Merfolk Mesmerist, and Promos existing in others languages ?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Merfolk Mesmerist, and Promos existing in others languages ?

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi Members

Just received that Spanish scan from Gary. Can Spanish Members let me know where this one was available ? It exists in others languages apparently:
French, German, Italian. Does it exist in Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, S-Chinese, T-Chinese ?

The English one was given at Pax East Boston as a Participation Bonus in 2012
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/686-rar ... ml#card003

Thanks to let me know, where and how it was given for the existing languages, as I need probably to create a New subsection #-o Or I think , I will put them in EVENTS PROMOS in the Play Magic 2009 subsection, that I will modify to PLAY MAGIC PROMOS

Kor Skyfisher 2010: Italian (To be verified). Any others languages?
Bloodthrone Vampire 2011: French, Italian, Spanish. Any others languages?
Apparently those cards were also given in different languages
Last edited by dragsamou on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:08 pm

I never saw a Japanese Merfolk Mesmerist, but that doesn't completely rule out the possibility that one doesn't exist (or any of the other foil PAX promos).

I recently bought a Spanish Bloodthrone Vampire on MKM, awaiting confirmation that it is the real thing (need an English one anyways, so I won't be totally upset if it isn't Spanish).

Clay

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I never saw a Japanese Merfolk Mesmerist, but that doesn't completely rule out the possibility that one doesn't exist (or any of the other foil PAX promos).

I recently bought a Spanish Bloodthrone Vampire on MKM, awaiting confirmation that it is the real thing (need an English one anyways, so I won't be totally upset if it isn't Spanish).

Clay
Hi Clay

I just update with some languages that I find for Kor Skyfisher and Bloodthrone Vampire...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi Members

I need to find a New name for those Promos that apparently were given at Conventions or events in Europe, I don't know if they exist for Asia.
Is Magic the Gathering Conventions and Events Promos ok? Let me know.
I will either create a new subsection, or put them in the VARIOUS PROMOS subsection once I find out more about those, as it's a Huge headache, for example Kor Skyfisher seems to exist only in English (Even if there's an Italian one on MCM), etc...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Alexis, I have them listed in my files as "YYYY Conventions Participation Bonus"

These would be (as I track them):
Steward of Valeron [2009 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Kor Skyfisher [2010 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Bloodthrone Vampire [2011 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Merfolk Mesmerist [2012 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Chandra's Fury [2013 Conventions Participation Bonus]

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Alexis, I have them listed in my files as "YYYY Conventions Participation Bonus"

These would be (as I track them):
Steward of Valeron [2009 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Kor Skyfisher [2010 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Bloodthrone Vampire [2011 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Merfolk Mesmerist [2012 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Chandra's Fury [2013 Conventions Participation Bonus]
Hi Clay

Point is that for Steward of Valeron, they are in the Play 2009 subsection as they have a Play Magic 2009 down:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/264-rar ... -2009.html

Kor Skyfisher
Bloodthrone Vampire
Merfolk Mesmerist
Chandra's Fury
are in the VARIOUS PROMOS Pax East Promos. and they don't have Play Magic anymore but MTG 2010/2011/2012/2013
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/686-rar ... index.html

So, instead of creating a New Subsection, I could simply modify the Pax East Promos name to Convention Promos or create in Various Promos a Convention Promos New Tab for the European one.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Alexis,

I get what you are saying. I just try to keep the organization of my promos a little bit simpler; I focused in on the fact that all of the aforementioned promos have "www.MagicTheGathering.com" as their flavor text, so I grouped them together.

I also have the Nalathni Dragon with these convention promos so that the littlest dragon isn't all by its lonesome. 8-[

I recommend making a convention promo section, and move the Play Magic, PAX East, Dengeki, Dragon Con and Comic-con promos into it. With the exception of the PAX East promos, these seem to be all one-time promos at this point.

Clay

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Alexis,

I get what you are saying. I just try to keep the organization of my promos a little bit simpler; I focused in on the fact that all of the aforementioned promos have "www.MagicTheGathering.com" as their flavor text, so I grouped them together.

I also have the Nalathni Dragon with these convention promos so that the littlest dragon isn't all by its lonesome. 8-[

I recommend making a convention promo section, and move the Play Magic, PAX East, Dengeki, Dragon Con and Comic-con promos into it. With the exception of the PAX East promos, these seem to be all one-time promos at this point.

Clay
Hi Clay

Problem is that I can't move them, I need first to delete all of them, then do the job again for all of them, Index, Scans, etc...My webmaster need to delete all those subsections as I can't do it. And to be honest, it's already so hard to keep up, and there's so many more to add. That's why, I'd rather work around the Various Promos instead of losing 2/3 full days creation a New Subsection for those conventions Promos.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:09 pm

A general suggestion: If you don't know anyway what hides behind the sections and subsections, it's (at least for me) hard to find a specific card. A search engine would help a lot, even a rudimentary one which can find card names only.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 am

Neuron wrote:A general suggestion: If you don't know anyway what hides behind the sections and subsections, it's (at least for me) hard to find a specific card. A search engine would help a lot, even a rudimentary one which can find card names only.
Hi

I will ask my webmaster about it, but right now he's overbusy, I still wait for some subsections and modifications to be added. I try to think, how to rearrange the Various Promos subsection without spending days of work.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

Hi Members

EVENTS CARDS

The Various Promos subsection has been modified to Convention and Various Promos (New name to be changed by my webmaster). A New logo has been created and some info added in the index (More to come). The Dengeki Character Festival Cards and Play 2009 subsections have been deleted, both names of those 2 subsections will be erased from my webmaster later.
This New subsection is now by years.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/686-rar ... index.html
Let me know, what you think. Thanks
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:53 pm

I never found italian Kor Skyfisher or spanish Steward of Valeron. I can confirm the non-english Bloodthrones you listed (ITA, SPA, FRA) and ITA and SPA merfolk mesmerist (I own them)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Gits wrote:I never found italian Kor Skyfisher or spanish Steward of Valeron. I can confirm the non-english Bloodthrones you listed (ITA, SPA, FRA) and ITA and SPA merfolk mesmerist (I own them)
Hi

I believe that Kor Skyfisher and Chandra's Fury Only exist in English, but as 2 Italian sellers were mentioning them, I added the Skyfisher, and waiting for an answer about the existence. Bloodthrone seems to not exist in German :-O. Regarding the Steward of Valeron Spanish, I never saw one myself, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist, I keep it in the subsection with the "EXIST" in the info. EDIT: Kor Skyfisher doesn't exist in Italian, so I can delete it in the subsection.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.