Tenth Edition Alternate Text Foils Cards future Updates

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:36 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:In the index of the 10th Edition alternate text section, the following rarities need correcting:

White
Angelic Wall (has uncommon symbol, should be common)
Serra's Embrace (has rare symbol, should be uncommon)

Blue
Cloud Elemental (has uncommon symbol, should be common)
Robe of Mirrors (has uncommon symbol, should be common)
Rootwater Commando (has uncommon symbol, should be common)

Also, do you intend to make sections for all of the foreign language alternate text cards?
Hi Mark

FIXED. I added some info in the index that they exist in other languages, and an external link, I will add them in the future, but I really don't have time to add 125 cards per languages for now. In Which languages , they exist?
I have some from French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, S-Chinese, Russian so I'm sure Portuguese also exists. Basically, ALOT of cards to add :(

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:57 pm

berkumps wrote: I have some from French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, S-Chinese, Russian so I'm sure Portuguese also exists. Basically, ALOT of cards to add :(
And a lot of scans...900, as I don't own any Alternate Foils 10th Edition except English, and I still miss some. Like I say to be added in a far future, as there's others subsections, that need updates , some for years now. I will add the languages in the index. What about T-Chinese?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote: I have some from French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, S-Chinese, Russian so I'm sure Portuguese also exists. Basically, ALOT of cards to add :(
And a lot of scans...900, as I don't own any Alternate Foils 10th Edition except English, and I still miss some. Like I say to be added in a far future, as there's others subsections, that need updates , some for years now. I will add the languages in the index. What about T-Chinese?
T-Chinese stopped with 8th Ed, and started back up again with M2011, so it skipped over 10th Ed.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:24 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
T-Chinese stopped with 8th Ed, and started back up again with M2011, so it skipped over 10th Ed.
775 scans then, and since you are the one owning those languages....You will be the one in charge. Languages added:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/556-rar ... index.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Alexis;

Actually, my recomendation, because I like the color layout you are using now, would be to do only English until scans of other languages were available.

If you plan to put all languages side by side like the layout of promos a person will have to page through a lot of stuff to get the card they want.

If you keep them by color/land/artifact and then had seperate sections for each language people could look up what they were interested in more quickly. Then if there are languages that we never get we don't have to flip through empty spaces/pages.

Just my way of looking at it (yes, I meant that as a pun).

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Alexis;

Actually, my recomendation, because I like the color layout you are using now, would be to do only English until scans of other languages were available.

If you plan to put all languages side by side like the layout of promos a person will have to page through a lot of stuff to get the card they want.

If you keep them by color/land/artifact and then had seperate sections for each language people could look up what they were interested in more quickly. Then if there are languages that we never get we don't have to flip through empty spaces/pages.

Just my way of looking at it (yes, I meant that as a pun).

Gary
Hi Gary

I really don't have plan to put any extra languages for now, the scans of the Foil English ones are not even there, and I just realize that a Standard version will need to be added also, meaning that for English, we are talking about 250 Scans...1550 scans for all the languages, and to find them of course.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Your call, my friend, but I would not worry about the standard being included.

Why? Time for philosophy, sorry, I see the value of the board in recording and storing the history of Magic: the Gathering. We don't mount all cards ever printed (yet) as we rely on collectors to have common information available in official locations, (i.e. Gatherer.wizards.com). We document the millions of unique things that usually only collectors care about and information that is so detailed that it will be lost to the future if it not preserved in a special place.

I think standard sets of Magic cards should only be added after the game dies and slips into truly a "history only" status and the memory of even the standard cards fades away (something like flintlock guns). Understanding that, at the present rate, We (Alexis and I) may not be around to worry about adding all that stuff........

In 10th Ed. we are preserving the unique text variation that WotC did only once in a standard set. If comparisons are needed, dig out your set of 10th and make them or visit the above site.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Your call, my friend, but I would not worry about the standard being included.

Why? Time for philosophy, sorry, I see the value of the board in recording and storing the history of Magic: the Gathering. We don't mount all cards ever printed (yet) as we rely on collectors to have common information available in official locations, (i.e. Gatherer.wizards.com). We document the millions of unique things that usually only collectors care about and information that is so detailed that it will be lost to the future if it not preserved in a special place.

I think standard sets of Magic cards should only be added after the game dies and slips into truly a "history only" status and the memory of even the standard cards fades away (something like flintlock guns). Understanding that, at the present rate, We (Alexis and I) may not be around to worry about adding all that stuff........

In 10th Ed. we are preserving the unique text variation that WotC did only once in a standard set. If comparisons are needed, dig out your set of 10th and make them or visit the above site.

Gary
Hi Gary

I won't be the one scanning anything, Mark is The Man, since, he has that idea about Alternate Art Foils, I agree with you, I'd rather add the standard English version of the Simplified Chinese Alternate Arts, that I need to add the scans on the website.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:55 pm

I meant to ask.

The variation is mentioned as "booster packs" Does anyone know if the same is true for the foil sets put out by WotC, like for Magic on line?

Gary
Gary Adkison

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

I will have to compile a spreadsheet of the standard and foil versions I have for all languages, as I've been collecting these for some time, and have alot of them (although nowhere near 1550, but probably several hundred).

For example, last night I just scanned all of the regular nonfoil 10th edition cards for Russian.

English is the only language that I have complete, but I do have alot of the French, German, and Spanish foils, and some Chinese, Russian and Japanese. Don't have many Italian, and I think I have zero Portuguese.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:03 pm

berkumps wrote:I will have to compile a spreadsheet of the standard and foil versions I have for all languages, as I've been collecting these for some time, and have alot of them (although nowhere near 1550, but probably several hundred).

For example, last night I just scanned all of the regular nonfoil 10th edition cards for Russian.

English is the only language that I have complete, but I do have alot of the French, German, and Spanish foils, and some Chinese, Russian and Japanese. Don't have many Italian, and I think I have zero Portuguese.
Hi Mark

Did you scan the 125 Tenth Edition Alternate Text Foils Cards in English (230 X320), that would be great, so Gary, can provide them to me once they have been proceeded? Also, would love to add the 26 Unhinged Alternate Foils Cards...So much to do #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:I will have to compile a spreadsheet of the standard and foil versions I have for all languages, as I've been collecting these for some time, and have alot of them (although nowhere near 1550, but probably several hundred).

Hi Mark

Did you scan the 125 Tenth Edition Alternate Text Foils Cards in English (230 X320), that would be great, so Gary, can provide them to me once they have been proceeded? Also, would love to add the 26 Unhinged Alternate Foils Cards...So much to do #-o
I haven't scanned the English 10th foils, but certainly can, since I have them all. I also have a complete Unhinged foil set, so can scan the 26 unhinged alternate foil cards.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:

Hi Mark

I haven't scanned the English 10th foils, but certainly can, since I have them all. I also have a complete Unhinged foil set, so can scan the 26 unhinged alternate foil cards.
And now comments that belong to the Missing Info and Scans section of the forum are in Box of Problems and Bugs...Let me move that :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.