Planeswalker Guide to Alara, misprinted cover

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Hellbahamut

Planeswalker Guide to Alara, misprinted cover

Post by Hellbahamut » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:57 am

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, and I'd like to inquire about a MTG product I've found in a shop near me. I do hope to be posting this in the right section.

A few days ago, I've bought a lore book of MTG, entitled :

A Planeswalker Guide to Alara, by Doug Beyer and Jenna Helland.

Here's the link to the wizards.com website when they covered its release

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2008-09-11

I bought the book without real knowledge of what it was, and soon realized that the cover of the book was misprinted. A golden border goes around the illustration and the MTG logo. Mine seems to be printed a few millimeters too low. Picture of the book for better understanding.

It seems that this book is a hard find, and I've seen a few copies for sale on Amazon, going for as low as 45$, and a few "mint" editions for as high as 200$.

So I've been wondering if I'm in possession of a one of a kind book with any sort of value. If yes, how and where can I sell this thing?

Any help on this subject would be well appreciated. I thank you all for your time and consideration.

Also please excuse me for bad quality of image. I'll be willing to send via email a better picture to anyone actually interested in this.
Attachments
2017-02-10 21.55.34.jpg
Sorry for bad quality.
2017-02-10 21.55.34.jpg (196.27 KiB) Viewed 4044 times

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Planeswalker Guide to Alara, misprinted cover

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:02 am

Hi and welcome

So according to pics that I could find on the internet, the book should look like this:

A MTG book collector might value it a little bit more and I'm not even sure about it. I believe Ebay will be the most appropriate place (adding Misprinted cover in your title). IMHO
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.