Problems,Bugs,etc....On The Librarities Forum

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Recently posted to a Facebook group:

Does anyone have any information about the MagicLibrarities website forums? I've tried six times now to create an account to post. The first three emails were ignored entirely. The last three were rejected with the reply that the domain no longer exists. Yet, looking at the forum, the instructions remain the same and no changes or updates have been made but the instructions lead any user following them down a dead end. I tried to post to Magic: the Gathering misprints and oddities for help given that the group is the most appropriate one in which to find help for this but the post failed to meet the criteria allowed by their moderators and never was able to reach anyone with an ability and willingness to be helpful.

This is James Lee, Seattle area L3 judge and all around someone we want to have on the forum.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:12 am

Please activate the user "counsellour."

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 am

gzeiger wrote:Recently posted to a Facebook group:

Does anyone have any information about the MagicLibrarities website forums? I've tried six times now to create an account to post. The first three emails were ignored entirely. The last three were rejected with the reply that the domain no longer exists. Yet, looking at the forum, the instructions remain the same and no changes or updates have been made but the instructions lead any user following them down a dead end. I tried to post to Magic: the Gathering misprints and oddities for help given that the group is the most appropriate one in which to find help for this but the post failed to meet the criteria allowed by their moderators and never was able to reach anyone with an ability and willingness to be helpful.

This is James Lee, Seattle area L3 judge and all around someone we want to have on the forum.
I add new members everyday, I presume that E-Mails are sent to the wrong adress, and wondering if some Members are trying to the Old Website that is not any longer updated at all.
gzeiger wrote:Please activate the user "counsellour."
DONE
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 am

Is XXdragsamou@XXnoosXX.fr still correct? That's still what's posted on the forum header, and that's what he said he used. This seems to be a recurring theme, and I don't now exactly what the problem is but I really think it's become a big deal for our community.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 am

This may be a silly question, but did your friend remove the XX's before sending the email? I've emailed Alexis at this email address before, but there were no X's in it.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 am

gzeiger wrote:Is XXdragsamou@XXnoosXX.fr still correct? That's still what's posted on the forum header, and that's what he said he used. This seems to be a recurring theme, and I don't now exactly what the problem is but I really think it's become a big deal for our community.
Hi

This adress works perfectly, I'm added Members on a very regular basis as soon as I get the E-Mail, just added another one right now. So, either, it's sent on a wrong E-mail adress, at my old E-Mail adress that doesn't work anymore, or someone that wanted to join, used the old website and sent the E-Mail to another obsolete E-Mail adress, as an example of pages, you can still find on Google:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/raritie ... lowns.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00 am

berkumps wrote:This may be a silly question, but did your friend remove the XX's before sending the email? I've emailed Alexis at this email address before, but there were no X's in it.
Hi Mark

The "XX" was the issue, so I have modified the sentence in the Registering Topic:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9057
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:15 am

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... c&start=29

Hey Alexis! Take a look at the incredibly long link posted by box1985. For me it really screws up the format of the page. I have seen links getting automatically shortened in other forums. Maybe something similar could be implemented here.

Take a look at this post here:
http://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/120227-co ... ?p=1139524

http://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/121567-ve ... Cber-euch/
gets shortened to:
http://www.mtg-forum...deck-über-euch/

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 am

The link that Box1985 used seems to work fine for me.

What is the problem?

The "gets shortened to" link you posted returns a "this page can not be found" for me.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:22 am

NeRo wrote:http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... c&start=29

Hey Alexis! Take a look at the incredibly long link posted by box1985. For me it really screws up the format of the page. I have seen links getting automatically shortened in other forums. Maybe something similar could be implemented here.

Take a look at this post here:
http://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/120227-co ... ?p=1139524

http://www.mtg-forum.de/topic/121567-ve ... Cber-euch/
gets shortened to:
http://www.mtg-forum...deck-über-euch/
Hi

I don't read German, so it's not helping me to find a solution. So, in between, I find a provisory way.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:59 am

mystical_tutor wrote:What is the problem?
The original link (was changed via different [url] code now) was like 200+ characters long and screwed up the format of this website because it got displayed in one piece/one very long line. I guess it is similar to big pictures screwing up the website ...
dragsamou wrote:I don't read German
There is no need at all to understand the content. It is just about how long links automatically get shortend.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

NeRo wrote:
The original link (was changed via different code now) was like 200+ characters lon ... ://goo.gl/

For a module blocking pics or scans at 999 width automatically, I will keep the members informed.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:30 am

NeRo wrote:
The original link (was changed via different [url] code now) was like 200+ characters long and screwed up the format of this website because it got displayed in one piece/one very long line. I guess it is similar to big pictures screwing up the website ...
There is no need at all to understand the content. It is just about how long links automatically get shortend.
Ah I think I get it... When such a URL was put in a post it was so long that it made the post too wide to see on a screen--like when pictures are too big.

I never realized this might happen, thanks, I'll watch my URLs.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:28 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
NeRo wrote:
Ah I think I get it... When such a URL was put in a post it was so long that it made the post too wide to see on a screen--like when pictures are too big.

I never realized this might happen, thanks, I'll watch my URLs.

Gary
Hi Gary

It was the first time it happened on the forum that I do remember. Maximum length of URL, varies from browsers, search engines, website forums, etc...That Google tool prevents the problem.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Re: Problems,Bugs,etc....On The Librarities Forum

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Probably no one has this problem because you all are web experts.

my inbox for PM says something like You have x messages on hold because the folder is full.
I tried to delete some messages--can't figure out how. I can see where to mark them but the old selection of delete marked messages, seems to be hiding from me.

Help needed.

Gary
Gary Adkison