Compilation of Different type of Misprints. 12/13/2017

Different compilations of MTG products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, GlobalBoosterHunter

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Re: Compilation of Different type of Misprints

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:59 am

I've found a type of misprint that wasn't yet listed on these pages and thought that it should be included here.

Italian The Dark exists with normal fronts and blank white unprinted backs.
These cards look very much like artist proofs, however, NO artist proofs were made for this set, which means these are definitely misprints.
I've seen every card in the set with this misprint except for Angry Mob, Diabolic Machine, Goblin Wizard, Preacher, Rag Man, & Scarwood Bandits.
Each of those cards would have been on the uncommon sheet. (The Dark was made with 2 sheets, common & uncommon.)

I've seen 2 copies of the cards Reflecting Mirror, Riptide, & Wand of Ith. Each of those cards appeared on the sheets multiple times, so there isn't any evidence that more than one of each sheet exists.

Most of these cards that I've seen came from a man in Portugal who purchased them at a flea market because he had not seen cards like these before. They seem to have come from someone who had tried to collect them all.

Separately, I've also seen one (Reflecting Mirror) that a man in Italy had purchased in a collection.

I've thoroughly checked the cards under magnification and compared them to regular Italian The Dark cards, and other white back (artist proof) cards I own. These misprints are definitely real cards with unprinted backs. They've not been falsely manufactured or chemically wiped in any way.

Tav

UPDATE: More of these have been reported to me. Someone received them in a collection which had come from a Wizards employee who was responsible for replacing cards that had been returned due to quality control issues. It's been some time ago, and he doesn't recall specifically which cards he had, but he believes that all of his were commons.
Last edited by cataclysm80 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:57 am

cataclysm80 wrote:I've found a type of misprint that wasn't yet listed on these pages and thought that it should be included here.

These cards look very much like artist proofs, however, NO artist proofs were made for this set, which means these are definitely misprints.
So far, I think I've seen every card in the set except for 2 cards. (I'll try to review and post more exact info later.)
I've seen 2 copies of one card.

I've thoroughly checked the cards under magnification and compared them to regular Italian The Dark cards, and other white back (artist proof) cards I own. These misprints are definitely real cards with unprinted backs. They've not been falsely manufactured or chemically wiped in any way.

Tav
Hi Tav

Added with few others that were missing.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

stewr
Librarities Member

Post by stewr » Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 am

I have a few cards with the back upsidedown and have more info:
Planeshift foil common - It has normal back
Rare portal - vertically shifted back
Prophecy foil uncommon - normal back
and
Weatherlight common (Ophidian) -vertically & horisontically shifted back (can see a white line to side of the card)

All are in English.
/stewr (Wuwwy)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:28 pm

stewr wrote:I have a few cards with the back upsidedown and have more info:
Planeshift foil common - It has normal back
Rare portal - vertically shifted back
Prophecy foil uncommon - normal back
and
Weatherlight common (Ophidian) -vertically & horisontically shifted back (can see a white line to side of the card)

All are in English.
/stewr (Wuwwy)
Hi

Thanks all added in the first post and added this one:
English Common, Uncommon and Rare Starter 1999 Upside down back - vertically decentered back from Starter 1999 Demogame booster

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 am

Looks like there is a german Mercadian Masques Foil UC Sheet with upside down backs.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Italian Shadows over Innistrad Rare Sheet

Regular Back on one side

Front and Back on the other Side

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:37 am

mmgun wrote: Front and Back on the other Side
Looks like it's not the whole back which was printed over the front, but only the blue layer of the back.

Neat Card.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:55 am

cataclysm80 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:59 am
There's also some Italian Lorwyn cards with this error.

There's also some French Onslaught cards with this error.

It's probably also worth mentioning the German Limited Edition white back cards, some of which have been signed even though they're not artist proofs.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun May 08, 2022 11:21 am

cataclysm80 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:55 am
cataclysm80 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:59 am
There's also some Italian Lorwyn cards with this error.

There's also some French Onslaught cards with this error.

It's probably also worth mentioning the German Limited Edition white back cards, some of which have been signed even though they're not artist proofs.
Over 1000 of those German with white backs are in the wild from FBB and homelands. Multiples of each cards do exists from 4 to 11 and not for all the cards. Some are stolen property, as they should have been destroyed but were kept instead by an ex-WotC employee that sold them not so long ago to a reseller (I advise him not to sell those) at least he should be honnest about it and not letting people fight about them thinking that they unique.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.