Not a collection, just an accumulation

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Not a collection, just an accumulation

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 16, 2014 1:01 pm

I dug out the album to scan a card for Mark and I saw all the other cards I didn't know what to do with, they just got dumped into an album and left.

So I present to you...

Miscuts and misprints I pulled from boosters/starters myself, fortunately only a few.

Stuff they gave away in Magazines (and the Great Dalmuti game) which I thought would become highly collectable...

So am I rich yet?

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri May 16, 2014 1:46 pm

I love the Inquest Minotaur life counter that you have there. It goes to 60 and is great for games of Commander (assuming that you're not on a life gain strategy).

I also like seeing the ad for the new black-backed sleeves from UltraPro. Every younger player that I talk to finds it almost impossible to imagine a time when clear sleeves were the only option.

Even if it's not worth a lot, it's a good view back in time.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Those Dalmuti ad cards are cool!

I'd be interested in some of the non-mtg cards :p

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat May 17, 2014 3:22 am

psrex wrote:...
I also like seeing the ad for the new black-backed sleeves from UltraPro. Every younger player that I talk to finds it almost impossible to imagine a time when clear sleeves were the only option.

Even if it's not worth a lot, it's a good view back in time.
You were lucky, in 1994 when I was playing in the UK we didn't have sleeves to play with at all, the shops just didn't have anything like Magic Cards, no Baseball cards or any Topps cards etc.

It was quite common to see a card shop owner lick his thumb and rub it over a card and "Hey Presto!" a bad looking Icy Manipulator would suddenly become a much cleaner card, a bit of black pen around the edges to fix up the dings and they were as good as new.

At one point I was going to take my good cards into work to get them laminated, fortunately my good cards at the time were lands (you could never get enough) and there was only one laminator in the whole building and you had to get the person who was trained in how to use it to give you the OK to use the laminating roll.

I didn't know them that well.

ivshapiro

Post by ivshapiro » Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Lovely, any of the misprints for sale or trade?

Regards,
Igor

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat May 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Even some of the older players have a hard time remembering all clear sleeves....koff koff..

This motivates me go get out my pile of "little things of interest"

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.