Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

BreakingRalter
Librarities Member

tokens, Artist Proofs, and more

Post by BreakingRalter » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Updated 4/29/15!

rk Post

Tokens - Soooo many. Not up-to-date. About 20+ I need to get...

Stickers

Signed and altered regular cards - Morphling, Torchling, and Avatar of Woe are my favorites. These were done at different events over the course of the years and its cool to see the evolution of his signature and alter style.

Steve Argyle

Tokens - The first 4 images are deck backers purchased from ABUGames. Checkout the Steve Argyle supplies section. In the last set of cards the first 6 are from the Ascended Minion Project, Steve's fan-run fanclub. If you have never heard of this then you should definitely check out this tumblr page (http://ascendedminionproject.tumblr.com/). Its a great community and you get a membership card and random goodies. The last 3 more traditional tokens were included in an artist proof purchase directly from Steve.

Artist Proofs - The altered connectors and the charcoal sketch are some of my favorite pieces. The Admonition Angel proof was subject to some debate in regards to the authenticity of the signature as I found it cheap on ebay, but I met Steve and he confirmed it was his (someone brought a pen and was very specific about what they wanted, hence the wonkiness) and then he sketched the back of it for me!

Miscellaneous stuff from the time I got to meet Steve!

Christopher Rush

Tokens - These were all obtained in-person during a signing. The bottom right Dragon is a custom sketch on a blank card. The Germ was a ChannelFireball exclusive.

Artist Proofs - When I found this Archangel proof it was blank. Had to change that.

Aaron Miller

Tokens - Available on his website (http://www.aaronbmiller.com/). Freshly updated.

Artist Proofs - Could not resist splurging on the Ajani.

Alan Pollack

Artist Proofs - The scan does not do justice to the pencil, but they are really awesome sketches.

Amy Weber

Artist Proofs - Love the double connector. The foreign Disenchant was my first proof ever!

Anson Maddocks

Artist Proofs - Altered, but not sketched, Fallen Angel.

Cara Mitten

Artist Proofs - She is unfortunately only credited on one of these pieces as they were collaborations with Anthony S. Waters, but she did receive proofs for them. The Ferocious Charge was sent as a bonus with my order as her bird got a hold of it and took several chunks out. Arguably my collection's most character filled piece.

Chris Rahn

Artist Proofs - Need to get the other two were sketched...

Clint Cearley

Tokens - Awesome tokens from Clint's etsy shop. They come in lots of 4 and he humored my OCD request to not sign one of the sets. Now you get to see the tokens signed and unsigned.

Eric Deschamps

Artist Proofs - 3 really awesome ones here, including Elspeth.

Volkan Baga

Artist Proofs - Beautiful pieces and another Elspeth to boot.

Jeff Miracola

Artist Proofs - This angel is one of my favorite proofs.

John Zeleznik

Artist Proofs - As if these were not enough, he also sent me a sketched thank you card.

Nathalie Hertz
NSFW(nudity): Original Sketch - Several original sketches for her piece Rainbow Efreet were auctioned off for charity recently. I was lucky enough to win this!

Rob Alexander
Artist Proofs - One of my favorite landscapes.

Scott Fischer
Artist Proofs - Scott was one of my favorite artists to talk to. Really awesome person.

Scott Murphy
Artist Proofs - My first foil proof! And shout out to Apathyhouse... Thanks!

Steve Belledin
Artist Proofs - Thanks again Apathyhouse, this was my first sketched proof!

Thomas Baxa
Artist Proofs - Absolutely terrifying monsters, especially the one in acrylic.

Thomas Jedruszek
Artist Proofs - My most recent additions. I really like the way he numbered the more recent ones.

Donato Giancola

Tokens - Not really tokens as they are oversized. Received them when I purchased some artist proofs from his website (http://www.donatoart.com/magic.html). I am not sure if it standard practice for him to throw these in for free as they are available under the prints tab for $5.

Richard Kane Ferguson
Alters

Douglas Shuler
Alters

Lucas Graciano
Artist Proofs

Jason Engle
Tokens

The Gathering

Sketch Cards - Sketch cards from The Gathering kickstarter.

Non-artist Tokens - stores, community members, random

StarCity Games - Creatures came from online purchases and players came from SCG events. Only exception is Tom Ross, came in the mail during January. I have a few duplicates of the creature collection and noticed that it is possible for duplicate tokens to have different backs: Fronts and Backs.

ChannelFireball - Last two are foil, rest are not. Picked the nonfoils up for free at GPs and the foils came from orders made on their website. It is unfortunately possible to receive nonfoils with your order.

Brainstorm Brewery - Available here (http://brainstormbrewery.com/store/). Note that the Kraken is done by rk Post!

