Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:26 pm

That is sure an interesting find. I'll try and dig mine out but it will be awhile.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 pm

yes it is only in Scars as it is the MB back and only exists in that set. Of the English t/t I have with that back all have the artist name on them. my Non-English t/t cards are not organized well enough for me to check at this time.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Hey all,

updated the token/tip file with M15 cards (English, Korean and Russian)... uploaded as a new file... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

some notes:

1) I have a Korean tip card that has an intro pack on the front and the FNM advertisement on the back. this is unusual as the intro pack has been an advert in previous sets' tip cards. also unusual about this card is the advert is 180 degrees from the other adverts (other tips: flip on short edge to view advert; Intro "tip": flip on long edge to view advert)

2) There is an Ajani planeswalker story tip and Ajani planeswalker rules tip. they both have the same image. same thing for Garruk. this is very annoying.

3) the website address on the IDW advert DOES NOT WORK!!!

Google Docs doesn't do the spreadsheet justice (looks way better as an excel file). Using MSN is even worse. does anyone else know of a place online where I can put up the spreadsheet so that people invited can update it?

Here's a link to the excel version: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byib92K ... TJjc2ZBVzQ

Clay

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Japanese M15 booster packs seem to have No rules tips at all!
My booster box contained 36 Tokens ! Including a lot of duplicates for the Rare and Mythic tokens.
So japanese M15 tokens should be more commons than other languages, if this content is true for all japanese booster boxes.

Did anyone see rules tips from Japanese M15 packs ?

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:51 pm

In the one booster pack I got with the Japanese Deckbuilders kit I bought, I have the Liliana/FNM tip card.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:1) I have a Korean tip card that has an intro pack on the front and the FNM advertisement on the back. this is unusual as the intro pack has been an advert in previous sets' tip cards. also unusual about this card is the advert is 180 degrees from the other adverts (other tips: flip on short edge to view advert; Intro "tip": flip on long edge to view advert)
Clay
I have identified where this tip card came from: the Korean DOTP promo pack.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 pm

I am making an all out effort to update my spreadsheets for t/t. This week I have gone through over 2000 tips in English and about 500 in Korean. Two shops here hold back tip cards for me and there are two shops that keep all their tokens for resale. As soon as I get through the tokens they have for RTR/Theros blocks I will post what I have.

Clay has done an extensive job on his sheets--much more info than I have--but I have a really hard time trying to collate the two because of the different arrangements (Hell, I have trouble just logging stuff correctly on my on sheet...). Also, like him, I wish I could find an online storage that reproduced an excel sheet correctly.

Just an FYI.

A point of interest. For The Born of the Gods expansion I have 121 t/t That should pretty well cover that one (in English at least).

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:06 pm

This is what I have a present. I know Khans needs a lot more but some of the other sets are about as good as I will be able to get them.

I did some more work on artists for the list on page 2. More needs to be done but that is a future project as it doesn't seem anyone is very interested in these.

https://www.mediafire.com/?e52q76d3o2x208n

Gary
Gary Adkison

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:35 am

If anyone is going to GP New Jersey next weekend and is interested in European English Shards of Alara block tokens or t/t cards, feel free to send me a message.

I have a booster box almost full of them and can guarantee they are European since I collected them personally while stamping draft boosters for Nationals. Most should be in NM condition or better.

Unfortunately I don't have a list of combinations I have (nor have time to make one) but I can take a look if there's anything specific you need. I wouldn't mind letting all of them go.
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I know how you feel about making a list of combos. Sure wish I could take you up on going through the box but without knowing what was printed I don't know what I might be missing.
I did get a few European English cards for that block but I am sure there are more.
I'll see if I can find someone going to the GP. Please drop me a PM on How can I have them contact you there.

Thanks

Gary

jhavuka wrote:If anyone is going to GP New Jersey next weekend and is interested in European English Shards of Alara block tokens or t/t cards, feel free to send me a message.

I have a booster box almost full of them and can guarantee they are European since I collected them personally while stamping draft boosters for Nationals. Most should be in NM condition or better.

Unfortunately I don't have a list of combinations I have (nor have time to make one) but I can take a look if there's anything specific you need. I wouldn't mind letting all of them go.
Gary Adkison

tryst

Post by tryst » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:13 pm

jhavuka wrote:If anyone is going to GP New Jersey next weekend and is interested in European English Shards of Alara block tokens or t/t cards, feel free to send me a message.
To the best of my knowledge, US Shards and EU Shards didn't differ. Conflux, however, did.
Here's a list of Conflux EU-only tips/tokens:
Angel/Explore
Angel/Planeswalker's
Angel/WPN
Elemental/DOTP (have)
Elemental/Magic Online (have)
WUBRG/Be a Part
WUBRG/Magic Online
Domain/It's Time
Domain/WPN
Nicol Bolas/Magic Online
Nicol Bolas/WPN
Pack Wars/Give Us
Pack Wars/Millions

Sorry, I won't be attending the GP.
If you have any these, I would interested in trading for them.
Do you have German tips/tokens from the Shards block?
tryst

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Actually I have two shards tokens that you sent me that I did not find in the US. I also have two others that were sent to me from Europe and one that you noted and Jay noted that I don't have.

Having said that, we both know that in dealing with the unknowns of "what was printed and wher" all the ones I think came from Europe may also be in the US set--just unseen by me and not reported by others. the fact that I have not seen a specific combo really means nothing except -- I haven't seen it.
Some Conflux were reported by Hans and others as European and I see them on your list also.

I will have to check to see what Hans sent me, I know he sent me two complete sets but I don't remember which ones they were.

Thanks much for the update, glad to hear from you again.

Gary
Gary Adkison

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:42 pm

I went through the Shards block t+t/t cards in the end and marked every combination I found with an X. You can download the sheets here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfx8jeg8sq7w1 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Let me know if anyone wants any of those. I'll probably keep the tokens if nobody wants them but most definitely throw t/t cards away at some point (in a couple of weeks time).
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:50 am

It looks like the two sets are the same for all practical purposes. The reason I would like to see your cards is to see if there are any noticable printing differences between the two.
for that I only need one of each but hate to ask you to take the time to sort them out.

I have a contact going to GP New Jersey that will get the cards to me. If you don't mind bringing them to the event I can give you contact information for him. Please let me know if you plan to bring them.

Thanks in advance.
Gary
Gary Adkison

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 am

Found a misprint on a tip card. the English Morph Rule tip card has the Horde Ambusher art (as provided by Tyler Jacobson), but the art is credited to Jaime Jones. the card has 4 different backs, and all of them miscredit the art.

speaking of, I recently found a cloud that allows me to save (and edit) files directly. here's a link to it: https://app.box.com/s/09tqbsthnpor0yrp432a

It's my take on a Tip & Token spreadsheet. please let me know if the link does not work.

Clay