All you guys who have "everything"...what's left o

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Worth
Librarities Legend

All you guys who have "everything"...what's left o

Post by Worth » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:56 am

Hey all,

Looking through some of the cool posts and items here got me to thinking...I've worked at WotC coming up on 8 years now, and I have some pretty neat stuff...but some of the more rare stuff here blows me away. :)

You guys like drags/ende/pickle/kitka etc etc etc...you high end guys with all the money :) I have a query...

Either what's left on the list, or what are some of your priciest and/or most cherished pieces?

ende's buylist is what got me thinking...

Everyone feel free to post their proudest piece, but I'm really more interested in what people DONT have, that they still want!

And plus, you guys show me yours I might show you mine. (or some of it, anyways) :)

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 pm

the connecting piece of my miscut (vertically) revised Birds of Paradise
missing a bit of the artist name on the bottom, Magical Hack on top

or

summer revised birds
Last edited by AzureWinter on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm still looking for a Throat Wolf

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Re: All you guys who have "everything"...what's le

Post by pickle.69 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Worth wrote: You guys like drags/ende/pickle/kitka etc etc etc...you high end guys with all the money :) I have a query...

ME a high end guy?? well I sadly normally have to sell away a lot of the stuff and just get to keep a few that i like a lot. I have to much I am actually looking for with funds being limited.

My Faves at the moment:
Shivans especially the Unlimited test print, Alpha playtest and offcorse the expensive one.
I also like a lot the Extend art ones I got as gifts once for the gift exchange and once from friends for my B day.
Super cool are the both the Complete 9 pieces puzzles of the Lotus and the Orb, when I saw the first "set" in the beginning's of my magic time I said: "One day I want these completed, one day"!

"I have seen a few of these, but everybody has a non completed set, know body has a completed set!" Is the reaction when people go trough my trade binder and see the incomplete I have on the last side :), but mostly I just go, well yeah they are hard to find :)

Alpha Corned Volcanic Island.

I do like a lot: with no particular order
Alpha/beta/unl DDTs , my summer stuff, The Alpha Playtest Land set, the black ink smeared alphas, the from china fake Foil swamp that is trying to bendtest itself, My fillers, the last two double sided Ishan shades..... and many more, basicly every card I own.

Things I am missing/would like to get/own:
Most of all things I don't know about yet!!!

I am still missing the Metal Shivan I was outbid at the time. But I know it is in good hands, and it will find its way. and the other shivans things especial weird and misprinted ones, basically my want list.

Summer Hurricane, this is one of my biggest dream. own one of magics biggest Myth will be one of my next Project, that I am found raising for at the moment.

One of my smaller projects at the moment is to find non english foil high end cards, you can buy Japanese foils on every corner you just need the money. but to find spanish itlaian germany ones, its a pain in the ass and thats things I like to do. I like a lot to find hard to find stuff for other people. but I am not in a hurry I normaly dont like foils to much. but well some are super scarse!!!
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:39 pm

I just collect the art now... I have something seriously amazing incoming :wink:

I'd like to get some of those style guides that the artists get. Do you have any of those Worth? I'm unsure how rare they really are but I have yet to find an artist willing to part with one... It's too bad that they aren't all put together and published in some book form. That would be really cool having all the concept art together in a big book. That Tempest art book failed (I guess) but a book with lots more stuff might do better.

Note: The Tempest book failed in a different time period as well... The collecting community in seemingly larger to some degree now I think. I also think a specialized book like that could be marketed better now with the internet and whatnot.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:43 am

I've always liked Magic related oddities, especially when there are stories attached to them.

One of my favorite items is my Resaurus prototype of Orgg. Resuarus was licensed to produce a series of large plastic figurines, on the scale of the originals like Shivan Dragon, Hurloon Minataur, Serra Angel, etc. They showed the prototypes at Gencom (1998?) and were finalizing production details when Hasbro bought out Wizards. Since Hasbro and Resaurus were competitors the contract was killed, and helped push Resaurus towards its eventual collapse. I was lucky enough to get the Orgg figurine that went to Gencom, and would love to find the rest of the series.

