Alternate 4th edition

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

willard507
Librarities Hero

Alternate 4th edition

Post by willard507 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm

For unknown reasons, Alternate Fourth Edition cards seem to have been leaked into the public exclusively in starter decks. These starter decks feature the same product code as regular starter decks and share the same contents but can be recognized by their legal text which mentions the United States Playing Card Corporation instead of Carta Mundi. The starter deck boxes, however, do feature a slightly different product code. Their ISBN is 1-880992-26-4 instead of 1-880992-25-6.
I think the last line in this section of the info on alternate 4th edition is switched around although I am not 100%. I think the ISBNs are switched possibly because I have 4th edition starters that mention united States Playing Card Company in their legal text but their ISBN is 1-880992-25-6 and have some opened and confirmed that they are alternate 4th edition. I don't have any none alternate 4th edition to confirm but my guess is that the numbers are switched in the info as it sits now.

Also just want to say thanks to everyone that runs and keeps this site open its a priceless resource for the magic collecting community.
I'm looking for odd/rare Mind Twists.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:57 am

The info is correct. All individual decks have the number you describe, whether from Carta Mundi or US Playing Card Co. The different codes apply to the boxes of decks.

willard507
Librarities Hero

Post by willard507 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:45 pm

So the display boxes full of stater decks have the different ISBN I understand. I guess then the wording is a little confusing as I took it to mean on the starter boxes not on the display boxes full of starter boxes. I am sorry for the confusion maybe this could be worded better to avoid others making the same mistake. It may also be that my reading comprehension level is not up to par. :wink: Sorry just trying to be helpful.
I'm looking for odd/rare Mind Twists.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 am

willard507 wrote:So the display boxes full of stater decks have the different ISBN I understand. I guess then the wording is a little confusing as I took it to mean on the starter boxes not on the display boxes full of starter boxes. I am sorry for the confusion maybe this could be worded better to avoid others making the same mistake. It may also be that my reading comprehension level is not up to par. :wink: Sorry just trying to be helpful.
Hi
To me it's clear, you have a Starter Deck and a Starter Deck Box, I don't know how to formulate it in another way. Any input?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Maybe say "box of starter decks" and "starter deck".

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 am

i_set_fire wrote:Maybe say "box of starter decks" and "starter deck".
Hi
As the subsection and others will be updated normally this week-end , I have modified to "Box of starter decks". Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.