I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

Post Reply
User avatar
TheJGit
Librarities Hero
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Post by TheJGit » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Those of you on Facebook have probably seen my announcement posts, but I just realized that I never put it up here! I decided my Beginners Guide to Misprints article on my blog was waaaaay overdue for an update, so I took it a step further and built an entire website to answer some of the more common questions we see people who are new to misprints ask. I've had a lot of help over the years from some of the folks in the Librarities community, and without you guys, it wouldn't be possible.

So go check it out http://www.misprintedMTG.com! Let me know what you think. Also, submit some misprints for the "Community Showcase" section of the site. Currently, there's a submission for a really sweet miscut counterspell that'll win December slot unless some of you guys submit :-D

Also for funzies here are some of the google analytics stats from since I've launched the site, to now:
-2503 Users with 8799 Pageviews
-The 3 most common languages are: English US, English GB, and "Secret.google.com You are Invited! Enter with only this ticket URL. Copy it. Vote for Trump" ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) (it's google analytics manipulation spam)
-Users from 67 different countries have viewed the site.
-17% of viwers are returning viewers
- The most viewed articles are https://www.misprintedmtg.com/nfc, https://www.misprintedmtg.com/pricing, & https://www.misprintedmtg.com/begginers ... -misprints respectively

If you guys have any feedback, or anything you'd like to see on the site, let me know!

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am
Location: Europe

Re: I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Post by Neuron » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Thumbs up! I like it.

I in person would change two things:

1. Alpha Cut Revised: These are confirmed:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9855&p=88122&hilit= ... sed#p88122
https://greendisenchantproject.jimdo.co ... d-edition/

2. "Newer sets have more misprints than older ones, because newer sets have a higher print run." This applies in the most cases, however, the sets with the most irregular misprints are Fallen Empires and Mercadian Masques and regarding regulars there are sets which have a significant part of something wrong, like the collectors' numbers in a Portal set,things misplaced (Italian FWB), and so on.
Old or new doesn't matter that much, it's mainly print run and quality control.

Interesting would also be a gallery which lists all kinds of errors and variations of them :-)

Here a picture of the only 3 square corner card I know (but not own):

Image

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Location: Florida

Re: I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Post by cataclysm80 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Of course I like the website. :)
You've already seen my suggestions. :)

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Jason

As you know on a regular basis, I do help you for your website. If it's fine with you, I will add it in the Links section with Private Sites (another one (Neuron) needs to be added), only my webmaster can add them.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/library-links.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
TheJGit
Librarities Hero
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: I made a website: misprintedMTG.com

Post by TheJGit » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:51 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Jason

As you know on a regular basis, I do help you for your website. If it's fine with you, I will add it in the Links section with Private Sites (another one (Neuron) needs to be added), only my webmaster can add them.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/library-links.html
I would be honored. I have plans to add a similar page of useful links, and the librarities will be at the top of that :-D
cataclysm80 wrote:Of course I like the website. :)
You've already seen my suggestions. :)
If it's ok with you I'd like to make a separate page dedicated to that epic writeup you did on the facebook page about dot pattern angles and using them to identify sunbleached cards. That was just amazing =P~
Neuron wrote:Thumbs up! I like it.

I in person would change two things:

1. Alpha Cut Revised: These are confirmed:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9855&p=88122&hilit= ... sed#p88122
https://greendisenchantproject.jimdo.co ... d-edition/

2. "Newer sets have more misprints than older ones, because newer sets have a higher print run." This applies in the most cases, however, the sets with the most irregular misprints are Fallen Empires and Mercadian Masques and regarding regulars there are sets which have a significant part of something wrong, like the collectors' numbers in a Portal set,things misplaced (Italian FWB), and so on.
Old or new doesn't matter that much, it's mainly print run and quality control.

Interesting would also be a gallery which lists all kinds of errors and variations of them :-)

Here a picture of the only 3 square corner card I know (but not own):
A few people have pointed me i the direction of alpha cut revised cards, I'll update it to say confirmed. What I was referring to in your second comment are the manufacturing based errors. Usually these are minor ink errors, crimps, or miscuts. As an example, look at the quantity of errors in recent commander products.

Also, that 3 square corner discard filler is insane! If you know the owner, please get me in touch =P~

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest