Arabian Nights Print Layouts. Last Update: 15 April, 2022.

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Donroy

Re: Arabian Nights Print Layouts. Last Update: 15 April, 2022.

Post by Donroy » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:37 pm

It appears any given card is different from other copies of the same card in different locations on the sheet. Many variations arise from the fact that the set symbol was added by Carta Mundi after the films were already produced, and their spacing when adding the symbol wasn't as precise as it needed to be, resulting in a compounding error as they went across/down the sheets. Many have other recurring dots, marks, or missing dots.
Hello everyone. Like Cardbreaker, I've come to the same conclusion as above. I found the following print anomalies among my own cards and I'm confident there's got to be dozens more. I wanted to contribute to the "print dot" section of the main post. In addition to the Desert Nomad print dot, there seems to be dots among some other red commons. Specifically, I found variants in Kird Ape and Hurr Jackal.

Image Desert Nomads

Image Hurr Jackal

Image Kird Ape

I also found a black scimitar dot on a dark camel similar to the one on Library of Alexandria.

Image Camel

Image Library of Alexandria

None of these dots appear to be one-off anomalies, but rather consistent misprints like all the others. I checked dozens of eBay listings to confirm.

tmmoose

Post by tmmoose » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:27 pm

I thought you guys might be interested in this write up on how you can reconstruct the Arabian Nights common sheet using knowledge of the booster pack collation mechanism, booster pack openings videos and other publicly available information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12gecsD ... sp=sharing

I have done about 98% of the uncommon sheet the same way, augmented by looking at miscut cards. The last part I can’t finish off until more people open packs in the area of the sheet I am missing.

I have also been looking at some of the same print defects discussed above for a while and think I now have a way of identifying every one of the original 242 cards across the two print sheets. I will share that when I get round to writing it up if people are interested.

tmmoose

Post by tmmoose » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 pm

I finished my write-up of how I did the Arabian Nights uncommon sheet mapping as well, so I figured I'd share that here as well in case anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NWXek ... sp=sharing