Topic: FTV: Relics Sealed- $85 Shipped

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

stu55
Librarities Legend

Topic: FTV: Relics Sealed- $85 Shipped

Post by stu55 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Got one sealed, $85 Shipped in the USA

First come, first serve

PM Offers only

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Topic: FTV: Relics Sealed- $85 Shipped

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 am

stu55 wrote:Got one sealed, $85 Shipped in the USA

First come, first serve

PM Offers only
Just bought mine from the store I TO at for MSRP + tax. The whole allocation was sold at that price in one evening (as expected).

Just for kicks here is a shot of mine.... LOL

Humm, there seems to be something wrong......

Gary

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:43 am

YEAH! At Gencon when they were doing the early thing, the guy in front of me in line got his and it had no Mox Diamond, but two Karns! hahaha

The store I was at yesterday was selling them for $50.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:12 am

Hi,
I don t have mine yet but at 50 usd i m interested !
Let me know if someone can get a pack for me.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 am

yawg07 wrote:YEAH! At Gencon when they were doing the early thing, the guy in front of me in line got his and it had no Mox Diamond, but two Karns! hahaha

Ouch, when did that happen? I was there and dropped by the WotC booth a few times but didn't hear anything about them selling the set. Wish I had then I could play with some.

Gary

ninjason

Post by ninjason » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:03 am

To maximize the resale value, be sure to keep the outer white sleeve box intact and clean. That preserves the long term value for collectors. Unfortunately, another local retailer discarded all of their white boxes for this round of From the Vault for some reason. (They didn't do it on the previous two rounds, so I don't know why they did it this time.) This retailer is going to have some unhappy customers, myself included.
ninjason

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 am

ninjason wrote:To maximize the resale value, be sure to keep the outer white sleeve box intact and clean. That preserves the long term value for collectors. Unfortunately, another local retailer discarded all of their white boxes for this round of From the Vault for some reason. (They didn't do it on the previous two rounds, so I don't know why they did it this time.) This retailer is going to have some unhappy customers, myself included.

This doesn't make a ton of sense...I would consider the white box to be there to keep the main box clean and if the white box is dirty, that just means the main box should be clean....

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
yawg07 wrote:YEAH! At Gencon when they were doing the early thing, the guy in front of me in line got his and it had no Mox Diamond, but two Karns! hahaha

Ouch, when did that happen? I was there and dropped by the WotC booth a few times but didn't hear anything about them selling the set. Wish I had then I could play with some.

Gary
They had 4 randomly stationed people each day between 10 and 11am in the TCG hall and Vendor Hall.
Those people would put on red FTV Relics shirts and would hand out 25 tickets (total of 100 tickets a day, 400 total)
If you got a ticket, you could purchase one FTV Relics for MSRP from the WotC booth and they'd stamp your badge.

Right before they'd give em out they'd tweet where they were. So I was standing around with my buddies in different locations, each of us refreshing our twitter.
People went nuts over it, it was a big deal. People were running all over when the tweets hit.

I got one on Day 4, bought the thing for 35 and sold it for 90.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 pm

they should just print more next time... its not like wizards will gain any extra profit from people jacking up the prices?

flametongue
Librarities Hero

Post by flametongue » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 am

No but the price has gone up 25% in the Uk, i suspect they will just keep slowly inflating the price, since with the nice packaging and the demand they can justify this as a prieumum product, why print more when they can just charge more 8-|

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:35 pm

flametongue wrote:No but the price has gone up 25% in the Uk, i suspect they will just keep slowly inflating the price, since with the nice packaging and the demand they can justify this as a prieumum product, why print more when they can just charge more 8-|
but it is not wizards charging more though... The msrp is like 35$ iirc so if wizards prints like 10k they make 350k and retailers jack up to 70 lets say and the profit they make is not going back to wizards right? If wizards instead prints 20k units at 35$ then they make 700k and retailers might not be able to jack up the price so much but they still make money. I dont see why wizards wouldnt do it - are they afraid the units might not sell out or something?

I heard some guy from local say there's even talk about a P9 FTV msrp at 800$ or something....

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 am

shaselai1 wrote:
flametongue wrote:No but the price has gone up 25% in the Uk, i suspect they will just keep slowly inflating the price, since with the nice packaging and the demand they can justify this as a prieumum product, why print more when they can just charge more 8-|
but it is not wizards charging more though... The msrp is like 35$ iirc so if wizards prints like 10k they make 350k and retailers jack up to 70 lets say and the profit they make is not going back to wizards right? If wizards instead prints 20k units at 35$ then they make 700k and retailers might not be able to jack up the price so much but they still make money. I dont see why wizards wouldnt do it - are they afraid the units might not sell out or something?

I heard some guy from local say there's even talk about a P9 FTV msrp at 800$ or something....

The person at your store is stupid then, p9 will never get reprinted due to the reprint policy.

Wizards doesn't sell things at MSRP, they sell for under it. So they are making even less. I am sure they know that if they make more units, they will make more money, but that doesn't help the player buying the unit. The only reason I buy these is because they will eventually rise in price, but I am also lucky that my store sells them at MSRP

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:15 am

stu55 wrote:
shaselai1 wrote:

nice. i dont really blame stores selling ebay prices since some people buy them to sell on ebay... i would def buy a set if it were FTV angels

The person at your store is stupid then, p9 will never get reprinted due to the reprint policy.

Wizards doesn't sell things at MSRP, they sell for under it. So they are making even less. I am sure they know that if they make more units, they will make more money, but that doesn't help the player buying the unit. The only reason I buy these is because they will eventually rise in price, but I am also lucky that my store sells them at MSRP

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:04 pm

LOL, I really can't believe that "collectors" would not know the reason that WotC makes special limited quantity products that will obviously jump in price--either from dealers who sell over MSRP or from the rest of the secondary market.....

Think, my friends, THINK.

Gary

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:12 am

Buying a product with the vision of speculation seems quite odd to me.

It takes all the pleasure of getting it off you...

The value of a product doesn't make it nicer.

Slivers Deck is nice, it is far cheaper than FTV, but also pretty cool :-D

Shame...