Who needs vintage Crazy Clown (Minagishi) tokens?

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Who needs vintage Crazy Clown (Minagishi) tokens?

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I have been fortunate enough in the last few years to acquire three of the largest Minagishi token collections in the world. I've done this, in part, since I am an obsessive collector. :-\' I've also done this to continue my scientific investigation into how many of the Crazy Clown series were reprinted, and how many of those reprints might have been "counterfeits". The good news is that it appears that only the 7th and 8th series experienced substantial counterfeiting. This confirms my earlier findings on a much smaller sample of tokens.

Anyway, as a result of these purchases, plus my substantial original collection, I now have an excess of Crazy Clown tokens, even for me. I expect to be ready to sell or trade some extras by later this summer, and will be offering them to site members first. I should have full sets available for many series (3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, and possibly near sets of real 7th and 8th) and individual tokens from nearly every series, except for 2nd and 9th. I'm still not certain about what variations people collect (dark vs light, glossy front vs. glossy back, etc) but I will likely have some of those available as well.

I still need some Crazy Clown tokens, primarily from 1st, 2nd and 9th series, along with a few autographed 10th series tokens. I can replace autographed 10th series tokens with non-autographed versions to keep your sets complete. I also have a few autographed duplicates.

I'll post more details of specific haves and wants next month. I haven't yet figured out pricing, and I would actually prefer to trade tokens for tokens, or for other odd-ball items I need. Right now I am looking to give advance notice so I can find out what tokens Librarities members need.

While I would prefer trading for many of the tokens, I will be offering full sets of 5th series (1 each of the foil goblin and zombie tokens, 3 or 4 each of the other three two-sided tokens), plus a Copy Card token from 6th series, and perhaps one or two random tokens. These will be offered at very reasonable prices, thanks to the bulk pricing I obtained from one of the collectors. These tokens are in beautiful condition, having been obtained directly from Arai Jin. If you have never collected Crazy Clown tokens, this will be a great opportunity to start.

There is no rush, but when you get a chance let me know what tokens you need. And if you have extras please let me know (the addiction continues). :-D

Hank

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Hank:

We've had a bunch of these sitting around for as long as I've been with the company - can you link me to a page where I can identify which come from which series, and I'll let you know if we have any that you might need?

- Ben

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 am

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I am interested in the tokens :-D please let me know the price.

flametongue
Librarities Hero

Post by flametongue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:54 pm

PM sent

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 am

I'm keeping track of all the PM's. I'll let everyone know some time next month whats available. I still have a few hundred tokens that I need to evaluate to ensure they are "real".