Damn Fetchlands Promos Scans

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Post Reply
User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 am

Alexis;

My goal was to bring the Judge gifts scans up to date as I have them all. I have scanned them but have not had time to run them through photoshop for size and allignment.

those two Lands, Poluted Delta and Flooded Strand really stump me. I have tried different scanning resolutions and still get that shadow in the background. I have looked at them with a 4x glass in natural and artificial light and can not see anything wrong until I scan them.

All the scans I have sent have been done with the same process (and with the glass repeatedly cleaned) and just these two cards seem to be affected.

Folks, look at the 2009 Judge gift lands and tell me how to get rid of the (newspaper line) shadow. Can this be someting in the nature of the foil itself?

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
BillBo
Librarities Hero
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:12 am
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

Post by BillBo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 am

Are mine of any help? You can choose to view them at 2550 x 3300.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107139562@ ... /lightbox/
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5409
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:37 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Alexis;

My goal was to bring the Judge gifts scans up to date as I have them all. I have scanned them but have not had time to run them through photoshop for size and allignment.

those two Lands, Poluted Delta and Flooded Strand really stump me. I have tried different scanning resolutions and still get that shadow in the background. I have looked at them with a 4x glass in natural and artificial light and can not see anything wrong until I scan them.

All the scans I have sent have been done with the same process (and with the glass repeatedly cleaned) and just these two cards seem to be affected.

Folks, look at the 2009 Judge gift lands and tell me how to get rid of the (newspaper line) shadow. Can this be someting in the nature of the foil itself?

Gary
Hi Gary

Yes, this is the first time this happened out of all the scans you send me, I have no clue why this took place :-k
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm

caquaa wrote:likely due to the scanner and there are parts that are almost a perfect mirror on those foils. A fix is trying another scanner, but you'd likely just get the same results as well.
Please elaborate. I will try another scanner when I can find one. I scan a sheet at a time and the other cards all came out ok. But, if I am understanding correctly, you are you saying there may be something in the scanner itself that caused this irregularity? A reflection of some kind? I know nothing about scanner mechanics so I'd like to understand what you are saying.

I'll also try scanning them at a different location on the scanner.

I use photoshop 10 if that means anything.

Thanks in advance

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5409
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
caquaa wrote:likely due to the scanner and there are parts that are almost a perfect mirror on those foils. A fix is trying another scanner, but you'd likely just get the same results as well.
Please elaborate. I will try another scanner when I can find one. I scan a sheet at a time and the other cards all came out ok. But, if I am understanding correctly, you are you saying there may be something in the scanner itself that caused this irregularity? A reflection of some kind? I know nothing about scanner mechanics so I'd like to understand what you are saying.

I'll also try scanning them at a different location on the scanner.

I use photoshop 10 if that means anything.

Thanks in advance

Gary
Hi Gary

Don't worry about it too much, those 2 scans are better than nothing, and I could not find better ones on Google images, as it looks that these Foils are a real problem to be scanned in a good way compares to the others, might be a different foiling, who knows, I don't own them. Thanks anyway :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

BillBo wrote:Are mine of any help? You can choose to view them at 2550 x 3300.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107139562@ ... /lightbox/
Well, they look better than mine on Flicker. Would you mind sending them to me (I'll pm you my regular address). I can't seem to steal them off the posting. The Strand looks like it has a different issue with vertical lines but lets give it a try.

I really don't know much about scanning. I have been scanning most at 600 dpi. sib51 sent me some French cards at 900 dpi that seemed to work well. I scanned these at 1200 and all worked ok except these two. I have the next two years scanned but have been tied up with other stuff instead of getting them to Alexis.

Thanks,

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

NeRo
Librarities Legend
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by NeRo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Hey Gary try this link to save the scan instead of the originally given link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107139562@ ... otostream/

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm

BillBo wrote:Are mine of any help? You can choose to view them at 2550 x 3300.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107139562@ ... /lightbox/
NeRo wrote:Hey Gary try this link to save the scan instead of the originally given link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107139562@ ... otostream/
Not sure what the difference in these were but they were better than mine and Alexis has posted them in place of the ones I scanned.

SO! Thanks much. I hope to have 2012 done today or tomorrow and that will catch us up to date on Judge foils (for one month).

Anything that is not on the board is desired. Just do a rough scan even in 600 or + dpi and send it to me, I'll allign and size it for the board.

specially need non-English ones from anyone interested in seeing the other languages represented.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest