Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:41 am

Hi Members.
I need to know if the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German follow the same pattern as the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards English.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/151-rar ... glish.html
Meaning are the 27 ones having differing card texts from the Fourth Edition versions: some have Fifth Edition text, and some have unique text all of their own are the same as in English.Thanks for helping as I do not own any 4TH Edition German.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magicdude

Re: Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German

Post by magicdude » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:49 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
I need to know if the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German follow the same pattern as the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards English.
Meaning are the 27 ones having differing card texts from the Fourth Edition versions: some have Fifth Edition text, and some have unique text all of their own are the same as in English.Thanks for helping as I do not own any 4TH Edition German.
I think I have two complete sets (1 opened), so I should have all German 1996 cards. I also have most 4th Ed. WB German commons (only some uncommons, and only very few rares).
I'll have to wait until after Christmas to check since my cards are already packed in advance, awaiting relocation to our new house early December. After that it'll take me at least 3 weeks to do all kinds of stuff for our new home, before I can start with Magic-related stuff again :'-(.
I already know for sure that the German 1996-version of 'Reverse Damage' has different spell text from the German WB 4th Ed.-version.
I'll have to check the others in some weeks time...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:22 pm

magicdude wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
I think I have two complete sets (1 opened), so I should have all German 1996 cards. I also have most 4th Ed. WB German commons (only some uncommons, and only very few rares).
I'll have to wait until after Christmas to check since my cards are already packed in advance, awaiting relocation to our new house early December. After that it'll take me at least 3 weeks to do all kinds of stuff for our new home, before I can start with Magic-related stuff again :'-(.
I already know for sure that the German 1996-version of 'Reverse Damage' has different spell text from the German WB 4th Ed.-version.
I'll have to check the others in some weeks time...
Hi Eric.
I appreciate since no others German Members seems to own 4TH Edition WB German cards or are willing to help.By the time,you relocate,All the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German 1996 should be on the website.Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:14 pm

dragsamou wrote:I appreciate since no others German Members seems to own 4TH Edition WB German cards or are willing to help.
Give people the time to read the thread or to come back home from work

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:26 pm

pp wrote:
dragsamou wrote:I appreciate since no others German Members seems to own 4TH Edition WB German cards or are willing to help.
Give people the time to read the thread or to come back home from work
Hi Patrick.
Well,it's maybe because,I start to get used to some people reading threads and either not answering or helping even monthes after.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:00 pm

dragsamou wrote: Well,it's maybe because,I start to get used to some people reading threads and either not answering or helping even monthes after.
I can understand you Alexis, but you will not encourage people if you write 'anyway, nobody wants to help'

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm

pp wrote:
dragsamou wrote: Well,it's maybe because,I start to get used to some people reading threads and either not answering or helping even monthes after.
I can understand you Alexis, but you will not encourage people if you write 'anyway, nobody wants to help'
Hi Patrick.
I didn't wrote "Nobody wants to help",as some Members are really helping me out,and without the help in some sections,not that much I can do.
Helping is not an obligation but a gracious act.I really wonder why I should encourage some Members,as I'm simply asking not forcing anyone,maybe when I won't be updating the website for quite long time,it will be the opposite.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Dakkon22049
Librarities Member

Post by Dakkon22049 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 pm

i own a (open) Two-Player Set Cards German Set, too. But i don't have 4th cards to compare them. When i can help, please let me know.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Only English

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:44 pm

I unfortunately do not collect German standard cards (only misprints).
Chris

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Only English

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:I unfortunately do not collect German standard cards (only misprints).
Chris
Hi Chris.
I don't blame you,I do not even Collect French Standard cards except Promos and 2 Sets(Revised Black Border and Renaissance)and 3 others Specific Collections(Foil Basic Lands,Foil Elves,Normal Rebecca Guay to match the Foil US ones) :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Here is the only German 4th Ed card I own that also comes in the 2-Player boxset. As you can see, there is a difference relative to the boxset version http://www.magiclibrarities.net/147-836 ... tml#return

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:37 pm

berkumps wrote:Here is the only German 4th Ed card I own that also comes in the 2-Player boxset. As you can see, there is a difference relative to the boxset version http://www.magiclibrarities.net/147-836 ... tml#return
Hi Mark.
This is bad news as it means that the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German doesn't follow the same pattern as the different 27 English Cards and I presume it will be the same for the French,Italian and Spanish ones #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Found two more German 4th Ed cards that are also in the 2P boxset. They are both also different than the 1996 versions 8-[

1996 Scathe Zombies: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/147-878 ... tml#return

1996 Scryb Sprites: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/147-879 ... tml#return
Last edited by berkumps on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:13 pm

the date are diferent ... normal ?

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:25 pm

Aside from the fact that the German 4th has a 1995 copyright date and the 2-Player boxset has 1996, there are these differences:

Scathe Zombies: card text is significantly smaller in the 4th edition version

Scryb Sprites: 4th Edition says "Konnen fliegen" for creature ability, 2-Player boxset says "Fliegend".