Korean Online Promo "cards"

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Korean Online Promo "cards"

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm

I picked these up while there but could not get a good explination of how they are to be used or how they were given out.

I was given the impression that the Jace one is more important/better than the Ral one.

It says something to the effect of "Congratulations on completing the Maze" Then you go online and use the redemption number for some kind of online prize or some such.

Because Magic Online is not "encouraged" in Korea there seemed to be little desire to give out the cards (I saw them in a box and asked for them). Magic Online has not been included in the advertisements on the back of the t/t cards in Korean.

So, for whatever.....

Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 am

I believe they are for achievements on the planeswalkerpoints.com site. I'm sure most got thrown out in the US, so not much different than in Korea.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun May 26, 2013 3:20 am

I posted pictures of the Japanese cards I picked up at the prerelease earlier. I don't recall watching the other players throw them away, but I didn't pay incredibly close attention. I was just happy I was able to get one of each :)

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

They were shipped to every store celebrating a prerelease. Those are given to all the players in the tournament.

They are, to the beast of my knowledge, achievements to show in your DCI profile.

The one with Ral Zarek translates (From Spanish) "Maze Runner/Challenger", and it is given to every player attending the prerelease. The one with Jace says "Maze Champion", and it's given to the players playing the guild that achieves first the 10 victories in the tournament.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun May 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Clay, if you run across any extras in Japanese please snag them for me.

CHaPuZaS, Thats the kind of information I was hoping to get. The shop owner here told me he had trashed all the extra he had and was not very clear on the requirements for winning the Jace card.

Also if you have an extra Spanish set I'd like it. Maybe I can talk you into a set of those and a set of Spanish Dragon's Maze Guildgates.

I have the 6-pack Dragon's Maze and Gatecrash for you. In both cases there were no boosters with security strips in the boxes.

I'm still looking for an English set of the planechase cards.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon May 27, 2013 6:02 pm

I think that we still have some of them in the store. Would you like 1 or a playset of each? The guildgates are already at home.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:I think that we still have some of them in the store. Would you like 1 or a playset of each? The guildgates are already at home.
LOL, I think there are just the two and that is what I need. I will put what I can find and what others contribute into a "page of interest"

Man, I have so many pages started I'll end up with a 3 ring binder full.

Gary
Gary Adkison