Update to Edge of the World data

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Rainsford
Librarities Legend

Update to Edge of the World data

Post by Rainsford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Hello,

For the Edge of the World section (Non-Official Cards section), additional known info could be added:

1. Donald X. Vaccarino went on to create the 2009 Spiel des Jahres winning board game, Dominion.

2. At the time of the convention, four known complete sets were in existence (2 to the executive producers of Manafest, 1 to a producer on Manafest and 1 to the creator of the set.) Two have since been sold to collectors, and two remain in the original owner's collections.

I figure #1 might be an interesting addition.

#2 is more of collector data, but might be of interest.

Best regards,

Raisnford

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Update to Edge of the World data

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Rainsford wrote:Hello,

For the Edge of the World section (Non-Official Cards section), additional known info could be added:

1. Donald X. Vaccarino went on to create the 2009 Spiel des Jahres winning board game, Dominion.

2. At the time of the convention, four known complete sets were in existence (2 to the executive producers of Manafest, 1 to a producer on Manafest and 1 to the creator of the set.) Two have since been sold to collectors, and two remain in the original owner's collections.

I figure #1 might be an interesting addition.

#2 is more of collector data, but might be of interest.

Best regards,

Raisnford
Thanks. Added
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 am

Oh wow! I was buddies with Donald for a while, and I never put 2 and 2 together that he made the set. I'll have to pester him about this at some point. :)

No clue when I will see him next tho :(

Rainsford
Librarities Legend

Post by Rainsford » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:04 am

Considering how well Dominion and the expansion have done - I would hazard that Donald has been doing very, very well these last few years. :-)

Winning the Spiel des Jahres is like winning Best Director or Best Movie at the Oscars. It is not an insignificant thing. Add to that that Dominion is one of the best selling board games of the past few years...

It is great to see he has done well.

Best regards,

Rainsford