Collection Display Ideas

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:39 am

I've seen a lot of these among YuGiOh players/collectors recently in Belgium. I was surprised since I had never seen those in the past.

I thought it was a good idea for sellers in a store or on a convention, for the reasons you mentioned above.

But it is definitely a pain in the a** to take them in or out, and besides, the top of the card is hidden, making the whole page, in my opinion, definitely ugly.

A 9 page full of MTG cards is so nice otherwise :-D

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 pm

magic-belgium wrote:I've seen a lot of these among YuGiOh players/collectors recently in Belgium. I was surprised since I had never seen those in the past.
...and besides, the top of the card is hidden, making the whole page, in my opinion, definitely ugly.
Interesting. I have never seen any for sale. My test page had that problem and we talked about it--at least to make the flap transparentl--but it must not have happened. As is I agree, they would be unacceptable, except to traders/dealers (which was their focus market).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Would you like me to get info on these next time I see them ?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:46 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Would you like me to get info on these next time I see them ?
Yes, I would appreciate that a lot. I may yet make another display and have, for years, thought of a land display (not the wonderfully complete sets talked about here--just one of each art). Pages like that would be great. You can probably imagine what my display pages would look like if they were dropped with the top side down.......
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.