Wanted: Duelist Life Counters

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

inca911
Librarities Legend

Wanted: Duelist Life Counters

Post by inca911 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:48 pm

My boys have started playing some Magic, and I'm looking for a couple of those metal Duelist abacus life counters from 1996. They tend to be $20-$30 (opened), and a bit more than that sealed.

Interestingly, these don't appear to have a listing on the website. I believe they are available in red, black, green, white, and blue. I also think there are some with the "Duelist" text in an arc and others with the text in a straight line.

Does anyone have the full details on the Duelist counters to add to the website?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 am

I have a "full" set of these. There were five colors, and three variations of each color. I have a total of 18, so I can display each variation for each color, and also have one to show the back side.

I tried to get these added to the web site some time ago, along with all the other Scrye and Duelist metal counters (I have about 30 different variations of the ones on the round disks). Ralph didn't think these were quite as pressing to add to the site, given that they weren't "Magic" specific, and weren't card-type counters.

The first two variations have the arched "Duelist", and are dated 1995 and 1996, respectively. The third variation has the straight "Duelist". The variations reflect the changing nature of ownership of the manufacture of the abacus counters.

inca911
Librarities Legend

Post by inca911 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 am

Still looking for the 1995 Reaper or 1996 Wizards versions with the curved text, in blue or red preferably....