Godpacks

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Godpacks

Post by l0qii » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Id like to start a list of products that have confirmed "godpacks" and what those packs contained. By confirmed I mean you have personally opened, or seen one open yourself. I have personally never seen a god pack opened, so I starting this thread with a blank list.

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:30 pm

If by "Godpack" you mean a booster filled with the wrong quantity of rares, foils and other goodies, I once witnessed the opening of a Alara Reborn box that had 8 rares per pack.

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Gits wrote:If by "Godpack" you mean a booster filled with the wrong quantity of rares, foils and other goodies, I once witnessed the opening of a Alara Reborn box that had 8 rares per pack.
GP Paris 2010 - PTQ
Few players got Zendikar pack with 7-8 Rares/mythic cards.
The HJ decided to give them anothers boosters to play the tournament, but they'd keep the "godpacks" .

They received new boosters and they're 8 rares in them too :-P :-P

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I posted about this once or twice on other Topics, but it's a good idea to collect these all in one place.

I witnessed all-rare English Mirage starters (60 cards) opened back in the day (1995) in Rome, Italy. About 3-4 consecutive ones were opened, then several people (myself included) rushed into the shop to buy some others, which turned out to be absolutely normal of course :-(
Last edited by ende73 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Back in '94 I opened two boxes of Revised starter decks with a friend, each deck was comprised entirely of rares. Unfortunately they were my friends boxes, so I didn't get to keep any of the 1200 cards. I can remember being bummed every time we got a dual land, as we were seeking Wrath's, Armageddon's, Balance, Fork, etc.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 pm

T&T was selling Visions boosters that were all rares a few years back. -They guaranteed they were Godpacks and if opened in the presence of a T&T employee they would refund. They were selling for $100 or thereabouts.
I personally opened boxes of Homelands that were all commons.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:21 pm

I've seen all foil package of Prophecy.

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 pm

I went to my local shop to finish my Onslaught set, so I bought a starter deck just to get a set of the basic lands not found in the boosters. Store owner says I'm wasting my time, he'd be happy to just give me some. I insist it'll be just like buying a few packs.

Open it up, see 5 rares, extras are in place of uncommons, buy a few more, get extras too (anywhere from 5 to 9 in each), buy more. I then tell the owner, open up some in the presence of everyone. Owner pulls all product for the draft that weekend, then three times as many show up for the draft. I then hear stories of how many rares everyone opened, and how they're pissed I got 6 starters like that.

Also witnessed in the same store a box of Revised that had all rares. Wish I had been in on that one.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 pm

I opened a few packs of Mercadian Masks that were all foil :) They all came from the same box.

Worth
Librarities Legend

Post by Worth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 pm

I've had:

A box of beta starters that was all rares in the rares and commons slots (so rares+uncommons in each of the 10 decks)

and

3 boxes of legends that had no uncommons but the slots were replaced with rares.

Pretty lucky ;)

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 pm

God pack i opened my self was at a convinience store in a mall that used to carry chronicles, mirage~urza's saga. The store was renovating so I bought all their boosters and the chronicles had 3 boosters with all rares, mirage with 1, and 2 from exodus.

I dont know if it's considered god pack but my local comic shop opened a mirrodin starter with 2 foil rares, 8 rares. There was no uncommon though.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:10 am

How about a God-Darn pack?

When Homelands came out I was in Korea and my son sent me a box. The top half of the box (remember the little boosters?) had no uncommons (read rare and uncommons) in it. I was bummed. I didn't yet know how little I was missing..... LOL.

Gary

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:59 am

I saw 2 French 4th edition starters that were opened at the local store that were all rares and uncommons. The The commons were replaced by the rares and the uncommons had the correct number.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 am

pp and I had a lot of boosteres from revised that had no rare in it, he opend them all i still have one left and sold a coulpe to some booster collectors.
not realy a "godpack" but still cool I think.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:26 pm

A friend of mine opened a booster of Italian first edition (FBB) and found 15 dual lands. He was so mad at finding lands only that I was more than happy to trade for them.
I still have 6 of them in my Italian first edition collection. :)
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge