Miscut Rakdos Event Deck

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Miscut Rakdos Event Deck

Post by kidicarus2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am

Hey guys! I was hoping someone could give me a value on this miscut Rakdos event deck. I'm interested in selling it, but am not quite sure on a fair value. I would appreciate any info that people can give.

About half the deck is showing more than one card. I took individual pictures of those cards so you could see exactly how miscut they are. The other cards have varying degrees of miscut borders, but not enough to show the next card. All of the cards are miscut the same on both the front and back. The sideboard for the deck is not miscut.

I am also open to accepting offers, but am not sure what channel I will sell it through yet. If I can get a good idea on value I would prefer to sell it through here, but if no one can agree on a value then I might have to put it on eBay and see what happens. I know there are quite a few miscut collectors on here, so hopefully between my knowledge and yours I will be able to get a fair value on this and find it a good home.

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 am

I didn't get any replies from anyone here, so I went ahead and listed it on eBay. In case anyone here was interested but didn't see it in time, here is a link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-60-Card-Mi ... 2c6bd8fa82

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 pm

the deck should be 75 cards with the sideboard, does that mean the sideboard is missing or is not miscut ?

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah, the sideboard wasn't miscut so I didn't bother including it. They must print the sideboards in a different run, since all 15 cards in the sideboard were perfectly cut.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm

kidicarus2000 wrote: They must print the sideboards in a different run, since all 15 cards in the sideboard were perfectly cut.
That's actually an interesting bit of production trivia that I didn't know.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm

It sounds perfectly logical. Most sheets have 121 card capacity. Which works well for two 60-card decks.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Well kidicarus2000,
I wish you the best for this auction. Hope that will reach, or be over what you are expecting.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Thought you might appreciate a better italian translation for your auctions' shipping policy:

ATTENZIONE : I COMPRATORI DALL'ITALIA DEVONO PAGARE $14 SUPPLEMENTARI PER LA SPEDIZIONE ASSICURATA (DOVUTI SOLAMENTE UNA VOLTA PER OGNI SPEDIZIONE EFFETTUATA, NON PER SINGOLA VOCE). CIÒ È DOVUTO AI TANTISSIMI PROBLEMI RISCONTRATI IN PASSATO NEGLI UFFICI DOGANALI ITALIANI. L'ASSICURAZIONE E' OBBLIGATORIA PER TUTTE LE SPEDIZIONI VERSO L'ITALIA; QUESTO NON È NEGOZIABILE. SE PROVENITE DALL'ITALIA E VINCETE UN'ASTA, SARETE TENUTI A PAGARE I $14 SUPPLEMENTARI PER L'ASSICURAZIONE.

:wink:

(By the way, ASSICURATA actually means INSURED, whereas I'm pretty sure that what you require is REGISTERED i.e. tracked mail, which would translate as RACCOMANDATA INTERNAZIONALE. I'm telling you this because many italian buyers might be put off by reading INSURANCE, as this implies an automatic approximate 25% price increase due to customs duties and taxes. However I did not translate this as well since I'm not totally sure about your actual requirements).

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Yvel - thanks for the well wishes, hopefully someone here wins it if they want it. I didn't hear back from anyone in the few days before I listed it, so I wasn't sure if anyone actually wanted it or not. Honestly though, I'm not sure of a good idea on value, so the auction may have been better anyway.

ende - thank you for the Italian translation! I don't speak Italian, so I had to use a free translator and knew it wasn't correct. Insured might not be the best word to use for Italian buyers. I upgrade Italian shipments to Priority Mail or they get "lost" in transit. I used the word insurance because Priority Mail automatically comes with insurance and I thought that best explained the extra cost. I could just change it to Priority Mail though, do you think that would make sense to Italian buyers?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:58 pm

I always was told that Italian posts were not safe. So the Spanish ones.

So offering insurance could be good.

I am collecting event decks, so I could be interested. If the price is not too high (just because I don't value miscuts myself, and I have none in my collection, don't get me wrong), I will place a bid, it would be a fun addition to my collection. But I'd need the sideboard.

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 pm

magic - If you do win it, I can include the sideboard for you. I just didn't include it in the auction since it wasn't miscut and I didn't figure anyone would care. I still have the box, die, and inserts as well, so I can ship the entire thing to you.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Anyone has an idea about the value of a deck like this ? I am not aware at all at the miscuts values.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Just to clarify on the Italian Posts issue (don't know about the Spanish situation):

The real issue only typically arises when regular airmail is used (i.e. an envelope with no sender's receipt, no tracking label attached and obviously no insurance). In that case the chances of theft, loss or great delays are quite high, and nowadays nobody would be crazy enough to employ that shipping method on valuable items. From a linguistic point of view, unfortunately this method is called POSTA PRIORITARIA in Italy (!), so that often causes a lot of confusion.

The best way to ship (imho) is international registered airmail (i.e. with receipt and tracking number). This costs about $15 on normal envelopes sent from the USA and has actually very little chances of getting lost (about 0.1% in my experience based on well over 1,000 trades in the past 15 years). Registered airmal comes with an automatic $40-50ish insurance coverage. The only problem is that it's quite slow (up to 15-20 days for delivery). In italian you would call this method RACCOMANDATA INTERNAZIONALE.

On extremely valuable items, or where speed is important, you would have to use express mail or courier services (even private like FedEx or UPS). These are very expensive ($30+ shipping) but guarantee delivery in 48-72 hours and VERY rarely get lost. In Italy you would call this CORRIERE INTERNAZIONALE and I believe your description of priority mail fits into this category.

Insurance can be purchased both on registered airmail or express/priority/courier deliveries. This is where the ASSICURATA word should be included. The problem with insuring a package is that the value declared for insurance purposes is automatically considered the item's actual value for customs purposes too, and when we import stuff from outside the European Union customs duties and taxes can amount to about 25% (!) on top of this value. In my experience, this amount is ALWAYS collected on private courier or express mail services, very rarely on registered airmail.
In any case, italian buyers will almost always ask you to avoid declaring a high item value to avoid customs duties, and thus they do not want insurance. You can decide to agree to this and use registered airmail, but in that case you'd have to make sure the buyer explictly agrees to have no (or partial) coverage in case the item does effectively get lost.

I hope this clears things up a little bit.

ende73

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:36 pm

ende73 wrote:You can decide to agree to this and use registered airmail, but in that case you'd have to make sure the buyer explictly agrees to have no (or partial) coverage in case the item does effectively get lost.
And just to add on this. The buyer can agree to whatever you say, and then completely back out if PayPal was used for payment. PayPal does not honor such handshake agreements, even if presented in writing, and will still refund the buyer their full payment in the case of loss/damage.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:37 pm

And the buyer can also ask for a chargeback with his credit card company.

That's why I shipped the HP back cards with Express courriers...