Access to the Server

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Should Alexis Give Mister Foilcard Access to the Server

Poll ended at Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 am

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Access to the Server

Post by notsofasteddie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:00 am

With the issues and precedents associated with giving Mister Foilcard access to the server are numerous and significant, the question of access to the server is an important one.

So with appropriate safeguards and an action plan, should Mister Foilcard be given access to the Server to fix the problem of scan compression?

I think this would be a good issue for a little member participation. Having "a say" is the basis of a Democracy. What do you think?
Last edited by notsofasteddie on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:16 am

In most democracies, the people do not vote directly on the law, they just elect those who do.

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:26 am

l0qii wrote:In most democracies, the people do not vote directly on the law, they just elect those who do.
Truth!

Do we qualify as a Republic? Do we need to elect representatives? Is this not an effective way to "Have a Say?" We are all in this together.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:45 am

It's certainly an effective way to have a say, and I think it's a good poll. I was just being difficult for the sake of argument. :)

Maybe we should have a poll to see whether we should elect representatives or not.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Access to the Server

Post by dragsamou » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 am

notsofasteddie wrote:With the issues and precedents associated with giving Mister Foilcard access to the server are numerous and significant, the question of access to the server is an important one.

So with appropriate safeguards and an action plan, should Mister Foilcard be given access to the Server to fix the problem of scan compression?

I think this would be a good issue for a little member participation. Having "a say" is the basis of a Democracy. What do you think?
Hi.
I have contacted my webmaster about that problem, he will take care of it, but for him this is not a server problem, but a Vista/Photo Gallery Windows.
I will keep you informed as soon as I have news.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:40 pm

dragsamou wrote:I have contacted my webmaster about that problem, he will take care of it, but for him this is not a server problem, but a Vista/Photo Gallery Windows.
Humm, are we using the same server as we were before the problem or is the server the "new computer" that was mentioned? If the same server is being used, with the same software, it seems logical to look elsewhere to fix the problem.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
dragsamou wrote:I have contacted my webmaster about that problem, he will take care of it, but for him this is not a server problem, but a Vista/Photo Gallery Windows.
Humm, are we using the same server as we were before the problem or is the server the "new computer" that was mentioned? If the same server is being used, with the same software, it seems logical to look elsewhere to fix the problem.
Hi Gary.
This is exactely the same server that I use since the beginning.The Only new thing, is my computer with Vista and that God Damn Windows Gallery Photos that I use because it was included with my HP computer when I bought it.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 pm

l0qii wrote:In most democracies, the people do not vote directly on the law, they just elect those who do.
OT on

But this you say is not a democracy, but oligarchy ...
Oligarchs are the ones who make us believe this is democracy.
Unfortunately here in Italy we know very well this problem ....

OT Off

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 pm

dragsamou wrote: Hi Gary.
This is exactely the same server that I use since the beginning.The Only new thing, is my computer with Vista and that God Damn Windows Gallery Photos that I use because it was included with my HP computer when I bought it.
I not only had a bad experience on my HP computer/printer combo with HP software but I had a terrable time getting rid of it completly. I fianally had to download an uninstall package from one of their service reps to get it off my machine. That was with Win XP though and I suspect Vista may be a different bucket of worms.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.