq liliana and wmcq thalia cards) and you come up with a collectible that really isn't realistically collectible anymore.
Best thing that I did was quitting my Global Foreign Promos Collection in 2010 (and I'm not done) before the madness.
chaosdjinn wrote:It's all gimmick now...with some cards' artificial rarity the only driver of price. Sad...but that is where WoTC and their Hasbro Overlords evolved the collectible niche of this 'collectible card game;' into a farce.
I need to calculate the precised number of Promos or assimilate Promos for the year 2015, but I believe it's between 1250 and 1500 (To be verified) for someone being a Global Foreign Promos Collector.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8839
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:28 am

2015 PROMOS IN ALL LANGUAGES

Minimum is 3308, I was real far of the total amount in my previous post not counting Duel Decks, FTV, etc.. and I might have omitted few others.

EXIST ONLY IN ENGLISH
SOME SPECIFIC FOREIGN LANGUAGES NEED TO BE VERIFIED OR CONFIRMED

Convention and Various Promos = 10
Clash Pack Box Set Cards = 12 X 7 = 54
Holiday Gift Box = 1
Grand Prix Cards = 1
Launch Party Cards = 4 X 11 = 44
Magic Game Day Cards = 8 X 11 = 88
World Magic Cup Qualifiers Promos = 1
Happy Holidays Gift Cards = 1
Judge Gift Cards = 8
Sample Decks Cards = 16 X 11 = 176
Duel Decks Tokens = 7 X 2 = 14
League Tokens = 1 X 11 = 11
Commander Oversized Cards = 35 X 7 = 245
Resale Promos = 2
Buy- a -Box Promos = 4 X 11 = 44
Zendikar Expeditions Cards = 25
Intro Pack Alternate Art Cards = 270 Minimum or 300 Maximum
Fate Reforged = 5 X 7 (or 8)= 35 or 40
Dragons of Tarkir = 5 X 7 (or 8)= 35 or 40
Magic Origins = 5 X 10 (or 11)= 50 or 55
Battle for Zendikar = 15 X 10 (or 11)= 150 or 165

FNM = 132
Khans of Tarkir block Prerelease Promos = 594 Minimum
Fate Reforged = 30 X 11= 330
Fate Reforged Ugin's Fate Booster Prerelease participation bonus = 26 X 8 = 208
Dragons of Tarkir = 41 X 11 = 451
Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease Dragonfury price= 4 X 8 32 Minimum or 44 Maximum
Prerelease Events Promos 2015 = 108 X 11= 1587

TOTAL= Minimum 3336

* Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora = 120 X 2 = 240
* Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi = 120 X 2 = 240
* From the Vault: Angels = 15
* Modern Masters 2015= 249 X 3 = 747
TOTAL= 1242
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Wow...thank you, Alexis. I tweeted to Squt so hopefully he will review our concerns and have some input to the tribe as to what we are now experiencing.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:Ah Mana Drain... Here is what could happens when a card is not on the reserved list : it could be reprinted as a L3 judge promo with an affordable value for all :-D
Drenched in sarcasm
=D>

How ludicrous has it become? This ludicrous:

8-[

Step right up!! Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to trade 4 of your Legends Mana Drains for this BRANDY new, shiny, VERY RARE, ALTERNATE ART foily Mana Drain! Step right up!! Each patron receives not one but two, TWO quarts of Dr. McGillicuddy's ailment-curing Orochi Snake Oil !! It cures hemorrhoids, gout, hangnails, yellow teeth, sinusitis, arthritis, headaches, dry skin, uncontrollable flatulents, ear hair, balding, and athlete's foot. You can also use it to fix broken sleeves!, straighten out bent foils!, clean off dusty deck boxes!, and many, many other uses.

:-O

Did you like it when we printed Judge Force of Wills and distributed them at a level that 8 of your Alliances Force of Wills equal the secondary market value of just one Judge promo Force of Will?

Does paying 30 times the value of a regular Elesh Norn for the Phyrexian language Elesh Norn leave a gaping hole in your collection, your wallet, or both? Kicking you in the chops in the process? EXCELLENT!

Then don't question this once in a lifetime opportunity!! Time to grab your Mana Drain before it's gone!

And take it in the chops...again... and again... and again...

](*,)

Ludicrous, I tell you.

:-(
Remorsefully,
A Sad Panda MTG collector.
Last edited by chaosdjinn on Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Well, Chaosdjinn... I couldn't agree more but I should say that as being sarcastic, I guess that I finally found my Master ! :-D
Visit the Shores of Imagination

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Ali,
I wasn't being sarcastic, the Orochi Snake Oil really does cure uncontrollable flatulents. :wink:

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease Dragonfury price= 4 X ?
Probably all languages. I've seen all but ct, cs, kr.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 am

Neuron wrote:
Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease Dragonfury price= 4 X ?
Probably all languages. I've seen all but ct, cs, kr.
Hi Ron

Dragonfury Promos were available in ? different languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese languages are not confirmed yet.

So, it's at least X 8. I will fix the previous total
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:57 am

Hi Members

Last 2 of 2015:
1/8 Temporal Manipulation
2/8 Shardless Agent

ImageImage
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 pm

There are a couple of you that have really disappointed me. I thought you had at least a bit of civilized consideration but Slam dunking Squt the way you did just because he works at WotC is bad enough but accusing him of violating company policy for his own gain is flat out low and mean. Chaosdjinn, I don't know what kind of profession you have but cheap shots at professional conduct usually only indicate jealousy on the part of the person making them.

Even having been a DCI Judge I say ouch at the prices some of the gift cards bring but I understand the reason for it and support it. The reason the rare and expensive cards are chosen is just as the name indicates. A gift to them for their work--which people that haven't done it won't understand.

I can sigh about it too because I can't afford them either but I will not resent the judges or bemoan the company for doing it.

Sorry about the rant but you really pushed my button, I just thought better of you.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:19 am

mystical_tutor wrote:There are a couple of you that have really disappointed me. I thought you had at least a bit of civilized consideration but Slam dunking Squt the way you did just because he works at WotC is bad enough but accusing him of violating company policy for his own gain is flat out low and mean. Chaosdjinn, I don't know what kind of profession you have but cheap shots at professional conduct usually only indicate jealousy on the part of the person making them.

Even having been a DCI Judge I say ouch at the prices some of the gift cards bring but I understand the reason for it and support it. The reason the rare and expensive cards are chosen is just as the name indicates. A gift to them for their work--which people that haven't done it won't understand.

I can sigh about it too because I can't afford them either but I will not resent the judges or bemoan the company for doing it.

Sorry about the rant but you really pushed my button, I just thought better of you.

Gary
Gary, if this is the post you are referring to,
"Me three.

I'll pick up the reasonably priced cards, but the newly printed $600-$800 bills are just ridiculous.

I hope Squt is listening to us. Since he went to work for WoTC, the opportunity for those of us who have been diligently collecting has really been narrowed.

Must be nice to be him though if he gets first crack at all the artificially rare, artificially high priced cards as one of his fringe benefits."

then please notice that I was not disparaging him.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:05 pm

{open mouth, insert foot}

these can now be had for 350.00