crystalline sliver clarifications

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

crystalline sliver clarifications

Post by TerraFrost » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:14 am

According to a wizards.com article entitled Crystalline Sliver Giveaway Crystalline Sliver's were originally intended for FNM release but were stolen. When they were re-obtained they were given out for the 2008 Grand Prix series.

magiclibrarities.net's Friday Night Magic Promos page states the following:
In 2003, the prize card for March, a foil Crystalline Sliver, was unexpectedly skipped, allegedly because it has been stolen. As an intermediary solution, upcoming prize cards were moved up one month ahead of schedule, but since the new card layout was not supposed to debut before the release of Eighth Edition, the foil alternate art Disenchant was eventually released in July 2003 to fill the gap.
So I guess the FNM page kinda mentions this but it seems like a hyperlink to the wizards.com link might be useful. It also seems like it might be worthwhile to mention the fact that Crystalline Sliver's, although intended for FNM release, weren't ever actually released as part of an FNM.

It also seems like the magiclibrarities.net Grand Prix Cards page ought to mention Crystalline Sliver?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: crystalline sliver clarifications

Post by dragsamou » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:31 am

TerraFrost wrote:According to a wizards.com article entitled Crystalline Sliver Giveaway Crystalline Sliver's were originally intended for FNM release but were stolen. When they were re-obtained they were given out for the 2008 Grand Prix series.

magiclibrarities.net's Friday Night Magic Promos page states the following:
In 2003, the prize card for March, a foil Crystalline Sliver, was unexpectedly skipped, allegedly because it has been stolen. As an intermediary solution, upcoming prize cards were moved up one month ahead of schedule, but since the new card layout was not supposed to debut before the release of Eighth Edition, the foil alternate art Disenchant was eventually released in July 2003 to fill the gap.
So I guess the FNM page kinda mentions this but it seems like a hyperlink to the wizards.com link might be useful. It also seems like it might be worthwhile to mention the fact that Crystalline Sliver's, although intended for FNM release, weren't ever actually released as part of an FNM.

It also seems like the magiclibrarities.net Grand Prix Cards page ought to mention Crystalline Sliver?
Hi

Just added the external link on the FNM index, the Grand Prix situation is already mentioned in the info of that card.
Summer Series Grand Prix events participation bonus 2008-06 to 08
Creating a Magic Online account or filling out a survey on site at PAX East
2010-03-26

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/72-rari ... index.html

And I added an Internal link about FNM 2003 as well as an External Link in the Grand Prix Index.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/73-rari ... index.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.