Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Great find, Clay! It does raise the question of who the artist really is. Tyler is on the card and on the gatherer so that is probably right but strange things have happened before with artist credit.

Whent through your Khans sheet and found two I don't have (one you don't have is Raid/all things Magic). Did not check the Korean as I can't even find the few I have... LOL.

I tried to set up an account for the BOX but it never seemed to work. Wish it wold as they come through a lot better looking than mediafile where I presently put my sheets. They always look kinda crappy.

Thanks again for the update, I eill try to get to the Theros block too.

Gary
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Found a misprint on a tip card. the English Morph Rule tip card has the Horde Ambusher art (as provided by Tyler Jacobson), but the art is credited to Jaime Jones. the card has 4 different backs, and all of them miscredit the art.

speaking of, I recently found a cloud that allows me to save (and edit) files directly. here's a link to it: https://app.box.com/s/09tqbsthnpor0yrp432a

It's my take on a Tip & Token spreadsheet. please let me know if the link does not work.

Clay
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

tryst

Post by tryst » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:39 pm

jhavuka wrote:I went through the Shards block t+t/t cards in the end and marked every combination I found with an X. You can download the sheets here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfx8jeg8sq7w1 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Let me know if anyone wants any of those. I'll probably keep the tokens if nobody wants them but most definitely throw t/t cards away at some point (in a couple of weeks time).
I could really use these:
Angel/Explore the Conflux Set
Angel/Planeswalker's Guide
Angel/Wizards Play Network
Elemental/Duels of the Planeswalkers
WUBRG/Be a Part of the Action
WUBRG/Magic Online
Domain/Wizards Play Network
Nicol Bolas/Magic Online
Nicol Bolas/Wizards Play Network
Pack Wars/Give Us a Piece of your Mind

Are you looking for anything in return?
Sorry, but I don't have any Finnish tokens. :'-(
tryst

tryst

Post by tryst » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Gary,
I just downloaded your latest spreadsheet.
Here is my list of M2012 tokens that are marked as EU or are blank on your spreadsheet:

Bird/More Than a TCG (1)
Bird/The Ultimate Introduction (5)
Bird/Ultra Pro (0)
Zombie/Magic Online (1)
Beast/Magic Online (2)
Beast/The Ultimate Introduction (1)
Saproling/Choose your Commander (3)
Saproling/The Best Way (2)
Wurm/Choose your Commander (0)
Pentavite/FNM (2)
Pentavite/Magic Weekend (2)

The number in parentheses is the number of extra tokens that I have.
If you want a copy, let me know. I still owe you big time for the Innistrad block tokens/tips.

Does anybody else need any of these tokens?
tryst

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Found a misprint on a tip card. the English Morph Rule tip card has the Horde Ambusher art (as provided by Tyler Jacobson), but the art is credited to Jaime Jones. the card has 4 different backs, and all of them miscredit the art.

Clay
Nice find, Clay. Probably affects all languages. At least my german ones have the same error.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Here are the Khans and FR t/t that I have found so far.
I have been really behind on so many things and another set will be upon us in no time at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyur6ynial9yr ... .xlsx?dl=0

My abilities to do things are not keeping up with the things I need/want to do so I will be cutting back.

My final t/t sheet will be 2016. It will be the final core set and as the block format changes from 3 expansions to 2 my old Magic world is growing smaller and smaller. The "extra" sets, etc. are overwhelming me and this seems like a logical end point for my complete sets that cover over 20 years. What I will do about promos and other things will be based on the quality of product and my whims of the moment. It will probably take all my energy and most of my resources to just complete English Magic to this point.

Hopefully some worthy collector will choose to carry this on.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

skibulk

Re: Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Post by skibulk » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:18 pm

@mystical_tutor

I have referenced your token / tip / advertisement card spreadsheets numerous times over the years and I'd like to say thank you for all your hard work. I for one am saddened that you will discontinue this venture, although I understand your position. I'm looking forward to your final spreadsheet with Magic Origins.

Are all Pre-10th Edition tokens / tips / advertisements documented in the Magic Librarities "Rarities" section?

Does Wizards insert unique tip/ad cards in supplemental packages? Have you been tracking all the sources to be sure?: Intro Packs, Fat Packs, Clash Packs, Event Decks, Gift Boxes, Planeswalker Decks, DotP Game System Promo Packs, Faction Packs, Guild Packs, Clan Packs, Ugin's Fate Packs, Duel Decks, Challenge Decks, From the Vault, etc.

