Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Mysticaly Tutoring for your web appearances

Post by pickle.69 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 am

grown for a wish of our dear member Gary
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=7463

I would like to collect links to MTG collectors that not only assembled a fantastic collection but also used some time to share the efforts with us and made it accessible in the web. As the request here is my small Shivan Retirement home:

pickle.69 Shivan Dragon Global Set

AbsolutAlphas Fungusaur Global Set
Last edited by pickle.69 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh man, I need to make a webpage for my Giant Growths.
I only have like 61% I think, but still!

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I would like to post all my Signed The Dark and Fallen Empire cards collection (I miss 2 from The Dark and 20 from Fallen Empire) on a website.
Who wants to help me :-P

:wink:

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 pm

There are moments where I consider having my Melissa Benson Collection as a Global set, and then I have moments where I think I'd have to marry Bill Gates in order to afford to.

VERY nice Shivan collection!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 am

yawg07 wrote:Oh man, I need to make a webpage for my Giant Growths.
I only have like 61% I think, but still!
The thing of it is, if you wait till you have a collection as near complete as this Shivan set is we will miss all the great "moments" when you land something you have really been looking for.

My problem is that I don't have a speciality. No one wants to see a picture of all my 3-ring binders.... LOL.

I have toyed with the idea of a Glenn Angus collection (globel?) as it would be a very personal thing, having known him at least a little and my desire to do a display has given me a good start.

The other thing I might try is a promo collection. Problem is that my approach to organizing promos is so different than magiclibrarities that it might just cause confusion.

In any case, does anyone know of any good "starter" packages for building web pages? I have seen some advedrtized but have no way of knowing their pros and cons. My ISP (Comcast.net) has a place I can do such but I don't know if it will be big enough or if I can put up with them forever.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Gary

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: In any case, does anyone know of any good "starter" packages for building web pages? I have seen some advedrtized but have no way of knowing their pros and cons. My ISP (Comcast.net) has a place I can do such but I don't know if it will be big enough or if I can put up with them forever.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Gary
Same with me, I might be really encouraged to share some of my misprint-projects if I could find a free (or cheap) and very-easy-to-use tool to build a good-looking page.

Of course I could Google for some, but I was wondering whether any of you could share an already tested positive experience with us.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 am

ende73 wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:
Of course I could Google for some, but I was wondering whether any of you could share an already tested positive experience with us.
or just use google....

they have free hosting, no ads.

at the top click where it says more, then click on sites... go from there.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Well, I tried Google.

Here is most of the story.

There were a BUNCH of offers to help one build a web site--obviously all connected to money. I have no way of evaluating any of these but I did notice that one of them was by a company called Intuet which produces the famous "Quicken" accounting software. I chose it with the rationale that there would be less chance of a rip-off or malware by going to their site.

I jumped right in and registered the URL I wanted when I found that it was available (you guessed it "www.mystical_tutor.com") for $9.99 a year.

They seem to be a very up front, friendly outfit. Part of the registration requires your home phone # and for some reason I resisted the urge to use the fake one I usually put in web sites. So while I was reading my reciept I got a call from them wanting to know what they could do to help me build a really professional site for my business..... I honestly told them I wasn't ready to build yet and just wanted to reserve my URL. The fellow was friendly and NOT high pressure sales. Told me to give them a ring with any questions whenever I was ready. Over a period of 3 days I got 3 emails from them, reciept, pitch on services with links and "welcome to Intuit". All professionally done and not pushy. Havent heard from them again in several days now.

Now I need to find out how to build a web page.

Gary

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:01 am

hah, I didn't mean searching google. Google itself offers web hosting, but what you got seems to have included registering a domain. 10 Bucks is a good deal since I'm assuming it includes some sort of software/tools to build the site, hosting, and you have your own domain. Now you just have to get to the whole site building part, hah.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 am

caquaa wrote:hah, I didn't mean searching google. Google itself offers web hosting, but what you got seems to have included registering a domain. 10 Bucks is a good deal since I'm assuming it includes some sort of software/tools to build the site, hosting, and you have your own domain. Now you just have to get to the whole site building part, hah.
I'm trying to figure out what it does include beside the domain name. At $10 a year I didn't want to take a chance on losing it though. Actually I have NO idea what is involved. My ISP (Comcast) gives me space and a quickie way to put up pictures but that is all I have done. I didn't want to go with them because, quite frankly, I would like to find a less expensive ISP. When I get a more clear picture of what I actually want to put up I'll start talking to them to see what costs are and if there is some basic things I can do without money...

The adventure begins....

Gary

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Global Fungusaur Collection

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Here's my site for my Fungusaurs.

http://fungusaur.xtreemhost.com/

Help me fill the gaps!!! :)
Last edited by AbsolutAlphas on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 am

Image Great!! Especially the Alphas and the Summers!!

Artist proofs destroyed? That's sad Image

simonl6714

Re: Global Fungusaur Collection

Post by simonl6714 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 pm

AbsolutAlphas wrote:Here's my site for my Fungusaurs.

http://fungusaur.co.cc/

Help me fill the gaps!!! :)
I can't see anything :'-(
Prophecy foil sets collector 772/1144
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html
Research any french, italian, chinese foil prophecy avatar and PY misprint and Artist proofs.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Re: Global Fungusaur Collection

Post by berkumps » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm

simonl6714 wrote: I can't see anything :'-(
Me neither.

EDIT: I can see it now, not sure what was wrong. Also, FBB APs destroyed does not excite me and my FBB 4th AP project.
Last edited by berkumps on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:28 pm

looks like he is working on it maybe.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506