IDW Comics translated in several languages

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

IDW Comics translated in several languages

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 pm

For those who are interested, the first series of IDW Comics has been translated in several languages. It contains 96-104 pages (depending on the country), so I guess it is all 4 comics bound together.

French
Italian
German
(more to be discovered, I'll update)

Apparently, there's been also Spell Thief released in Australia (English) and it will be released in Germany in October.

Drag, if you need pictures, just ask.

I ordered them all, will know more soon then.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm


User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: IDW Comics translated in several languages

Post by dragsamou » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:02 pm

magic-belgium wrote:For those who are interested, the first series of IDW Comics has been translated in several languages. It contains 96-104 pages (depending on the country), so I guess it is all 4 comics bound together.

French
Italian
German
(more to be discovered, I'll update)

Apparently, there's been also Spell Thief released in Australia (English) and it will be released in Germany in October.

Drag, if you need pictures, just ask.

I ordered them all, will know more soon then.
Hi

Once the complete list of Countries where it will be distributed is made, I will add the info in the index. One question, does those Foreign issues include also a Promo Card? For scans, I will need them later. Thanks
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Apparently they don't include a promo card. Haven't seen the information anywhere.

It was not released in Spanish, nor in Portuguese. And it is not announced in none of these languages.

The Spell Thief was released in Australia, but I can't see Innistrad, which is strange and illogical.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Got the French edition.

No promo card was included. You get all pages from the first 4 comics released in the USA, in one single book.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm

The English edition comes from England, not Australia.

There are 2 books, they are called Volume 1 (for Innistrad) and Volume 2 for the Spell Thief.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:04 am

Issue #2 has been released in Germany.

Path of Vengeance (vol 3) has been released in the UK.

Issue #2 is due out in January in France and in December in Italy.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi Nicolas

Updated in the index with the info you provided, if eventually it will come out in another language, will add later as well as the new issues coming out.
Last edited by dragsamou on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm

I could get the release dates for nearly all of them if you needed.

PLMK.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:30 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I could get the release dates for nearly all of them if you needed.

PLMK.
Yes, will need to add those in info. There's others that I need to add with new promo cards. Theros #1 (of 4) 1 and Theros #2 (of 4)
Promo Cards:
Acquire - Fifth Dawn (Rare)
Wash Out - Invasion (Uncommon)
High Tide - Fallen Empires (Common)
Duress - Urza's Saga / multiple (Common)
Gaze of Granite - Dragon's Maze (Rare)

IDW Comics Magic: the Gathering Volume 4 - "Theros"
• Theros #1 (10/21/13) — Alternate-Art High Tide (?)
• Theros #2 (11/13/13) — Alternate-Art Gaze of Granite (?)
• Theros #3 (?) — Alternate-Art ?
• Theros #4 (?) — Alternate-Art ?

• ??? - a fifth one ???
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:33 pm

I heard there would be 5 comics for Theros. That is confirmed. As for the promo cards inside, don't know.

Will get the info on the foreign IDW.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:54 pm

French :

Vol 1 :
http://www.paninicomics.fr/web/guest/co ... s?id=82746

Vol 2 : (temporary cover)
http://www.mdcu-comics.fr/comics/mag-vf ... ing-2.html

Italian :

You get information for Vol 1 and 2 :

http://www.paninicomics.it/web/guest/se ... +gathering#

German :

https://www.paninicomics.de/-i9340.html

https://www.paninicomics.de/-i9891.html

English :

http://amazing-fantasy-comics.com/shop/ ... +gathering

Release dates :

June 2012
2012-12-11
14/05/2013

Also, don't know if I mentioned it early, there's been a second print for this comic :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-The-Gathe ... 53ffc4b1ea

You will notice the issue number is in red.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5615
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 am

magic-belgium wrote:French :

Vol 1 :
http://www.paninicomics.fr/web/guest/co ... s?id=82746

Vol 2 : (temporary cover)
http://www.mdcu-comics.fr/comics/mag-vf ... ing-2.html

Italian :

You get information for Vol 1 and 2 :

http://www.paninicomics.it/web/guest/se ... +gathering#

German :

https://www.paninicomics.de/-i9340.html

https://www.paninicomics.de/-i9891.html

English :

http://amazing-fantasy-comics.com/shop/ ... +gathering

Release dates :

June 2012
2012-12-11
14/05/2013

Also, don't know if I mentioned it early, there's been a second print for this comic :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-The-Gathe ... 53ffc4b1ea

You will notice the issue number is in red.
Hi

Added the 3 Covers in French, German, Italian and the Cover Second Printing of Spell of Thief Volume 3 in the index:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/765-rar ... index.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:12 am

Smashing ! (UK version)

Awesome ! (US version)

:-D

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests