Print variations in chinese 4th BB Uncommons

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I should also mention that my Brass Man, Goblin Balloon Brigade, Killer Bees, and Osai Vultures artist proofs are all the misprint versions (I also have a non-misprinted version of Killer Bees artist proof). I don't have artist proofs of the other versions yet, so can't say, but I assume misprinted versions of them also exist.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Re: Print variations in chinese 4th BB Uncommons

Post by cataclysm80 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:11 am

I was just recalling a conversation I had with the owner of some Portuguese 4th uncut sheets.
Portuguese 4th apparently has a few less cards than English 4th. After looking at his sheets, he confirmed that they have extra copies of 3 other cards to fill the space on the sheet.

Then I noticed that Chinese & Korean 4th (the Shepard Poorman printed sets) have 8 less cards than English 4th.
I suppose that it's possible those 8 cards were replaced by copies of 8 other cards.
Then I remembered this thread. I wonder if some of the card variations we see here could be 2 different copies of the same card on the sheet.

Tav

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Well we have 8 cards missing in chinese 4th -> but they are not all uncommons ?

Blessing R
Blood Lust C
Fire Elemental UC
Gaseous Form C
Lost Soul C
Primal Clay R
Shanodin Dryads C
Tempest Efreet R

We have for sure exactly 8 print variations ,but they are all uncommons.

Killer Bees
Osai Vulture
Brass Man
Wall of Air
Cave People
Uthden Troll
Goblin Balloon Brigade
Carrion Ants

So it might be possible, they filled the free spots with exactly those cards.

However, this would imply, one could find these cards in common or rare slots, which would probably had been mentioned before.
I doubt , they were able to sort out those cards before packing.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:09 am

I would think that having Artist Proofs of both variants (Killer Bees) is a good indicator of both variants being on the same sheet.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Artist Proofs are made with the first print run.

If the variant was caused by something like a later correction or second print run, then I don't think they would bother with printing additional Artist Proofs.

Tav