Ultimate List Two - All card names in all languages

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I've just finished all sets until Fallen Empires.

Here is the first release of the list:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wczojmionym

Enjoy
Hans; All it gave me is a excel sheet with a list of FE names on it in English. Is that what you intended?

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 am

Look at the bottom, there you'll find a lot of other tabs... :wink:

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Look at the bottom, there you'll find a lot of other tabs... :wink:
Thats part of the problem. I can't find my bottom...er, I mean I can't find the bottom of the spreadsheet/workbook. Had this happen before (years ago as I seldom use this program) but don't remember how to fix it. I know it was a simple answer--just don't remember it.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:34 pm

I only have a German version, but I think the English version should be similiar: go to menu point "Extra", select "Options", choose the "View" tab, select on this tab under "Window options" the lower right check box ("view tab" or so).

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri May 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Is this project just going to include card name, or all card text as well?

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sat May 02, 2009 9:09 am

It was one of my unfilled dreams to have all card texts in all languages for every printed card in a database. Exactly: original card texts, flavor texts and oracle rules (including all comments for every card), legal information.
Generally spoken: all information taken from every printed card and as second part all rulings. And of course scans of all the cards in high quality (ok, for English cards we are close to this goal).
All this can only do the whole community. One or two guys for every language is essential. But I don't believe in this anymore... Or is there a chance?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

How about using the magiccards.info ?

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon May 04, 2009 4:09 pm

How about using the mws scans an smth like finereader?

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 pm

As I said in another message: magiccards.info is incomplete and contains a lot of errors. Hannes himself is looking for correct card texts, I think.
May be a good idea. Just give it a try with asian cards and publish the result...

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue May 05, 2009 2:01 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:
As I said in another message: magiccards.info is incomplete and contains a lot of errors. Hannes himself is looking for correct card texts, I think.
It is incomplete, yes, but it is a good starting point. And besides errors in revised/4th edition foreign sets, are there many errors in regular expansions? Do you plan on typing in every set new from people who actually own all the cards? I think you will have a very hard time finding a lot of the cards to verify whether a spoiler is correct or not.

What I'm saying is how can you trust one person's list over another's unless you see the cards themselves?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 am

l0qii wrote:What I'm saying is how can you trust one person's list over another's unless you see the cards themselves?
".... to error is human..."

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 am

Do you plan on typing in every set new from people who actually own all the cards?
For non-english cards I don't see any other solution. And, of course, the typed in texts have to be veryfied.
For English cards we have other options. In the early days of Magic and the Internet there are a some card list including the card texts. And of course, these lists contains some errors too and therefore the texts should also be verified.
but it is a good starting point.
Yes, of course. We only need some guys who do verify all texts and remove the errors.
What I'm saying is how can you trust one person's list over another's unless you see the cards themselves?
Sure, the texts will contain some errors. But guys, who own the cards, can verify the texts a second time and eliminate the errors.
I know, a lot of work. As I said, only a good team can do all this.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Tue May 05, 2009 9:31 am

May be a good idea. Just give it a try with asian cards and publish the result...
I do believe that it will be a lot of work, but finereader can read asian:

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon May 11, 2009 11:29 am

Here is the second release:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydtkmjwdxvz

This release contains all sets until 'Mirage', including all Promo card sets to this point.

I've moved the information about additional misprints from bottom to the top of the list. But beware, these are 'additional' misprints. For ervery listed misprint exists a normal print (without errors). Misprints like Serendib Efreet from Revised set are treated as normal cards without a comment. So please squat and Chris, you're the experts to expand this list. Please report all such cards that currently not in the lists.

Thanks to Gary and his wife for the Korean Limited 4th Edition card titles, great job. O:)

From now on in this list we will have light blue areas, that is the marker for missing information. So come on guys, do your jobs to fill the gaps. :wink:
All yellowish marked parts are verified and shouldn't contain any error (if you found an error, please report it in the forum)

Enjoy

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 pm

PM'ed you some links you may find useful. :)

Oh, yeah, this link should have all Portuguese names, and should be relatively accurate, given it's on the publisher's website:

http://www.devir.com.br/magic/colecoes.php

What you are looking for is where it says 'Lista das Estampas' next to the set name. Should be mostly there.

Also, member agzz did a mostly comprehensive list, found the link to it:

http://agzz.team286.org/mtg/NamingError/Book1.xls

Haven't checked the accuracy, but it should give you a good hand ;)