New Mass Merchandise Resale Promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

New Mass Merchandise Resale Promos

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:22 am

Just bought 2 of these at WalMart. they were the only 2 out for sale, and they're for my collection. I'll check the Target nearby too over the weekend and buy any others I see there, in case anybody wants them.

Each resale pack came with 1 booster pack each of Battle For Zendikar, Theros, and Journey Into Nyx.

Outland Colossus, # 193/272, (C) 2016

Image
Last edited by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:34 am

Just as an odd side note, I opened the Battle for Zendikar boosters that came with the pack, and pulled 2 foil Sylvan Scryings. If anyone else does this, please let me know. :P

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Clay

Thanks added in the Resale Promos subsection.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by dragsamou » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi Members

After the Misprint Stocking Tiger another mistake sent to Target:
Azusa, Lost but Seeking. Judge Gift 03/08 P Judge

Image

Image
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:24 am

Good find. I have been to all the wallmarts and targets in my area at least twice each and all I see are the old hydras......
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by dragsamou » Sun May 01, 2016 10:52 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Good find. I have been to all the wallmarts and targets in my area at least twice each and all I see are the old hydras......
Hi Gary

Looks another one was available in 2015:

Image

And that another one is available:
Felidar Sovereign (Battle for Zendikar)

Image

Image

Image
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by dragsamou » Tue May 03, 2016 7:01 am

mystical_tutor wrote:man, I am not seeing any of these here in CS..... grrrrrrrrr.
Hi Gary

I have updated that subsection with more info and at least 5 different stores where you could find the triple booster packs or other support including the Foil Promo:
Target
Walmart
Toys R Us
GameStop
Meijer

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/160-rar ... index.html

According to different sources and info, it's really not an easy task to find some of them, as they are not all available in the same stores. Example: Atarka is/was so far only available at GameStop. Also the Foil Promo is sometimes inserted between the boosters and not on the front, etc...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:29 pm

dragsamou wrote: I have updated that subsection with more info and at least 5 different stores where you could find the triple booster packs or other support including the Foil Promo:
Target
Walmart
Toys R Us
GameStop
Meijer

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/160-rar ... index.html

According to different sources and info, it's really not an easy task to find some of them, as they are not all available in the same stores. Example: Atarka is/was so far only available at GameStop. Also the Foil Promo is sometimes inserted between the boosters and not on the front, etc...
Thanks for the tips Alexis;
The local Toys R Us went out of business here so I may have to try and check the one in Denver. I have explained the problem with the venders for Target and Walmart here so I am going to try and intercept them if I can and ask them directly when they will be putting those packs out.
Great tip on the card being between boosters, I'll check that if I find any blisters.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:34 pm

oops, forgot to ask,
Are we considering Magister of Worth also a mass market promo even though it was printed for a different reason (Conspiracy Launch)?

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Just bought 2 of these at WalMart. they were the only 2 out for sale, and they're for my collection. I'll check the Target nearby too over the weekend and buy any others I see there, in case anybody wants them.

Each resale pack came with 1 booster pack each of Battle For Zendikar, Theros, and Journey Into Nyx.

Outland Colossus, # 193/272, (C) 2016
So Clay, this does not have an "A" number like previous promos but does have the mana symbol burst?
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:42 pm

dragsamou wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:Good find. I have been to all the wallmarts and targets in my area at least twice each and all I see are the old hydras......
Hi Gary

Looks another one was available in 2015:

And that another one is available:
Felidar Sovereign (Battle for Zendikar)

Image
Does the Felidar Sovereign have an "A" number or set number I can't tell from the scan.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by dragsamou » Wed May 04, 2016 3:46 am

mystical_tutor wrote:oops, forgot to ask,
Are we considering Magister of Worth also a mass market promo even though it was printed for a different reason (Conspiracy Launch)?

Gary
Hi Gary

In the index, I have just mentioned this, with the pics of the 3 cards involved in the 3 Boosters pack:
It happened that for unknown reasons some Promos ended up as Resale Promos by mistake. Further details are yet unknown.
Magister of Worth Release Promo
Stocking Tiger Happy Holidays Gift Card, Misprinted with no date stamp
Azusa, Lost but Seeking Judge Gift Card

But, I just added the source, on the original subsection where they belong:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/817-rar ... -2014.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/706-rar ... cards.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/970-rar ... -2016.html
mystical_tutor wrote: Does the Felidar Sovereign have an "A" number or set number I can't tell from the scan.
Gary
The last card with the old frame and A Numbering is:
Xathrid Necromancer in 2014: A12 2014
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/860-rar ... -2014.html

All the Resale Promos from 2015 and 2016 have the new card frame and "P Promo"
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/942-rar ... -2015.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/990-rar ... -2016.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 04, 2016 4:37 pm

dragsamou wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:oops, forgot to ask,
Are we considering Magister of Worth also a mass market promo even though it was printed for a different reason (Conspiracy Launch)?

Gary
Hi Gary

In the index, I have just mentioned this, with the pics of the 3 cards involved in the 3 Boosters pack:
It happened that for unknown reasons some Promos ended up as Resale Promos by mistake. Further details are yet unknown.
Magister of Worth Release Promo
Stocking Tiger Happy Holidays Gift Card, Misprinted with no date stamp
Azusa, Lost but Seeking Judge Gift Card

But, I just added the source, on the original subsection where they belong:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/817-rar ... -2014.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/706-rar ... cards.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/970-rar ... -2016.html
mystical_tutor wrote: Does the Felidar Sovereign have an "A" number or set number I can't tell from the scan.
Gary
The last card with the old frame and A Numbering is:
Xathrid Necromancer in 2014: A12 2014
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/860-rar ... -2014.html

All the Resale Promos from 2015 and 2016 have the new card frame and "P Promo"
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/942-rar ... -2015.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/990-rar ... -2016.html
Thanks Alexis; I see I have a LOT of catching up to do. Sure hope some of these promos show up here in Colorado. So far, none.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Finally, at last at least the official Felidar Sovereign has shown up here in the Target Stores (vendered by Excell I believe) I did not see any of the others though in Target or WallMart.

Would love to get any of the other three if anyone ends up with any extras.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: New Resale Promo for 2016!!!!

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:29 am

Well, the Outland Colossus finally hit the Wallmart in my area. Packagaged just like shown above. with the number 193/272 P promo Boosters packaged with them seem to be random(in the 3 packages here in my local WM).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9w8ca8wx0gjn ... 2.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnt86vwf8w586 ... e.JPG?dl=0

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest