Beta nm/m complete set?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

skirk1983
Librarities Hero

Beta nm/m complete set?

Post by skirk1983 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Hey

Whay is the value of a Beta nm/m complete set these days?

Thanks

SKirk

Royal Ass.
Librarities Hero

Post by Royal Ass. » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:07 am

http://sales.starcitygames.com/category.php?cat=141

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Magic-The-G ... p1n10.html

Of course neither of these sites have a complete set in stock, so perhaps it's worth more than that.
Ci sono cose che succedono ai vivi non ai morti.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Resurrecting this thread for an update, please.
No set at SCG, and T&Ts is at usd12k - is that a reasonable price now?

A friend is about to sell, why im asking.
Is eBay the way to go for such items?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 pm

It depends on the condition of the P9.

If your friend is in the US, maybe he'd better have the P9 graded, so that he knew what the value is.

If the P9 is not NM/M, then the value is quite low compared to what could be expected.

agzz

Post by agzz » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:10 pm

magic-belgium wrote:It depends on the condition of the P9.

If your friend is in the US, maybe he'd better have the P9 graded, so that he knew what the value is.

If the P9 is not NM/M, then the value is quite low compared to what could be expected.
Everything but Copy Artifact is NM and set is in Sweden.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Ebay can be a great place to sell if your friend has excellent feedback. Otherwise it is well worth finding someone who does.

He also needs to decide whether to sell it whole or break it up. A single auction is obviously easier, but he'll probably take a hit against the singles price. He could sell the commons as a set, and the uncommons as another set if he wanted to limit the number of auctions a bit. Slabbing the key cards might be worth it simply to verify they are real and limit scammers from swapping them or claiming they weren't real. An alternative might be to try and restrict low feedback buyers.

a couple of things to remember. On eBay, lack of great feedback (and a number over 100) could cost 10% - 20%. Using eBay and Paypal will cost as much as 10%. Selling the set vs. breaking it up will likely cost 10% or more. And hi-resolution scans of everything would be pretty important, to minimize the possibility of scammers changing cards. I don't know what impact selling them from Sweden will have.

Good Luck!

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

One another thing to take into account : the current economical crisis, which leads people to invest less in cards.

But your friend can still try to sell with a reserve, and test the market instead of being tied into a transaction.

If I had the money at the moment, I would have bought it, but I have too many transactions running at the moment unfortunately.

agzz

Post by agzz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:06 am

Info forwarded and greatly appriciated!
Thanks guys!

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Ebay Pro

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:49 pm

hammr7 wrote:Ebay can be a great place to sell if your friend has excellent feedback. Otherwise it is well worth finding someone who does.

He also needs to decide whether to sell it whole or break it up. A single auction is obviously easier, but he'll probably take a hit against the singles price. He could sell the commons as a set, and the uncommons as another set if he wanted to limit the number of auctions a bit. Slabbing the key cards might be worth it simply to verify they are real and limit scammers from swapping them or claiming they weren't real. An alternative might be to try and restrict low feedback buyers.

a couple of things to remember. On eBay, lack of great feedback (and a number over 100) could cost 10% - 20%. Using eBay and Paypal will cost as much as 10%. Selling the set vs. breaking it up will likely cost 10% or more. And hi-resolution scans of everything would be pretty important, to minimize the possibility of scammers changing cards. I don't know what impact selling them from Sweden will have.

Good Luck!
Ebay pro?? :-P

@Peter: would you mind to pm me the price he's asking for it?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:51 pm

I thought you were diminishing your MTG budget ? :wink:

I guess you'll always need your fix. Until you come back to MTG and buy all the sets you missed for a couple of years...

Let's take a bet.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Price

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:59 pm

I don't collect any cards that have a 2008 or 08 on it, everything before this is still interesting...
Also there are not to many A and B sets that are sold out of the US from people I know and are reliable. Since I know Peter I would feel comfortable.
Everything depends on price and of course Christina...
lol

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Re: Ebay Pro

Post by hammr7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:
hammr7 wrote:Ebay can be a great place to sell if your friend has excellent feedback. Otherwise it is well worth finding someone who does.

Good Luck!
Ebay pro?? :-P
I have over 2000 transactions on eBay, most as a buyer of Magic items. I built my substantial collection getting great deals from newbie sellers after confirming they were legitimate.

More recently I have been selling vintage baseball collectibles and vintage audio gear (my old hobbies), with much of the audio gear selling Internationally. Despite eBays changes, my feedback rating is almost 900 at 100% positive. Buyers figure they will get the item I'm offering, and the actual item will match my description. Its amazing what credibility will do for the prices people are willing to pay.

My experience mirrors that of a number of bigger Magic sellers, like Brap and Strictly-Magic. They get top dollar because they are conservative on grading and extremely reliable on shipping. I actually got great deals from both early in their eBay careers, as I realized they were quality sellers before the rest of the eBay community did.

bigbob585
Librarities Member

Post by bigbob585 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 am

same here. if you can pm me with the asking price. there's a guy my local shop knows who wants to purchase a full set and with minimal commission added. please lmk and i'm sure we can work something out

thanks
bobby