Blue Hurricane

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Blue Hurricane

Post by mwagee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Please enlighten a newb...

How many known copies of the Blue Hurricane card (summer magic?) are out there? Thanks.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Re: Blue Hurricane

Post by Grapes17 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 pm

mwagee wrote:Please enlighten a newb...

How many known copies of the Blue Hurricane card (summer magic?) are out there? Thanks.
It was an uncommon so roughly between 25 and 75? Assuming that rares are only between 7-14 copies, and uncommon are three times as common... Someone probably has better numbers on this though.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Re: Blue Hurricane

Post by ende73 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Grapes17 wrote:
mwagee wrote:Please enlighten a newb...

It was an uncommon so roughly between 25 and 75? Assuming that rares are only between 7-14 copies, and uncommon are three times as common... Someone probably has better numbers on this though.
I have always heard that Summer Magic exists in about 5/6 of each rare card (I believe this website also gives that number) so I wouldn't really expect more than 15-20 Hurricanes to exist.

On the other hand, I also read about some estimates of a larger Summer Magic population, but I think a realistic count for Hurricanes can't be above 40 maximum... after all it is also safe to assume a good percentage of these ended up in the waste-paper basket :-\ or lie forgotten in some boxes of people who don't even know what they are ](*,)

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:06 pm

Yea, exact numbers are hard to come by, due to the fact that this is a set where "All copies were destroyed" Riiiiiight.

Simply put, commons and uncommons are not too difficult to find (although finding a SELLER of any given card may be difficult). My believed approximation of each rarity is 5-10 of each rare, 30-60 of each uncommon, & 100-200 of each common. Basic land appeared on both uncommon & common sheets, so there is plenty of it. If you've eer opened Revised packs back in the day, you'ld understand. :wink:

I also did some serious shopping for the Hurricane a while back, and you could probably get one for under $5,000 if you know where to look...

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 am

i saw one in a store last year, think it was 3,5-4k. (@ todays rate)

orkah
Librarities Member

Post by orkah » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:08 pm

I think there are probably more summer cards then most people think.
Originally everybody thought only a few edgar boxes survived and were shipped to England and Texas, but I know for a fact some boxes also made it to Eindhoven (The Netherlands) and even more to Turnhout (Belgium, in fact the city were Carta Mundi is).
I, for example, opened a complete summer booster box in Turnhout and a friend of mine another in 1994 (thinking it was revised).
I also know of a shop in Eindhoven were there was a lot of summer magic (even a complete set which was sold to a respected collector and anonimous member of this community).
It is like it is mentioned before, a lot of summer cards are resting in a closset or dumped in a trashcan because people don t know what they are (believe me i can tell some horror stories about carta mundi employes trowing away full beta booster boxes and stuff like that).
If I would need to make an estimate I would guess there are about 50 - 75 hurricanes in 'rotation'.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:10 pm

orkah wrote:(believe me i can tell some horror stories about carta mundi employes trowing away full beta booster boxes and stuff like that).
If the Site's technicians can find a way to close the Topic to the weak of heart :-D I'd love you to post some of those stories here, as I'm really curious as to some of the things that happened in the good old days.