Chaos Orb art from '92

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Chaos Orb art from '92

Post by berkumps » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:40 pm

I hadn't noticed until recently looking at a Chaos Orb puzzle piece #6 that the Chaos Orb artwork says 'Tedin 92'

Could it be they were seeking artwork for the set this early?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Chaos Orb art from '92

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm

berkumps wrote:I hadn't noticed until recently looking at a Chaos Orb puzzle piece #6 that the Chaos Orb artwork says 'Tedin 92'

Could it be they were seeking artwork for the set this early?
Mark Tedin, the Props Master of Norm Owensen, Medieval Mercenary is a newcomer to film work, but he’s a name well known in the world of fantasy. Fans of the wildly popular collectible card game Magic: the Gathering know him as one of the original artists, famous for player favorites like “Chaos Orb,” “Leviathan” and “Juzarn Djinn.”

And his interest in movies goes even farther back. “I’ve always been interested in filmmaking, even as a little kid, but it wasn’t until Star Wars and The Art of Star Wars books came out that I knew what I wanted to do. The concept art and special effects of those films had a huge influence on my work as an artist.”

Fans of Tedin may well recognize his hand in two of the props featured in Norm, an enigmatic map and figure that make an appearance late in the pilot. “The map is in some ways a throw-back to one of the very first pieces I did for Wizards of the Coast, even before my work on Magic,” he says. “It was a map for the Talislanta role-playing game in 1992.
From Peter D. Adkison Blog Spot :wink:

http://www.peteradkison.com/mark-tedin- ... the-props/

More valuable info:
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/tituschal ... chapter-6/
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.