Low quality of Magiclibrarities scans on the website

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 pm

l0qii wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Guys.
So, just let me know which program I need to add to my computer to prevent this.I just don't believe that Vista is ruling my computer without my will and agreement ](*,)
For your info, I have tried to upload scans with those 2:
Galerie Photos Windows Live
Internet Explorer
But the result is the same as Windows Photos Gallery
Internet Explorer should work, but Galerie may have already removed the original version. Try deleting the scans and then opening the RAR file again so you know they are the originals.
Hi Tim.
I try that right now, have a look at the Evil Presents from Internet Explorer in 5 Minutes.Thanks.
EDIT:Done.LMK is there's a difference.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

dragsamou wrote:
l0qii wrote:
So, just let me know which program I need to add to my computer to prevent this.I just don't believe that Vista is ruling my computer without my will and agreement ](*,)
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer should work, but Galerie may have already removed the original version. Try deleting the scans and then opening the RAR file again so you know they are the originals.
Hi Tim.
I try that right now, have a look at the Evil Presents from Internet Explorer in 5 Minutes.Thanks.
Same problem :(

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:32 pm

l0qii wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
l0qii wrote:
Internet Explorer
Hi Tim.
Same problem :(
So, I don't know what to do anymore, I give up for now ](*,)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Alexis, please, allow me access to the server to solve the problem. I need this access only for one day.
Until the problem isn't solved, I won't send any new scans.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:Alexis, please, allow me access to the server to solve the problem. I need this access only for one day.
Until the problem isn't solved, I won't send any new scans.
Hi Hans.
This is not a server problem, I have contacted my webmaster about that situation, as only him have access to it, I never went there myself.In between the problem is solved, I will take care of my collection and my personal life.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 am

Hi Tim.
Can you check the scan that I upload, this time not using Mozilla but Internet Explorer, and opened by IE not Windows Gallery Photos.Thanks.
l0qii wrote:The file size is different. The original is 253k, the one on the site is only 85k.
Hi Tim.
The Big scan is 253K, and the small one is 85K on your computer?

On mine, I have:
Size 83,7 Ko (85 777 octets) Small scan from my Desktop
Size on the drive 84,0 Ko (86 016 octets)

Size 252 Ko (258 644 octets) Big scan from my Desktop
Size on the drive 256 Ko (262 144 octets)

The Original File from Winrar is:
Small 85777
Big 258644
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:23 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi Tim.
Can you check the scan that I upload, this time not using Mozilla but Internet Explorer, and opened by IE not Windows Gallery Photos.Thanks.
l0qii wrote:The file size is different. The original is 253k, the one on the site is only 85k.
Hi Tim.
The Big scan is 253K, and the small one is 85K on your computer?

On mine, I have:
Size 83,7 Ko (85 777 octets) Small scan from my Desktop
Size on the drive 84,0 Ko (86 016 octets)

Size 252 Ko (258 644 octets) Big scan from my Desktop
Size on the drive 256 Ko (262 144 octets)

The Original File from Winrar is:
Small 85777
Big 258644
Finally have a look at the one upload with Adobe Photoshop CS4 Evaluation.LMK.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Bad, as usual.

Alexis, I don't understand why you use a graphics program for uploading(!) pictures.
And I don't understand why you use generally such graphic programs. You don't have to modify the scans, so you don't have to use a graphics program. And there's no need to open a scan.
How do you upload the html files to the server? It is the same thing: uploading pictures and html files.
For such uploading procedures usually a FTP-client is suitable and recommended but not a graphics program...

Eventually you should talk with your webmaster about the whole uploading procedure. He has to give the proper way.
And when he's not willing in to give you access to the server, so I also don't understand this. You pay for the server, right?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:Bad, as usual.

Alexis, I don't understand why you use a graphics program for uploading(!) pictures.
And I don't understand why you use generally such graphic programs. You don't have to modify the scans, so you don't have to use a graphics program. And there's no need to open a scan.
How do you upload the html files to the server? It is the same thing: uploading pictures and html files.
For such uploading procedures usually a FTP-client is suitable and recommended but not a graphics program...

