Coreset german 8th Precondeck Misprints

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Coreset german 8th Precondeck Misprints

Post by mmgun » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I recently stumbled over a post in another forum, where someone mentioned to own a german 8th Precon deck with misprinted cards.
All cards with Mana or Tap Symbols in their textbox do miss the shading behind these symbols ( remember, 8th was the time, where they used only Black and White for Symbols in the textbox)

After that i found a random guy on youtube, who made opening videos of all 5 german 8th Precon Decks. This confirmed the above post, so i finally found some sealed german 8th Precons and opened them and found (almost) all the expected cards to be misprinted as described.

For comparison the normal 8th cards from booster packs:

Affected cards:
Green "Schwere Jungs" Deck:
Rhox, Fyndhorn Elder, Nantuko Disciple, Rod of Ruin

Red "Tempofackel" Deck:
Fodder Cannon

Blue "Luftschlag" Deck:
Fleeting Image,Puppeteer,Spiketail Hatchling, Mana Leak

White "Lebensader" Deck:
Crossbow Infantry, Angelic Page, Ivory Cup

The Black "Vertreibung" Deck also should have an affected Card : Disrupting Scepter , however this card does not have the misprint for unknown reasons, as you can see Here:

https://youtu.be/tiJywPd4vTk?list=PL7zv ... oH1u&t=641

Big Question now, did this happen to other languages 8th Precon decks as well ?

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Re: Coreset german 8th Precondeck Misprints

Post by Neuron » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Wow! There might be two print runs of all the decks, I own a de square cut Speed Scorch where Fodder Cannon is not misprinted.
8th Edition seems to contain a lot of print variants; these are four French Rod of Ruins which all have different shadings, two of them even in beige: