Portal 3-Kingoms info needed

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Portal 3-Kingoms info needed

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 am

My memory has deserted me again.

I plan to put up a Japanese booster box of P3K on "you know where" but I can not read Japanese and can not remember how the boosters are packaged. The only numbers I can read on the end of the box are 60 and 10 which could indicate 60 boosters of 10 cards each (600 cards).

Anyone know if that is right? Hate to guess and have someone call me on it. If it isn't, does anyone know the correct packaging?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm pretty sure it's 60 packs of 10 cards each, yes.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:I'm pretty sure it's 60 packs of 10 cards each, yes.
Thanks, I'll go with that.

Gary

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 am

If I can find time to dig out one of my sealed english booster boxes I will confirm. But yes I too recall it being 60 packs - 10 cards per pack.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 am

Hayden wrote:If I can find time to dig out one of my sealed english booster boxes I will confirm. But yes I too recall it being 60 packs - 10 cards per pack.
Hay man, don't waste your time on it. I'll go with the 60/10. Can't think of any other reason those numbers would be on the box if that wasn't what it is for.

Thanks much and Merry Christmas

Gary

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:55 am

As they've said - It's 60/10. Packs are 2 basic lands, 1 rare, 2 uncs, and 5 commons, I believe.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 pm

I can confirm everything posted above. I've opened a box of packs, and opened two more boxes to sell packs.

If this hasn't sold yet, auctions for 1-3 packs will get you a much higher price than one auction for a box.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm

gzeiger wrote:I can confirm everything posted above. I've opened a box of packs, and opened two more boxes to sell packs.

If this hasn't sold yet, auctions for 1-3 packs will get you a much higher price than one auction for a box.
That is really interesting and I greatly appreciate it. I have a Chinese box also and may well do that when I have a chance in a couple months (leaving country for awhile).

Thanks much.

Gary

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:34 am

Only somewhat on topic, the S-Chinese box I opened contained a most unusual filler card - blank on both sides (took the place of a land, so presumably came from the land sheet, but not sure why no back). Not really worth anything since I can't even prove it's a Magic card, but definitely the coolest thing I've ever opened.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:23 am

I have found that there are some things I just don't care if anyone believes it or not--I know. Kinda like my playtest cards I got from my son. I know they are real, If someone doubts it, it matters not. LOL and will only matter to whoever has to manage my estate when I no longer am able to care....
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.