Guru Land MISPRINTS!!! Only know copies to exist.

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue May 08, 2007 5:20 pm

ende73 wrote:Just thought I'd share my personal opinion (obviously no offense intended to anyone)

No matter how rare these are they suck as misprints... I mean, M Fillers, textless cards or double-stamped and Wyvern or Harry Potter or Pokemon backed cards LOOK cool, whereas I can't see any real "pimp-factor" in showing off a GURU land without its symbol... the vast majority of people wouldn't even notice unless you pointed it out to them :-(

I have paid big money for several misprints in the past, but really can't force myself into offering for these.
Hi Enrico.
I totally agree,this one was Way better:
http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/view ... light=guru
The others without the Symbol are probably victims of Bronze Robbers...
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/92
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Ok. I did't mean to offend or be a newb to the board. I've been dealing in ballcards and magic for a long time; and what was being posted many refer to it as low balling. I simply thought of it as an insult due to the fact i've established a value and had many offers. With pm to posts stating value above 200. In turn I did sell 3 for $800. with others offers close to it.
2nd.... I DIDN'T STATE THEY WERE STOLEN...I SUPPOSE STOLEN OR SOLD FROM WAREHOUSE. Many cards are not intended to see the market; you open a pack of ball/magic cards that has a defect you can send to the company for a replacement. Every card company as an allotment of cards sitting in there warehouse to be replaced if somehting is returned. These cards (the extras) are usually destroyed or somehow make it in the market. I do not know exactly how they were 1st obtained 8 years ago and all of sudden surface. I paid a lot for them knowing what they were and then made a find. I didn't, in no way shape or form was an accomplice to anything stolen. EVER! So take it as it is...I'm getting great offers and for thnt I thanks you all for your input and sincerely appologize for any belittling.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:58 pm

my apology was to paladin and berkumps. Paladin edited his...and berkumps just stated the presumed seller didn't know he had misprints or didn't care. Thats fair enough. My bad to both.

My inbox/message box doens't show I sent you a pm berkumps...I'm letting you know thanks for the input and pm you sent me.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:08 pm

I called wizards customer support. the 1st call he dind't know anything about...anything for the most part. but the 2nd call knew about Guru land/program. I asked him about the sheets production and as stated in the previous posts, 11x11 uncut sheets...as to how it made it out of production without stamps was unkown and unheard of he stated. Just letting you all know a little more. cc#18003246496 in Seattle.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:46 pm

samsworkshop11 wrote:I called wizards customer support. the 1st call he dind't know anything about...anything for the most part. but the 2nd call knew about Guru land/program. I asked him about the sheets production and as stated in the previous posts, 11x11 uncut sheets...as to how it made it out of production without stamps was unkown and unheard of he stated. Just letting you all know a little more. cc#18003246496 in Seattle.
If you expect info out of Wizards on errrors and production you'll be waiting a long, long time. They deny knowledge about all sorts of things, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. They just don't give any unless its to their advantage, or has something to do with the early (pre 1995) history and folklore of the game. As an example, their statement on alternate 4th is that none were authorized or released into retail channels. That is simply not true.

The 11 x 11 sheet is consistant with what I stated earlier. Carta Mundi prints whole sheets, cuts them into individual cards, then colates and package the cards. Everything is done on high-speed automated equipment. They normally catch problems and errors while the cards are still in uncut sheets. So if a sheet missed a process (albino cards, your gurus), or got put through too many processes (think double-printed cards), or got put through a process wrong (cards with upside down backs, Wyvern-backed Magic cards, etc.) then it needs to be caught at the sheet level. Once you have the sheets cut up into individual cards it is just too hard to spot errors. If you ever had a chance to see automated packaging equipment you would realize this.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:09 pm

I've seen it...we used to have a card company collectors Edge...you may have heard of it. there was a base of it in TN...I went to it years ago. Pretty neat stuff.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 am

I recieved a few emails today, one of which asked about the stolen part how it was obtained. I had to explain to him the story in which i've told you guys. I now would like to reinterate. I don't have a clue as to how they were obtained 8 years ago. Only what I've been told and how this could happen. Others have pm me , in which it he stated the story behind the Crystalline Sliver foil.
The fact is these Guru are obtained through Guru program...not in packs...thus making them "gluttoned". Meaning these came only from a warehouse or a place that sent out guru packages...so how they hit the market when they should've been destroyed I don't know. Just like the Crystalline sliver story, who knows...and why wern't they stamped with the guru smybol who knows.
Thanks Nick
P.s. I heard magiclibrary.net won't be around...that's rough. Everyone i've asked has made reference to this website; and I mean everyone! Everyone i've called/emailed. This is a great site. Sorry to hear that. You guys have helped me out tremendously.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Fri May 11, 2007 10:40 am

P.s. I heard magiclibrary.net won't be around...that's rough. Everyone i've asked has made reference to this website; and I mean everyone! Everyone i've called/emailed. This is a great site. Sorry to hear that. You guys have helped me out tremendously.
Hi Nick , you should write this into the "the end" thread!

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:00 am

my bad. Also I may be going to GP Columbus...don't know yet.

PolarBearGod
Librarities Legend

Post by PolarBearGod » Wed May 16, 2007 5:11 am

Nick if you ever need any form of backing on things, you can refer people to me. I know you don't deal in stolen merchandise or whatnot. Whatever people call it.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed May 16, 2007 7:03 am

PolarBearGod wrote: I know you don't deal in stolen merchandise or whatnot.
Didn't he admit that he did?

