Looking for a few beta proofs...

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Looking for a few beta proofs...

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I know it's a shot in the dark, but it's been a while since I've asked, so here it goes. Does anyone have or know anyone that has any of these beta proofs for sale or trade:

Air Elemental
Blue Elemental Blast (Would even be interested in NFC version of this one.)
Darkpact (Looking for a signed version.)
Power Sink (Would even be interested in NFC version of this one.)
Red Elemental Blast (Would even be interested in NFC version of this one.)
Time Walk
Wall of Ice

Thanks,
Jake

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Re: Looking for a few beta proofs...

Post by thulnanth » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Jake - good to see your still around and doing the whole MtG thing. :-P

Alas, I can't help you on your quest... no Beta proofs for me, sorry. Just wanted to say "hi".

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 am

AbsolutAlphas wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 pm
I know it's a shot in the dark, but it's been a while since I've asked, so here it goes. Does anyone have or know anyone that has any of these beta proofs for sale or trade:

Air Elemental
Time Walk
Wall of Ice

Thanks,
Jake
The Richard Thomas Artist Proofs are the Graal for a lot of collectors, good luck finding any of those. I don't even want to comment about the NFC ones as at least on this website, they are not accepted. Anyway the 6 (NFC) that you look for were sold on Ebay to different buyers between December 2014 and January 2015.
Darkpact signed: Amazingly hard to find even from back in the years. Graal of some collectors also (especially Brian that needs one to match the Original Art)
Time Walk: 2 of them were sold on Ebay in January 2017, maybe you can find back the buyers.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:50 pm

thulnanth wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 pm
Hi Jake - good to see your still around and doing the whole MtG thing. :-P

Alas, I can't help you on your quest... no Beta proofs for me, sorry. Just wanted to say "hi".

Take it easy,
Jared
Hey Jared!!! Thanks for saying 'hi'. Hope you're doing well. :)

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:04 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 am
AbsolutAlphas wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Air Elemental
Time Walk
Wall of Ice

Thanks,
Jake
The Richard Thomas Artist Proofs are the Graal for a lot of collectors, good luck finding any of those. I don't even want to comment about the NFC ones as at least on this website, they are not accepted. Anyway the 6 (NFC) that you look for were sold on Ebay to different buyers between December 2014 and January 2015.
Darkpact signed: Amazingly hard to find even from back in the years. Graal of some collectors also (especially Brian that needs one to match the Original Art)
Time Walk: 2 of them were sold on Ebay in January 2017, maybe you can find back the buyers.
Yeah, I remember the NFC cards Kid Icarus sold. In fact, I bought the Air Elemental, Karma, Time Walk and Wall of Ice to use as placeholders in my proof set until I get real ones. Speaking of those cards, I captured images of some of the bigger cards from those listings so we could identify them when they surfaced again. If you want to keep a copy of those, here they are:

https://imgur.com/a/6E8Tp

If you, or anyone else, happened to snag any other images from those listings, let me know and I'll add them to the ones I captured.

Thanks,
Jake

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:06 pm

AbsolutAlphas wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Yeah, I remember the NFC cards Kid Icarus sold. In fact, I bought the Air Elemental, Karma, Time Walk and Wall of Ice to use as placeholders in my proof set until I get real ones. Speaking of those cards, I captured images of some of the bigger cards from those listings so we could identify them when they surfaced again. If you want to keep a copy of those, here they are:

https://imgur.com/a/6E8Tp

If you, or anyone else, happened to snag any other images from those listings, let me know and I'll add them to the ones I captured.

Thanks,
Jake
Hi Jake

Nothing personal everyone knows I hate NFC, and I do remember that you bought some of those to be used as spacers/fillers/placeholders. I have kept myself a list of the sales with date and prices but not pics. This is what the Bayou looks like now:

If I heard about your missing ones, I will let you know.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.