Selling Return to Ravnica prerelease guild packs sealed

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Selling Return to Ravnica prerelease guild packs sealed

Post by caquaa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:44 am

My local store has a few extra sealed guild packages (box with 5 standard boosters + 1 guild booster). There is one copy of each as well as some random assortment of non g/w & b/g ones. I would be offering these for my local store therefore I'd have to pass any offers along. If you're interested in these let me know what you're interested in and a price you'd have in mind and I can pass the offer along to the store owner and get back w/ you asap. PM's would be preferable.

The store owner was just talking about opening them up, but since he can't sell them I asked him to hold off til Friday to see if a collector would like them so there is likely a time limit on them being available.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Selling Return to Ravnica prerelease guild packs sealed

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am

caquaa wrote:My local store has a few extra sealed guild packages (box with 5 standard boosters + 1 guild booster). There is one copy of each as well as some random assortment of non g/w & b/g ones. I would be offering these for my local store therefore I'd have to pass any offers along. If you're interested in these let me know what you're interested in and a price you'd have in mind and I can pass the offer along to the store owner and get back w/ you asap. PM's would be preferable.

The store owner was just talking about opening them up, but since he can't sell them I asked him to hold off til Friday to see if a collector would like them so there is likely a time limit on them being available.
Any photos?

Of course I am keen to get hold of some, would like to see what is included so I can offer a fair price.

Thanks for putting up the offer!

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am

Each box is sealed so opening one would not be the best idea.

However, each box contains 5 RtR boosters and 1 special booster that contains your pre-release promo and 15 semi random cards that are only in the appropriate guild colors. Also included is a sticker with the guild logo, a RtR spin down die, a guild specific checklist of things to do during the tournament, and a letter from the "leader" of the guild.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm

well honesty, everything inside is real crap ... and don't worth more than the price of 6 boosters.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

yvel wrote:well honesty, everything inside is real crap ... and don't worth more than the price of 6 boosters.
I do not share that opinion.

I think the pre-release cards are awesome (for casual play specially). It is cool to have all five colors of spindown dice. Each die is one of the 2 colors for the guild with the numbers the other color (making one of them U/R kinda hard to read--but heck with that).

If your into competitive play and not interested in guilds or the league just get what you want for your net deck on line and don't worry about this stuff. If your going to do the league, get your guild emblems/cards and strut your stuff.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 pm

The product as such is really nice to look at.

Then, as for the RtR cards, some cards are really good (in constructed - and more than usual) but most of the others are real crap in limited... Mana cost is too high for sure.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Here are my goodies from the Pre-release (plus the start on t/t but more on that after the launch party).

Somehow I lost my Izzit sticker....doh. Only got to play three guilds.

The token is unique and has both alternate art and a "Magic Judge" back.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm

I played Rakdos, Golgari and Azorius. I enjoyed Rakdos a lot. But not enough direct damages and removals... So Rakdos is breathless after awhile.

mystical_tutor

Re: Selling Return to Ravnica prerelease guild packs sealed

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I need the Rakdos R/Bl and the Azorius W/U. PM sent with offer
caquaa wrote:My local store has a few extra sealed guild packages (box with 5 standard boosters + 1 guild booster). There is one copy of each as well as some random assortment of non g/w & b/g ones. I would be offering these for my local store therefore I'd have to pass any offers along. If you're interested in these let me know what you're interested in and a price you'd have in mind and I can pass the offer along to the store owner and get back w/ you asap. PM's would be preferable.

Gary Adkison

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Ok,
dice is nice, Stiker is better than nothing ...5 differents dci cards is great.
But ... doesn't worth more than a pack of 6 boosters.

Dice : 1$
Dci card : 1$
Sticker : 1$

It was fun to open this pack during the event... but for the one you try to buy some, in my opinion, it din't worth more than 18$ (is sealed)

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:17 pm

But, once again, as player, like the helvault event, it was fun :)

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Must be cards are a lot cheaper where you are. Here they are 3.95 a booster +.24 tax. 6 boosters = $25.14. The pre-release was $25.00. In addition the guild booster had 2 rare cards instead of one.

Dice=free
sticker=free
promo token=free
extra rare=free
Fun fun fun=free

One hell of a fine deal in my book.

Gary

yvel wrote:Ok,
dice is nice, Stiker is better than nothing ...5 differents dci cards is great.
But ... doesn't worth more than a pack of 6 boosters.

Dice : 1$
Dci card : 1$
Sticker : 1$

It was fun to open this pack during the event... but for the one you try to buy some, in my opinion, it din't worth more than 18$ (is sealed)
Gary Adkison

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 pm

A bit the same here, in Euros.

I paid 25 Euros, that's the usual price for a PR.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

In Spain, we are paying 21€.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 am

That's cheap and surprising, considering the price of booster packs in Spain. They are so expensive.