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:09 am

oh my gosh...please read the posts. If I was truely into anything stolen do people admit this. I am honest dude and stated the story (a very main dealer just gave me an inquiry as to how these may have hit the market STOLEN OR SOLD FROM WAREHOUSE)...I have a buiss tax id, if you wanna say i'm crooked...i'm technically a dealer and have been in the past with me and my old mans buisness that's as close to anything crooked. Or... wouldn't I edit my post and take the word "stolen" out. I'm not affaid of my story, I just want people to READ IT!!! I paid a lot of $$$$$$money for the cards I got... AT MY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!! Also Thanks Ritchie!!!!
So Gunslinga I'm not taking it personally but from one (Former) Wisc native to another...JEEPER'S MOSES MAN!!!!

GO BREWERS!!![/quote]

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:04 pm

Nick,

Your story has a few holes in it. The guru lands were produced by Carta Mundi but distributed by Wizards of the Coast. So the finished cards were shipped off in bulk to be packaged and distributed as teacher "guru" rewards from Wizards.

There are two possible ways these cards made it into circulation. The first is that one or more whole sheets of guru cards bypassed the symbol stamping stage, that the cards were then cut up, and that all the "missing symbol" cards were shipped out by Carta Mundi. In this case there should be many more cards like yours, but they haven't been publicized. However, this is unlikely, since the cards were distributed all over the world, so there shouldn't be a concentration of error cards like the one you obtained.

The second possibility is that your guru lands somehow (illegally) walked from the Carta Mundi facility near to where you live. In this case yours may be the only ones because your source stole them and the rest were destroyed. Or, a small group of employees split them up and yours is simply the first to surface. Carta Mundi does not give samples to employees, does not let employees take mistakes home, and does not throw mistakes in the trash. Their contract with Wizards absolutely forbids such activities. You can state this in any way you want, but if the cards weren't part of the bulk shipment to Wizards they left Carta Mundi illegally.

In your discussions about the collection you obtained, you have already stated:

"Plus the collection in which it was received was in 1999 and were somehow stolen or sold from the warehouse. the collection was 3 sets or more of MMasque foils as well as an uncut sheet (that was professionally cut like ballcards) and the Guru's in the mix of all the foils or 1999 MM."

In the art world (and the collectible world), purposely not confirming the authenticity and the origin of items does not protect you if the items turn out to be counterfeit or obtained by illegal means. You are therefore caught in a dilemna of your own making. If the guru lands came from the warehouse, and they couldn't have possibly come from the warehouse except by illegal means, then are they legal?

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:01 pm

ok.
I don't have a source because source refers to a connection, in which I do not have; and do not know the orgin 9 years ago, and everyone i've talked to doesn't know as well. It's an AMAZING FIND. As for a company forbiding anything...some people take actions into their own hands no matter what the consequences are. This end of the debate is so stupid! Should everyone return their cystalline sliver foils back to Seattle...I don't see that happening. No Matter. Also thanks for the Cardi area...I coudln't find that anywhere. As for holes in my story there are none, I stated what I was told and for the last 2 weeks i've been doing research into cards. Thanks hammr your extremely informative and been a big help.
thanks and later.

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Alright since Alexis doesn't want us posting on the other site I will do it here. One of my friends who was with me at Columbus inquired to the guy about his ebay auction. First off let me say i was at Star City Games table in Columbus and I saw these bull shit Guru Lands. FYI moron I was also talking to Wizards staff to get them taken from your booth so its a good thing you had them pulled first.

Here is was out dear friend at samsworkshop(a total piece of shit) had to say when a potential buyer asked about the guru lands up for ebay:

"HI, This is Nick D. I'd like for you to never bid on any items per request that you are in fact ignorant, oh AND YOU DON'T HAVE VERY POSITIVE FEEDBACK...YOU HAVE TO BE A RIPPER OF SOME SORT. "they were in FACT pulled due to being STOLEN and NOT SELLING!" Well which one is it jr...stolen or not selling. Where do you hear this shit. Your ignorant which means "lacking knowledge" So do tell everyone your nice little rumor becuase I HAVE THE ONLY ONES THAT EXIST. It's rejects like you that cause the card to not bring well over 200...but oh well cry now I have the market cornered on them you piss ant. DO NOT EVER BID ON ANYTHING OF MINE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S A FACT!!!!!! Read the damn forums to get your story straight...DO I LOOK AFFRAID...i've posted your question RIGHT IN THE GURU misprint category. You need to get your facts straight and not send me shit nor gossip this untrue story. Did you even have the guts to say that to me in Columbus...nobody else did? they were in aww. EATITPO1"

Well Nick, where I am from you talk shit like that you get your ass beat but here on our loving forums I believe it is only worthy of a nice banning. Let me be the first to say take your shitty misprints that no one cares about and shove them right up that crapping hole of an ass you have. And next time I am at the same event you are lets up myself along the rest of the room who knew about these stolen cards that you didnt sell any of, doesn't find out who you actually are.

Ryan - Johnstown713

EDIT: Also while we were at the Star City table in Columbus, none of us were in aww, we were all laughing at YOU for actually being dumb enough to put them out for the veiwing eye at a Wizards event.