Crazy Clowns
-Italian Fakes

One Mad Fish - These were obtained from this ebay store (http://stores.ebay.com/onemadfishtokens/). The quality is solid and I liked the art on these particular ones.

Saito Tokens - These can be found here (http://www.saitocardshop.com/product-list/125). Missing a few. Someone else uploaded frontal scans of some of these and there are some noticeable differences between those and a few of mine.

c3tokens - Available here (http://cullencox.com/c3tokens.php). These are custom done by a community organizer. Plenty more there than what I have.

The Discard Pile - Can be found here (http://www.thediscardpile.com/store/184 ... ure-tokens) or on ebay. Note that there are two versions; those with a border and those without. I only have a full set of bordered cards and only one example of the borderless.

Face to Face Games - These are given out for free at their dealer tables at major events. Can also be found here (http://www.facetofacegames.com/products ... ?query=sal).

Custom sketched tokens on fillers - From ebay.

Kirwan's Game Store Tokens - Similar in concept to TCG player points, these can be redeemed at the shop for tournament entry. Art done by Rip Van Wagoner.

Card Place RU tokens and lands

Mystic Shop Tokens - Very awesome European foil tokens. The scans do not do the foiling process justice.

Misprints
Random assortment of misprints

Random Stuff
Sketched Filler - Anthony Palumbo/David Martin
Last edited by BreakingRalter on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:44 am

Hey BreakingRalter,

Incredible stuff... that's my kind of MtG collection!!

Thanks for sharing. =D> =D> =D>

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

BreakingRalter
Librarities Member

Post by BreakingRalter » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:13 am

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi,
because I am actualy on "to do" list for admin of this site, I display my tokens here:

Tokensformtg.com - Originaly made in regular form for czech store MysticShop.cz, but because they became very popular in Europe, foil version were "spread" to almost every country. There are 27 +1 bonus token right now (http://tokensformtg.com/).
Tokensformtg.com - Best custom manga foil tokens ever!

BreakingRalter
Librarities Member

Post by BreakingRalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I have seen these floating around on ebay and definitely need a set! It does not look like the sites you listed ship to the US unforunately, but mystic.cz's ebay shop will. Looks like they only have 23 of the 28 available though.

Raptor

Post by Raptor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:32 pm

BreakingRalter wrote:I have seen these floating around on ebay and definitely need a set! It does not look like the sites you listed ship to the US unforunately, but mystic.cz's ebay shop will. Looks like they only have 23 of the 28 available though.
MysticShop.cz is czech store who ship only to czech and slovakia. But if you check pages tokensformtg.com, there are several stores in europe you can use, or if you are familiar with Magiccardmarket.eu, you can use this market too. Ebay is just for overseas and it is really weird platform, because there is limit for items you can list every month. So it is very difficult to list all items in more that 2-3 copies. There are 27 "common" tokens right now and bonus Rat token will be available during March thought "WPN kit" as you can see there:

http://tokensformtg.com/news/detail/fif ... ore?page=1

Those promo token will be possible to get only in stores who ordered this kit or from players who won them here.
Tokensformtg.com - Best custom manga foil tokens ever!

BreakingRalter
Librarities Member

Post by BreakingRalter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Ah I gotcha, found a few that ship to the US. Awesome, thanks for the info!

BreakingRalter
Librarities Member

Post by BreakingRalter » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Really big update here. Great new tokens (including those Raptor mentions which I love). I also want to share a quick story related to the updates in the Steve Argyle section. As I mentioned I have the pleasure of being a member of his fan club (The Ascended Minion Project). This past weekend I attended an event organized by the community's leader, Justin. I got to meet Steve for the first time and had an absolute blast. One of the coolest most personal magic experience I have had to date. Here are some awesome pics:
-Minion card
-Steve signed: Magic // non-Magic (NSFW as one has nudity)
-Signed by Steve and Kat Oertli, the model for these two cards amongst others
-Custom sketched token and other tokens
-Admonition Angel proof, now sketched!
-This NFC miscut...
-More Steve deck-backers (aka "Binder Candy")
-Me and Steve with an uncut sheet of L5R cards signed 21 times by Steve. This was gifted to me by Justin!

Very awesome time, well anyway here is some more new stuff, hope you enjoy.

Updated:
StarCity Games - Dylan Donegan token added.
rk Post signed/altered -Voice of All added.
The Discard Pile - Borderless versions added.

New:
Richard Kane Ferguson Alters
Random assortment of misprints - Minor ones
Douglas Shuler Alters
Sketched Filler - Anthony Palumbo/David Martin
Lucas Graciano Artist Proofs
Jason Engle Tokens
Custom sketched tokens on fillers - From ebay.
Kirwan's Game Store Tokens
Card Place RU tokens and lands
Mystic Shop Tokens
Crazy Clowns - Italian Fakes