I also have a sack of the gold and silver colored coins from the original WOC store. Probably not much value, but the coins are a reminder of the days when Magic was a complete obsession.

I have a gorgeous poster from the NY tournament/show associated with the release of Homelands. It came with a series of token-like cards that were timed admissions. The poster is a limited edition lithograph on a high quality parchment paper, and is as stunning framed as most original Magic artwork.

I certainly have more expensive items, including more mainstream items, in my collection. But few convey the flavor of the time like the ones above. Sadly, most of my current want list has pretty obscure items, so additions come at a snails pace.

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Post by Magik321 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:20 am

Possibly a Summer Hurricane for me. Wnated to get one years back and never gotten it. I bought a lotus instead.

Short term goal is to finish up my infernal contract global set, and firstly the 5 foils I'm needing of which the Japanese foil needs an upgrade. I'll like to just own 1 alpha playtest card for sole collection purposes too.

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 am

I'm looking for more playtest cards in order to make a fourth deck... I'm hoping to get enough variety/ different cards to have most of the alpha set's playtest version as well.

Also, I am hoping to get in contact with some people directly involved with the pre-alpha playtesting to help me fill in the gaps as far as writing about the history & evolution of the playtesting before Alpha.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Original Art

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:59 am

The thing I really would need is the original art of Force of Will :-D
Chris

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm

I have a pretty assorted misprint collection now (I showed it off personally to Gary_Getty lately... don't get many chances here because Italians usually couldn't care less about these cards).

What I totally miss is Summer Magic (just own a few commons) and, like many others here, I'd really like a Blue Hurricane now (Wow, I thought it had become sort of un-trendy but look here!).

Also, I'm looking for a Splendid Genesis lately.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Enrico - ende73- has a wonderful misprint collection, i've seen it and i can tell there are incredible pieces ... :-O

I'm a "normal" collector :

I collect complete sets, in particular foil sets and bizarre foreign sets :-)
I'm now looking for something to complete my "playset of sets" ...

I collect also every promos, but i still lack some cards.

My actual wish is a complete 6x9 card set ...

My impossible dream is Alpha AND Beta Complete Sets, because i haven't enough money (not even for one) ! :-)

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:23 pm

I have a six by six sheet of chinese Weatherlight I like a lot, because it has Gemstone Mine on it. One of my favorite lands. Meek, I know.

Please don't laugh at me for this, but I've been trying to get the iron-on mana symbol patches. I like them SO much. I wanted to collect them, but sadly I only own one. Some say they're easy to get but nobody ever has them.

Oh well. One day maybe.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Misprints

Post by equi-nox76 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Gary_a_Getty wrote:Enrico - ende73- has a wonderful misprint collection, i've seen it and i can tell there are incredible pieces ... :-O
We would like to see it too when we're ever in Rome :-P :dance:

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:56 pm

I am collecting all MTG cards in every language foil/non foil, that is roughly more than 170 000 cards now.

What I am missing is mostly Foil sets now, in Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. Don't know if I will ever get them.

magicdude

Post by magicdude » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I am collecting all MTG cards in every language foil/non foil, that is roughly more than 170 000 cards now.

What I am missing is mostly Foil sets now, in Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. Don't know if I will ever get them.
:-O :-# =D>
I'm already having a very hard time collecting all Non-Foil Commons in every language!
I can't imagine the financial and logistic problems this must give you (e.g. all Onslaught fetchlands foil/non-foil in every language, all revised duals in several languages, all Ravnica shocklands foil/non-foil in every language, Imperial Seal & Zodiac Dragon in 4 languages, etc., etc., etc.).
Again: RESPECT!

P.S.
In case you have any non-foil commons left over: I'm probably interested (especially Portuguese post-4th, Korean post-5th, Spanish post-4th, every other language post-Mirrodin (except 10th)).