This explains the quality

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

This explains the quality

Post by berkumps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Noticed recently that T-Chinese 4th boxes say they were printed by Shepard Poorman Corp:

Might explain the 'poor' quality of the product! Ba-dum-bum ching!

Also found this article:

http://mtgarchive.net/wiki/Shepard_Poorman

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: This explains the quality

Post by dragsamou » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:43 pm

berkumps wrote:Noticed recently that T-Chinese 4th boxes say they were printed by Shepard Poorman Corp:

Might explain the 'poor' quality of the product! Ba-dum-bum ching!

Also found this article:

http://mtgarchive.net/wiki/Shepard_Poorman
Hi Mark

Very interesting. Do you have an extra Starter T-Chinese 4Th Edition?

"as well as providing part of the Mirage print-run intended for sale in the United States."

That this mean that Mirage Starter Poorman version eventually exist ?

As a reminder:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=2496
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 pm

This all makes sense, given that WOTC was desperate for more print capacity when the game exploded and Carta Mundi couldn't keep up.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

hammr7 wrote:This all makes sense, given that WOTC was desperate for more print capacity when the game exploded and Carta Mundi couldn't keep up.
Hi Hank

Now to find Mirage English products printed by Shepard Poorman Corp, to prove that they exist.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 pm

dragsamou wrote:
hammr7 wrote:This all makes sense, given that WOTC was desperate for more print capacity when the game exploded and Carta Mundi couldn't keep up.
Hi Hank

Now to find Mirage English products printed by Shepard Poorman Corp, to prove that they exist.
I have opened a few starter boxes of Mirage printed in the US, and the quality was similar to TC 4th. If I remember correctly, the boxes do not mention Shepard Poorman, just that they were printed in the US.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi All

Coming back on that topic, as I just find out that Shepard Poorman was the Printer for Rivals Quick Start Set , can owners have a look at Mirage Products (Starter Deck, Starter Deck Box, Boosters) to find evidence that some of them were Made in the US by Shepard Poorman, I wonder if others MTG Products are involved with that new discovery.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi All

Coming back on that topic, as I just find out that Shepard Poorman was the Printer for Rivals Quick Start Set , can owners have a look at Mirage Products (Starter Deck, Starter Deck Box, Boosters) to find evidence that some of them were Made in the US by Shepard Poorman, I wonder if others MTG Products are involved with that new discovery.
For Mirage, neither the starter deck, or box of starter decks mentions Shepard Poorman Corp. Only says Printed in the USA.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:58 am

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi All

For Mirage, neither the starter deck, or box of starter decks mentions Shepard Poorman Corp. Only says Printed in the USA.
Hi Mark

Do you have any very cheap singles Mirage cards from what you think is Shepard Poorman Mirage? If so, grab one, tear apart and look for the Black Glue in the middle as the cards from Carta Mundi have a blue one. But, to me it seems logical that the name should be on Mirage Products like the 4Th Edition T-Chinese or Rivals.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.