1996 World Championship Trophy Pic and Video...

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

1996 World Championship Trophy Pic and Video...

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Members

As, I just add some info in the Unique Cards section:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/353-rar ... index.html

I used to have a pic of Tom Chanpheng holding the trophy, but it get lost with one of my computer. Does anyone have it ?

*It might be in the Guinness Book of World Records 1996 for Tom Chanpheng being the youngest MTG World Champion at that time. The pic,

*I used to have was from a MTG Article about Worlds 1996 with different pics, probably on Wizards.com, but I can't find it anymore.

* It might be in Scrye #14 or 15# issues (August, September 1996)

*It might be in Inquest #16 or 17# issues (August, September 1996)

Does anyone have seen the video or know where I can find it, showing the destruction of every other copy of the card on the one sheet that was printed

As, I would like to add those in that section. Thanks for helping
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 pm

*It might be in the Guinness Book of World Records 1996 for Tom Chanpheng being the youngest MTG World Champion at that time.
Doesn't that seem kind of redundant? In 1996 the game was 3 years old.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 pm

random wrote:
*It might be in the Guinness Book of World Records 1996 for Tom Chanpheng being the youngest MTG World Champion at that time.
Doesn't that seem kind of redundant? In 1996 the game was 3 years old.
Not sure, I understand what you mean, I know 100% that Tom Chanpheng being the youngest MTG World Champion pic is in the Guiness Book of World records, as well as others MTG pics, but I don't own The Guiness book from 1996 (I presume that's this one), so I don't know if a pic of him with the Trophy is in it as well. I want to add that pic, cause people thinking that World Champion Card is just a card are legions, and not knowing that it's a card embedded in Chanpheng's winning trophy. I know a pic exists for sure, but, I don't recall from which Magazines or else, it's in. If no one can help, I will ask Tom directly.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.