Terror Japanese 4th WB

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Post Reply
User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Terror Japanese 4th WB

Post by effai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:43 pm

I just bought on ebay a japanese WB terror that was presented as japanese 4th WB.
Strange thing is, the copyright is 1996. I've checked here on the set description and it says japanese WB is 1995, so is japanese Introductory 2PS.
Could someone help me define the edition of this card ?
Thanks.

User avatar
l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:56 am
Location: PA
Contact:

Post by l0qii » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm pretty sure the 2PS is 1996

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm

l0qii wrote:I'm pretty sure the 2PS is 1996
that would be logical, as all the other are 1996. That would mean there's an error on the site.

that means I have 3 japanese 2PS terror for trade :)
Anyone has a true terror japanese 4th WB for sale / trade (as well as a 2PS Italian and/or spanish one) ?

axcel
Librarities Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Post by axcel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 am

My Scryb Sprites (Japanese WB 1996) come from a 4th booster box that Mark personally opened, so I'd say if there's an error on this site, it's in the WB 4th, not in the I2PS - to me it seems more likely somebody just copy-pasted 1995 all way long, rather than put wrong date in just one box.

Bear in mind that according to what's there now, Japanese WB 4th was published *before* BB 4th, which is completely against Wizards policy at that point ("only cards previously printed in BB may be printed in WB" - hence Renaissance).

User avatar
berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by berkumps » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:45 am

axcel wrote:My Scryb Sprites (Japanese WB 1996) come from a 4th booster box that Mark personally opened...
Indeed, every card I opened in my JPN 4th WB booster box has a 1996 copyright date. I was under the impression that cards from the I2PS for Japanese were indistinguishable from normal 4th WB versions?

Seraph2k
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Seraph2k » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Just for reference I checked two wb 4th japanese whelps from my global set. Both are 1996;)
But one question: Why is 4th wb japanese so rare?

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Ok, so that means it's impossible to differentiate them from 2 PS ? Or has anyone ever seen a japanese WB card with a 1995 copyright ?

axcel
Librarities Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Post by axcel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:22 pm

I found a japanese website with some information about Magic sets: http://www.jfkmagic.sakura.ne.jp/

Then, I google-translated "pcd 4E" subsite and as I understand, they say some of these sets are special due to having copyright 1996 instead of 1995, but in case of Japanese, it's just 4th - "What is "rival" but it is not 邦訳 the card being used is limited edition version 4 released (white frame) is". (Yay, google translate!)

Conlusion: Japanese I2PS/Rivals Scryb Sprites removed from my want list.
(I'd like some final confirmation, though... so far it's mostly guessing)

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi
Introductory Two-Player Set Cards Japanese are with the 1996 Date same as the 4th Edition Japanese WB. That's why, they are not on the website.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi
Introductory Two-Player Set Cards Japanese are with the 1996 Date same as the 4th Edition Japanese WB. That's why, they are not on the website.
what I meant is that on this section : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-beginner-sets.html , the japanese 2PS is said to have a 1995-copyright.
If I understood properly what was said here, that should be 1996, no ?

edit : the same thing here : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-fo ... ition.html japanese 4th WB with 1995.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

effai wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi
Introductory Two-Player Set Cards Japanese are with the 1996 Date same as the 4th Edition Japanese WB. That's why, they are not on the website.
what I meant is that on this section : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-beginner-sets.html , the japanese 2PS is said to have a 1995-copyright.
If I understood properly what was said here, that should be 1996, no ?

edit : the same thing here : http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-fo ... ition.html japanese 4th WB with 1995.
Hi Effai
Unfortunately, I can't modify for now that part of the website, as the updates for Magic Rarities are huge, but there's definately a mistake, as the correct Date is 1996 for the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards Japanese and WB 4Th Edition Japanese.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 pm

dragsamou wrote: Hi Effai
Unfortunately, I can't modify for now that part of the website, as the updates for Magic Rarities are huge, but there's definately a mistake, as the correct Date is 1996 for the Introductory Two-Player Set Cards Japanese and WB 4Th Edition Japanese.
I didn't say it because I wanted it to be corrected right away :)
I just wanted to know if I had understood and signal it.
Please go on with your great work on the site, it's awesome =D>
And if I can make something to help you, don't hesitate !

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests