Refrigerator Magnets?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Refrigerator Magnets?

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 am

tried to find some of these in our data base but failed. They are probably there and I just can't follow the logic of the index well enough to find them.

Picked these up in a store and am wondering about their origin and reason for being. I assume there were 5 of each set in the Ravnica block.

They are regular "refrigerator magnet" stock, flexible with magnetic backs.

Any information would be appreciated.

Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:15 am

I believe stores received them as promotional items. I think they came sealed in plastic (don't remember how much in each pack, but I think Rav/Gpt/Dis were separate packs). There are 10 magnets in total, 1 for each guild.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

berkumps wrote:I believe stores received them as promotional items. I think they came sealed in plastic (don't remember how much in each pack, but I think Rav/Gpt/Dis were separate packs). There are 10 magnets in total, 1 for each guild.
Thanks much. That means if I want a set I still need 5 more. Never saw them before though so doubt that I'll run into any.

Gary

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
berkumps wrote:I believe stores received them as promotional items. I think they came sealed in plastic (don't remember how much in each pack, but I think Rav/Gpt/Dis were separate packs). There are 10 magnets in total, 1 for each guild.
Thanks much. That means if I want a set I still need 5 more. Never saw them before though so doubt that I'll run into any.

Gary
I'll have to check my house because I used to have a few of those magnets. If I can find them I'll let you know. I'm in FoCo so it shouldn't be difficult to schedule a meetup.

Travis

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am

mystical_tutor wrote:

Gary
I have a whole whack of the magnets lying around somewhere, some might even still be sealed, I'll check and let you know.

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 pm

They were given to stores for release tournies. The ones I saw were not sealed when they came in the kit.

I have Golgari, Selesnya and Boros if anyone is interested

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 am

I have done high quality scans of all ten magnets some month before. If Alexis wishes to add a section, I can provide the scans.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I have done high quality scans of all ten magnets some month before. If Alexis wishes to add a section, I can provide the scans.
It would be nice to have them in the Librarities but I can understand if there are other projects with much higher priorities.... like all these dual decks and new formats that have come out this year.... shish... I hope Alexis and Hans don't get burned out.

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks, Gary, but the problem isn't to do the scans. It is much harder and time consuming to get all the cards in all the necessary languages (especially the t/t's and all the promo cards).