I scan card sets for the CCGHQ project and actively participate in their forums at SlightlyMagic.net

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:15 am

skibulk wrote: Are all Pre-10th Edition tokens / tips / advertisements documented in the Magic Librarities "Rarities" section?
Hi skibulk

The Official Counters and Tokens section is accurate, Support Cards shows Tip Cards, but some subsections are not completed yet or fully completed. A lot of HQ Foreign scans are also missing in both sections. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:59 pm

skibulk wrote:@mystical_tutor

I have referenced your token / tip / advertisement card spreadsheets numerous times over the years and I'd like to say thank you for all your hard work. I for one am saddened that you will discontinue this venture, although I understand your position. I'm looking forward to your final spreadsheet with Magic Origins.

Are all Pre-10th Edition tokens / tips / advertisements documented in the Magic Librarities "Rarities" section?

Does Wizards insert unique tip/ad cards in supplemental packages? Have you been tracking all the sources to be sure?: Intro Packs, Fat Packs, Clash Packs, Event Decks, Gift Boxes, Planeswalker Decks, DotP Game System Promo Packs, Faction Packs, Guild Packs, Clan Packs, Ugin's Fate Packs, Duel Decks, Challenge Decks, From the Vault, etc.

I scan card sets for the CCGHQ project and actively participate in their forums at SlightlyMagic.net
Thank you for your support and kind words. I have not made sheets for all the different releases of tokens. I will be working on my Duel Decks to organize them and plan to make a spreadsheet just for them. Lately all I have seen in the way of tips in most of what you list above has been the small fold-over "Rules Reference Card". I include them in my binders but will not be doing anything else with them. I have never had an interest in the inserts for any of the above and only worked on the t/t cards because they actually came in the boosters and had a function in the playing of the game (tokens that is-tips got included just because they were there). Sounds like a great project for you to start. Hope to have a "final" sheet up in May of 2016 (after I do taxes... LOL).

Just a note: the Ugin's Fate blue boosters were very straightforward with all having the same token card with the same back.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 3:07 am

Well, I finally got up the energy to give it a go. Hope you can access this dropbox link as I no longer have access to a server for photos etc. Alexis has tried to teach me how to use it and I hope I did it right.

This includes what I have from the Khans, Magic Origins, BFZ, Oath, and Shadows over Innistrad. I said I wasn't going to do them but somehow they just keep bugging me till I throw them on a spreadsheet.

I think these are very incomplete as for more than one of the sets I was out of country and when I got back I could find no tips for some of the sets. I doubt I have all the combos but I have listed what I have been able to find and am still looking. If you have trouble accessing the file (all theses cloud things are just that---a fog in my head) please PM me an email address I can send a copy of the file to.

I have used MS Excel for the sheet, hope that will work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byf3tz142wl0k ... .xlsx?dl=0

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Re:

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

tryst wrote:
jhavuka wrote:I went through the Shards block t+t/t cards in the end and marked every combination I found with an X. You can download the sheets here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfx8jeg8sq7w1 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Let me know if anyone wants any of those. I'll probably keep the tokens if nobody wants them but most definitely throw t/t cards away at some point (in a couple of weeks time).
WUBRG/Magic Online
Nicol Bolas/Magic Online
tryst
What I get for trying to play catch up with my memory recall department being so badly understaffed...
Tryst; is this list still accurate for what you need? I grabbed the wrong list in my previous reply, sorry.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Re:

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 03, 2016 5:21 pm

tryst wrote:

jhavuka:

I just downloaded your sheet, thanks. It will be awhile before I include that info on my sheet as I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff sorted out.

Thanks again.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards update 4 May

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu May 05, 2016 12:04 am

Updated the link posted above. added Fate Reforged (finally found them). I would think there are more tips and even a few more tokens.
Added Khans to SOI to the token type list at the front.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe94ckhfh1pr1 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Re: Re:

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun May 15, 2016 8:07 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
tryst wrote:

jhavuka:

I have included your information on the 14 May 16 sheet at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k565zu2kvsqxj ... .xlsx?dl=0

It is interesting to note that Tryst reports some that you do not have. I think that is just because it is so hard to really just "find" all the combos in a set. Thus your report is a great confirmation of what was printed in the set.

Thanks again

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Re: Re:

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun May 15, 2016 8:13 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
tryst wrote:
WUBRG/Magic Online
Nicol Bolas/Magic Online
tryst
I got your info on the latest sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k565zu2kvsqxj ... .xlsx?dl=0

I will try and find some of the above cards for you.

Gary
Tryst; is this list still accurate for what you need? I grabbed the wrong list in my previous reply, sorry.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun May 15, 2016 8:18 pm

It appears so far that "tip" cards are now included on the backs of the tokens--except for the "New to Magic?" card. I'm all for this not only as a collector but in consideration of all the trees it will save. For so long I have seen wastebaskets full of these at events...

If any of you are coming across anything like the old tip cards please let me know as I have not opened anything printed in Belgum.

Gary
Gary Adkison