Anyone need Melissa Benson APs?

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Anyone need Melissa Benson APs?

Post by gzeiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 am

As you may know, Melissa Benson asks very high prices for her proofs ($50 per card, or more for popular ones). However, she offers a discount for purchases of complete sets and for multiple sets. The rate is 10% off the total order for each complete set purchased, up to a maximum 60% discount - ie $20 per card if you buy six sets.

There are a couple of us (not all members here) who have been working on collecting a set of Legends APs, and we're trying to get a group purchase together for these. I know there are several people here who collect proofs. Would anyone be interested in getting in on a discounted rate for Benson's? I don't think you have to order Legends to help us get the discount, but I'm checking on that.

Also, if anyone has a Legends Land Tax proof please email me :)

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 am

I know Clay (Alien_Starfighter_Pilot) is putting together a Benson global set. Not sure about APs but you can check with him.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Re: Anyone need Melissa Benson APs?

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 am

gzeiger wrote:As you may know, Melissa Benson asks very high prices for her proofs ($50 per card, or more for popular ones). However, she offers a discount for purchases of complete sets and for multiple sets. The rate is 10% off the total order for each complete set purchased, up to a maximum 60% discount - ie $20 per card if you buy six sets.

Would anyone be interested in getting in on a discounted rate for Benson's?
I am interested. When do you want to place the order?

I also know she will sign up to 15 cards when you buy APs from her, as long as you mail them to her.

Clay

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Re: Anyone need Melissa Benson APs?

Post by effai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:46 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:
gzeiger wrote:As you may know, Melissa Benson asks very high prices for her proofs ($50 per card, or more for popular ones). However, she offers a discount for purchases of complete sets and for multiple sets. The rate is 10% off the total order for each complete set purchased, up to a maximum 60% discount - ie $20 per card if you buy six sets.

Would anyone be interested in getting in on a discounted rate for Benson's?
I am interested. When do you want to place the order?

I also know she will sign up to 15 cards when you buy APs from her, as long as you mail them to her.

Clay
I'm interested in a holy armor set if we manage to reach 20$/card
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 am

I am interested in 3 different sets (totalling 23 APs) from her. Hopefully we can get 6 total sets from her to reach the 60% off discount.

effai

Post by effai » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 am

Allright, I misunderstood, I thought it was a card set, not an edition set. This way it'll be difficult for me to get the holy armor AP (I need all of them except the A/B one), this means 5 sets if I'm right... :-(

But still, if there is some spare one, I'd gladly buy them at 20$ each.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

It looks like we already have six sets spoken for here. I'm waiting to hear from one more person, but I expect an answer today.

If those who have expressed interest could either PM, email, or post here with exactly what you want I'll see what we can get (her website doesn't have real time inventory, just a list of titles she has done and a note to email for availability).

I'll also get an answer on whether the discount applies to extra singles of Holy Armor if bought together with sets. I'd still like a list of which sets that is though - English Revised and 4th in English and Chinese are all I know of, but you mentioned five not counting the CE.

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm always interested in Beta APs if the price is right. (also, Shivan and Nightmare in other editions)

Let me know what kind of negotiations are in place. I could jump in.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Right now I'm just waiting on Clay, and I guess you, to confirm what exactly you want. I'd like to send her one email with everything we want, and then I'll let you know if she's sold out of anything. We are above the 60% discount mark; however I'm not sure if the discount can be applied to cards not purchased as complete sets, like the Holy Armors and Shivan. I'll let you know about that when I find out.

effai

Post by effai » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 am

gzeiger wrote: I'll also get an answer on whether the discount applies to extra singles of Holy Armor if bought together with sets. I'd still like a list of which sets that is though - English Revised and 4th in English and Chinese are all I know of, but you mentioned five not counting the CE.
The editions I need for my holy armor APs (one more that I thought : I need 6, signed, if possible) :

Unlimited Italian
Revised
4th
4th Chinese
4th Japanese
4th Italian

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:40 pm

If everyone that has made a request would please PM me with an email address, I think it would be much easier to communicate that way.

Also please specify if you prefer signed or unsigned cards.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Still need an email address for Alien_Starfighter_Pilot if anyone has it.

The Holy Armors will be discounted if you take all seven; she will consider that a set. Other singles are not discounted at all, even when purchased together with complete sets.

Only four cards remain from Beta: Fire Elemental, Holy Armor, Mesa Pegasus, Timber Wolves. EDIT: She does not consider these any longer to be a set, so they are just $50 each. If you were looking for the Betas, or the guy who wanted just a Shivan Dragon, you might as well just buy them yourself and have a little more freedom to get cards signed, a little quicker shipping, etc.
Last edited by gzeiger on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Also, she will sign cards as part of a purchase, so if anyone has something they want signed I think what we'll do is give her the names of everybody along with the payment, and you can mail her the cards directly with a return envelope. I haven't confirmed with her that that's ok to get multiple packages, but I don't see why it would be a problem for an order this size.

She says she'll sign 15 cards per item purchased, so for the people buying multiple sets that's basically unlimited.

effai

Post by effai » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:50 pm

gzeiger wrote: The Holy Armors will be discounted if you take all seven; she will consider that a set. Other singles are not discounted at all, even when purchased together with complete sets.
that's ok, I already answered to your friend scott. I'll take all seven, and I'll sell the beta holy armor at 20$ if someone's interested

effai

Post by effai » Fri May 04, 2012 9:13 am

I got my APs :)

so, anyone's interested by a Beta AP Holy Armor for 20$ ?