Eventually you should talk with your webmaster about the whole uploading procedure. He has to give the proper way.
And when he's not willing in to give you access to the server, so I also don't understand this. You pay for the server, right?
Hi Hans.
I've asked which program, I should use instead of Windows Gallery Photos and no one answer me, so I try to upload scans with Adobe CS4 to check if the problem was solved.I don't do Anything with the server, the webmaster is responsible of it, I use from the beginning a program on my computer that allows me, just to add the scans that you sent me and the info.Everything was working perfectely before, and it's still the same, the only problem there is, and that you mentioned on the 3rd of March is that your scans get compressed now, this took place when I did get my new computer with Vista instead of XP.I have send him an E-Mail about the problem, and I wait an answer from him, but he has a life, so things or answers don't took place in a minute.Regarding the server, etc...I pay for everything, and it's not that he doesn't want me to give me access to the server, is that I never wanted so, to do what, as I will be incapable to do anything on it, as I don't have any notions.If there's a problem on the server, whenever I create sections or subsections with my program, he's the one adding them, and that's just perfect for me.Uploading scans, and providing info is already a huge, consuming job, that takes a lot of time, as an example adding 12 cards of the Hachette inserts takes 45 minutes.Waiting now for him, whenever, he will have time to check if it's a server problem, program problem, and if not, it's simply a Vista one, and don't expect from me to find a solution as I know nothing about it, or computer technology in general.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 pm

All you really need is a basic FTP client like WinSCP, but this requires that you connect directly to the server to upload the files, and it will not let you preview the scans before you upload them. It's difficult for me to understand the process of uploading if you do not already connect to the server. Do you send everything the the webmaster and then he uploads them? In that case you could just send the RAR file directly to him since there is nothing inside that needs to be changed by you. I hope you did not buy Adobe CS4 just for this :/ It is so expensive!

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:51 pm

All you really need is a basic FTP client like WinSCP, but this requires that you connect directly to the server to upload the files
Exactly. (I use Filezilla, another very good FTP client http://filezilla-project.org)
Alexis, if you have access to the server, you will save a lot of time, believe me. And handling is easy to understand. Sending all things to your webmaster is a long way round. And eventually you can save some money this way.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm

l0qii wrote:All you really need is a basic FTP client like WinSCP, but this requires that you connect directly to the server to upload the files, and it will not let you preview the scans before you upload them. It's difficult for me to understand the process of uploading if you do not already connect to the server. Do you send everything the the webmaster and then he uploads them? In that case you could just send the RAR file directly to him since there is nothing inside that needs to be changed by you. I hope you did not buy Adobe CS4 just for this :/ It is so expensive!
Hi Tim.
I upload every scans and info, from a program, that is on my computer, it's very easy for me to use and so far, it works perfectely.I did get Adobe CS4 evaluation, that's 30 Days free, to check if the problem was coming from the Windows Photos Gallery, but as I talk to my webmaster this morning, there's no problems on the server, on the program I use, and for him, it may come from the program that I use to extract file, which is WinRar.I keep you informed.
Mister Foilcard wrote:
All you really need is a basic FTP client like WinSCP, but this requires that you connect directly to the server to upload the files
Exactly. (I use Filezilla, another very good FTP client http://filezilla-project.org)
Alexis, if you have access to the server, you will save a lot of time, believe me. And handling is easy to understand. Sending all things to your webmaster is a long way round. And eventually you can save some money this way.
Hi Hans.
The program that I use since the beginning to upload scans and info, is just perfect, and so easy to use, no need for me to spend time on the server.I send nothing to my webmaster, just the title of the subsection, when I create one, then from A to Z, I do everything from my program.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Post by me-and_we » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm pretty sure that it definitely is not winrar what causes the problem. I have absolutely no clue how you manage this site, and I don't think it is any of my business, but in my humble opinion the problem may be found in whatever you are using to implement the graphics on the website. Just a guess...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:34 pm

me-and_we wrote:I'm pretty sure that it definitely is not winrar what causes the problem. I have absolutely no clue how you manage this site, and I don't think it is any of my business, but in my humble opinion the problem may be found in whatever you are using to implement the graphics on the website. Just a guess...
Hi Marcel.
One thing is sure, as this has been verified, it doesn't come from the server, that doesn't touch the scans but just add them, from the program that I use and that was working perfectely under XP, this need to be double checked, but that program just let the scans and info to be added, and doesn't compress the files.Things will be verified, but if there's a compression problem, either it comes from Vista or from a program compressing or decompressing files.I just took off WinRar that I was using and get another one, I will check what's going on now.Hopefully a solution will be found this week.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm

The problems don't come from Winrar or Vista. The problem comes from that software you use for open(!) the scans. I say it a second time: there's no need to open and process any scan.