Introductory Two-Player Set Cards German

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 am

berkumps wrote:Aside from the fact that the German 4th has a 1995 copyright date and the 2-Player boxset has 1996, there are these differences:

Scathe Zombies: card text is significantly smaller in the 4th edition version

Scryb Sprites: 4th Edition says "Konnen fliegen" for creature ability, 2-Player boxset says "Fliegend".
Hi Mark.
I believe this is gonna be a Huge job,as these 2 German cards are also different while the Introductory English are the same as 4TH Edition
Normal ones.Meaning that,for German introductory,I need to find out from which Edition the Card Text belongs.I will double check the English,work ahead on the French,then Spanish and Italian,I will need help big time from Italian and Spanish Members.What a headache with that section #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:07 am

Hi guys,

Alexis ask me to bring some light in the mysteries. I will do this gladly. The whole thing regarding the German 4th Edition and Two-Player-Introductory Set is not so easy. This is the story:

German Magic starts in end of 1994 with the Revised Edition. All cards have black borders and in the copyright line the year 1994. This edition is called "Limitierte Auflage" (limited edition) in Germany. This first Germany Edition contains many errors and bad translations. So in early 1995 the set was reprinted with many corrections and many many new different card texts. This set contains the same cards like the "Limitierte Auflage" but has white borders and the year 1995 (!) in the copyright line. This set is called in Germany "Unlimitierte Auflage" (unlimited edition). Additionally, both sets has the 4th Edition frame (!).
So far so good.
But now the things will become complicated: Now the 4th Edition comes out.
The German 4th Editions contains the same cards like the english 4th Edition, has white borders, of course the card face of the 4th Edition and in the copyright line the year 1995 (oops!). Many card texts of the fourth German Edition was the same like in "Unlimitierte Edition". Most of the cards looks the same, so in many cases it wasn't possible to decite in first sight from which Edition a specific card comes. So nearly all players, collectors and dealer mixed (!) their stocks of German 3rd and 4th Editions. For a serious collector now a terrible thing and a big problem.
The Two Player Sets come out with 1996 in the copyright line. Now not so experienced players says there were cards from 4th Edition with 1996...
Because nearly all dealers ignore the problems. I believe there is only a very very small amount of complete true German 4th Edition and "Unlimitierte Auflage" sets in the world (I'm still miss some cards for both sets too!!!).
In the late 90' some serious collectors like Ralph Herold and other (like me, :wink: )) are looking for a solution and an important discovery was made: Wizards used for the card title of German 4th Edition and "Unlimitierte Auflage" slightly different fonts! The differences between both fonts were not big, but in some cases recognizable.
Here is a good example to illustrate the facts (Attention, this is valid only for the card title!!!):

Now it was possible to identify most of the cards. But in some cases this won't work. So far I know it was Ralph Herold who discovered that the distance between the characters in card title and the the border of the card picture was different in German 4th Edition from "Unlimitierte Auflage". So it is now possible to identify all cards. You have only to do a high resolution scans of the cards and compare the distance directly on the scans. It is good to see in the above picture for the letter "g".
Hope that helps.

Mark, you see, that your "Seelenlose Zombies" are not from German 4th Edition. This card is from "Unlimitierte Auflage".

Alexis, I will try to compile a list for your info column (from which Edition the card text comes) within the next days, please be patient a little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:14 am

Mister Foilcard wrote: Alexis, I will try to compile a list for your info column (from which Edition the card text comes) within the next days, please be patient a little.
Hi Hans.
Thanks so much for the explanations =D> , I didn't thought it was such a Nightmare about these German Cards.Do not worry,I'm more than patient :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:18 am

Detective Hans =D> =D> =D>
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 am

pickle.69 wrote:Detective Hans =D> =D> =D>
"Legendary German Collector Detective" should definately be his Unique Title :wink:
What do you think about it Hans?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:43 am

Unique Title
Sounds good. :-\'

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:47 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:
Unique Title
Sounds good. :-\'
Hi Hans.
Would you prefer:
"Legendary German Collector Detective"
or
"Legendary German Detective Collector"
or
Any other Title of your choice?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Some of my Global sets have cards from the Two-Player Introductory Sets. I'll be able to help with those cards. I don't have all of the versions to compare yet. I can tell you that Scryb Sprites Introductory has different text than Scryb Sprites 4th or anything before that. I don't have a German 5th Edition Scryb Sprites to compare yet. I'll try to look at some of the other cards when I have more time.

Do you have this figured out for all of the other languages yet? I may be able to help with the same cards in those languages.

Why would you want to know about text differences on Introductory Two Player Sets? The cards are easily identified as unique due to their copyright (except Japanese ones).

Tav

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 pm

cataclysm80 wrote: Why would you want to know about text differences on Introductory Two Player Sets? The cards are easily identified as unique due to their copyright (except Japanese ones).

Tav
Hi Tav

I have All the Introductory Two Player sets, but no any cards in all the languages to compare them. I could easily let that subsection with the simple 1996 Date, but I think it will be a plus to provide all the info about them, like it was done for the English version:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/151-rar ... glish.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Members

I dig up that old topic that unfortunately was never completed. Any German Member willing to follow the path of Hans, so I can add the info.
mmgun wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Members

While looking for something, I dig up that old topic that unfortunately was never completed. Any German Member willing to follow the path of Hans, so I can add the info [-o<
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ts&start=0
Is this about about your 6 still unanswered questions ?
I thought we agreed already, that those do not exist, even if some members claim to have seen at least the skeleton...
dragsamou wrote:
mmgun wrote:

While looking for something, I dig up that old topic that unfortunately was never completed. Any German Member willing to follow the path of Hans, so I can add the info [-o<
I thought we agreed already, that those do not exist, even if some members claim to have seen at least the skeleton...
Hi

This is out of topic. It's about different Text, Flavor Text, etc...Of German 2 Player Introductory Set.
mmgun wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
mmgun wrote:

Hi

This is out of topic. It's about different Text, Flavor Text, etc...Of German 2 Player Introductory Set.
So what info are you looking for ? I still don't get it from the text, sorry.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 pm

mmgun wrote: So what info are you looking for ? I still don't get it from the text, sorry.
I move the posts as it was off topic into the other one. I'm looking for the difference between 4Th Edition German and German Introductory Two Player Set cards, as the English ones have 25 cards out of the 67 with Unique Text, different Flavor text, Text from 5th Edition , etc....I will take care of the French cards, even if I don't own a French 4Th Edition Set. It will be interesting also to compare the Italian, Spanish and Japanese 4Th Edition WB versus the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards in the same languages.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:54 pm

I am most interested in the Japanese WB comparisons, as up until now, I just assumed that the Japanese introductory cards were all WB 4th.