Swamps and Quinton Hoover

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

palaueb
Librarities Member

Swamps and Quinton Hoover

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi all!

this is my first post. I'm not native in english language, but I'll do my best.

I really like this forum, now I need to understand some things about the website but in general I really apreciate all the cards you have.

I start playing MtG in 1995 with the end of revised and the start of 4th edition spanish black border. In 1998 I leave the cards and started a Internet career that keep me for 15 years.

A few months ago a shop opened at my town (yeah, you can trust this? a Magic shop in my little town!!) and I started to take my cards back.

Well, I know this is not the place to explain all this, but what I want to share with you (and of course, take your help) is with my collection of Quinton Hoover cards (not really rearities, but have all MtG cards he did) and my recent collection of swamps.

Later I will post some pictures about the QH arts, but, the swamps one ... uuuhhh... is driving me crazy!! I currently have exactly 701 different swamps (with one summer and the guru yet!) and still counting, at moment I started an instagram to share it with the world, if you want to take a look is here: http://instagram.com/allswamps/.

I hope you like it and thanks for giving me your feedback.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi and welcome

Where are you from if not indiscreet ? Congrats on your Swamps Collection =D>
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm from near Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain).

I can take cards in spanish from here. If you need something and I can help I would be proud of do it.

Here a pic of now, organizing an arribal.

palaueb
Librarities Member

My Quinton Hoover tribute

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

This is what I can do to maintain the soul of the person that makes me love art. When I was 13, see for first time the regeneration illustration, love it inmediatelly and of course, it opens me the door to artists like A. Mucha.

I really don't know if anyone in this forum was so shocket as me by this illustrator, but I will like to know.

And now, the poor photos of my beloved collection:

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: My Quinton Hoover tribute

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

palaueb wrote: I really don't know if anyone in this forum was so shocket as me by this illustrator, but I will like to know.
Shocked in which way ? A bunch of us on this forum love Quinton Hoover Art...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:23 pm

maybe for my youngesty, maybe by don't know why, I got really impressed with that paint. I was 13, and since then I really love what this man do.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 pm

palaueb wrote:maybe for my youngesty, maybe by don't know why, I got really impressed with that paint. I was 13, and since then I really love what this man do.
Do you own every card that Quinton did? Collecting All languages or just one or more?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:18 pm

I have a list with all his artwork throught games and years. Of course I have not proposal. At moment I'm happy with yhe current status, but some day (when finish the swamp project) maybe try to take all languages.

If I can, I preffer to take all illustrations for the rest of the games, lord of five rings, first era card game lotr, jihad, rage, etc).

Is here people with big Q.H. collections?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm

palaueb wrote:I have a list with all his artwork throught games and years. Of course I have not proposal. At moment I'm happy with yhe current status, but some day (when finish the swamp project) maybe try to take all languages.

If I can, I preffer to take all illustrations for the rest of the games, lord of five rings, first era card game lotr, jihad, rage, etc).

Is here people with big Q.H. collections?
If ever Mister Garfield, accepts that I can put Proposal on this website, you will be able to see it :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 pm

I have a little proxy on the computer, from magiccards.info. I really don't know if it's it, because it's far away from the art Quinton does at this time for MtG and other WotC games. (http://magiccards.info/query?q=proposal&v=card&s=cname)

It will be very very very nice to me to have a quality print of that card.

Then, what I do is to take an old fashioned one (from english legends, english dark ...) and an 'new' one (from italian sets or fourth ed.) because the looks different, the tones and the printing is different. Legends in english is printed very poor, and in italian have a very good looking (I really love how the old one looks, but to look the art is better a best print).

One that I tried to buy and finally can't take is a Vesuvan from german revised set, the color is BEATIFULL!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm

palaueb wrote:I have a little proxy on the computer, from magiccards.info. I really don't know if it's it, because it's far away from the art Quinton does at this time for MtG and other WotC games. (http://magiccards.info/query?q=proposal&v=card&s=cname)
This is one of the Fake Proposal :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:07 am

palaueb wrote:Is here people with big Q.H. collections?
I have a Vesuvan Doppelganger global collection. All that I am missing from that collection is the Summer Magic version.

If there are some Vesuvans you want and don't mind played quality copies, I have a few extras I could send your way in return for a few Spanish cards I am missing. LMK.

Clay

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:23 am

Hi palaueb,

If anytime you want to add more of Quinton Hoovers TCG artworks to your collection - don't forget his great XXXenophile work!

Not sure, but it should be 9 these cards:

Boolatraaca
Cult of the Jade Nipple
Klipshack Dragonspawn
Meedrax Dragonget
Nuclear Powered Vibrator
Okaraska
Pan
Shango, God of Thunder
Xynotree

Few of them I could have twice.

Good luck with your collection!

=D>

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:37 am

One of my joys in collecting card games from the 90's is looking at the artwork by artists such as Quinton Hoover across all the different games. Even to this day, when I'm sorting a big stack of cards from a dead ccg (like Doomtown for example), I find myself saying "I didn't know they did artwork for this game"!

Thankfully none of my favorite artists did work on the Banemaster CCG. It would have ended their careers prematurely!