Set of 40x BB Duals - $8k and $12k on eBay

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Set of 40x BB Duals - $8k and $12k on eBay

Post by BadMagic » Sat May 14, 2011 1:57 am

- Set of 40x BB Duals - $8k and $12k on eBay -

I saw these a month or so ago on eBay while perusing the 'Highest Price, Sorted First' feature looking at some of the craziness that exists out there...

When I stumbled across these two listings, it spurred my attention -

The $12k package included 40x NM BB Foreign Revised + playsets lots of pain lands, sac-lands, etc which numbered another 40-80 rare lands total...

The $8k package was just the 40x NM-/EX+ BB Foreign Revised lands...

Does anyone know if these sold? I'm thinking to start building a house and selling my 80% autographed BB playset would help get things in motion :)

Thanks in advance!
Tony

PS - I've got lots of very rare Artist Proofs, Signed Cards and Promos available if anyone wants to help the build :)

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Sat May 14, 2011 2:19 am

i do not know whether the packages sold or not but the prices seem some kind of reasonable depending on the languages the cards had.
legacy is booming, duals lands have a very high demand and german is the most popular language out of the 3 existing ones.

i am pretty sure you should take the time to make a list of every available card if you intend to sell them off :wink:

does it happen that you got any fbb plateaus signed ?

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Post by BadMagic » Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 am

NeRo wrote:i do not know whether the packages sold or not but the prices seem some kind of reasonable depending on the languages the cards had.
legacy is booming, duals lands have a very high demand and german is the most popular language out of the 3 existing ones.

i am pretty sure you should take the time to make a list of every available card if you intend to sell them off :wink:

does it happen that you got any fbb plateaus signed ?
Thanks NeRo - That helps!

Unfortunately, I haven't met Drew in my travels... but do have the 16x Jespers and 16x Robs autographed. I've 'missed' Brian by a year at cons... which is the closest to him I've been able to get the Volcanic's signed... perhaps one day before they sell!

I'll have to inspect the languages, but good to know the Germans are more desirable. I know I've got a few!

I've started to assemble a list of signed OOPs to start... but 4000-5000 autographs across Alpha -> M11 takes time :)

For the high-notes: I've got a complete 75-ct Middle Ages Set [Fresh unstuck stickers], Garfield card with invitation, uncut sheets, Original art/sketches, 6500 unique Artist Proofs, 85% complete set of Pre-con decks, and mucho regular cardboard :)

Thanks again for the info - I welcome any more insight!
Tony

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 am

BadMagic wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't met Drew in my travels...
the revised plateau artwork is actually by cornelius brudi ;)

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Post by BadMagic » Sat May 14, 2011 2:19 pm

NeRo wrote:
BadMagic wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't met Drew in my travels...
the revised plateau artwork is actually by cornelius brudi ;)
You're very right! Silly me, forgot they lost Drew's original art and had Mr Brudi stand-in with new art until you said that...

Never met Drew, nor Cornelius unfortunately :)

Tony

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 pm

8k and 12k both seem way too high. My guess on a set of FBB is 6-6.5k. 8k is an average of $200 each, and I don't really see any of the nonblue that high, and the only blue ones that are higher than that are Seas.

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Set of 40x BB Duals

Post by BadMagic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 am

Well - The last set sold confirmed for $10k on eBay, were in worse condition and unsigned... fingers-crossed I'll make enough to pour the slab on my house! :)

Also parting with 4x Signed Mana Drains (2-IT), 4x Signed Eurekas (1-IT), 4x Signed Force of Wills, 4x Signed Mishra's Factories, 2x Signed Beta Masks, 2x Diamond Valleys and other odds/ends. Might get slab and framing if I'm lucky!

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Re: Set of 40x BB Duals

Post by berkumps » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:39 pm

BadMagic wrote:.
... fingers-crossed I'll make enough to pour the slab on my house! :)

... Might get slab and framing if I'm lucky![/img]
So you will, in essence, be building a house of cards?

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Re: Set of 40x BB Duals

Post by BadMagic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm

berkumps wrote:
BadMagic wrote:.
... fingers-crossed I'll make enough to pour the slab on my house! :)

... Might get slab and framing if I'm lucky![/img]
So you will, in essence, be building a house of cards?
LOL - I like it!

I'll have to put a few mana symbols in the concrete out of respect... will confuse the construction crew thinking I'm a pagan worshipper or something... I'll correct them with "I'm a Wizard of the Coast and can cast Spells of the Ancients"' haha!

Thanks Mark - Made my day!
T